Official: Tosin Adarabioyo signs for Chelsea

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/tosin-adarabioyo-to-join-chelsea

The 26-year-old has signed a four-year contract – which begins on July 1 – and arrives from west London neighbours Fulham.

After signing for the Blues, Tosin said: ‘Chelsea is a huge club and this is a full-circle moment for me. I was born three miles away from Stamford Bridge and made my professional debut there.

'I’m very excited and looking forward to helping push the club in the direction we want to go.’

Tosin Adarabioyo Chelsea signing

• My Blood Is Blue changed the title to Official: Tosin Adarabioyo signs for Chelsea
Posted (edited)

He captained Man City's U18 side in the 2015 FA Youth Cup Final at the Bridge. Chelsea won 5-2 on aggregate. Chelsea had a good side with players like Aina, Fik, JCS, Colkett, Charlie Musonda, Tammy, Solanke, Izzy Brown, Palmer, Boga, and Sammut. The only ones I recognise from the Man City team are Ihenacho, Brandon Barker and Tosin Adarabioyo. I looked at the highlights, but it did not show much.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 1

A few observations;

1) Great news. Welcome.

2) An attempt in the main photo to cover the sponsor?

3) How shit is that reflective badge and what clown thought that would be a good idea?

• Like 2

Nothing particularly against this player, but this only makes sense if we're selling Disasi, which I doubt. Even if we sell Chalobah, which would be crazy given his ability, versatility and acceptance of a squad role, do we really think that Adarabioyo or Disasi are good enough to be first choice alongside Colwill or Badiashile?

I'd have understood signing this player last year, when we were in the market for a backup CB, but now I don't see the point. If Fofana isn't up to a comeback, surely we would need to sign someone that would be an undisputed first choice.

I think they see him as a replacement for Silva. I am not suggesting he has the same skill level as Thiago, but just in numbers. We have Chalobah, Badiashile, Disasi, Fofana, and Colwill (assuming Alfie goes on loan and Malang Sarr is sold). I don't see Fofana coming back soon. So, that leaves five, including Tosin. I think they have decided on Chalobah and Colwill as their first choice and Tosin for cover, backed up by one or both of Badiashile and Disasi. Having said that, I thought all sorts of things over the last transfer window, and none were correct.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well hopefully Tosin will provide strength and leadership. And with COACHING he’ll help to stop the clown show  goals we concede from set pieces. PL experience, English and 26. All for free. Could be a rare smart move. Welcome, Tosin! 🩶🩷

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Nothing particularly against this player, but this only makes sense if we're selling Disasi, which I doubt. Even if we sell Chalobah, which would be crazy given his ability, versatility and acceptance of a squad role, do we really think that Adarabioyo or Disasi are good enough to be first choice alongside Colwill or Badiashile?

I'd have understood signing this player last year, when we were in the market for a backup CB, but now I don't see the point. If Fofana isn't up to a comeback, surely we would need to sign someone that would be an undisputed first choice.

Tosin is by far the best CB we have....

...at being tall.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

40k per week at Fulham PL miles on the clock, cost nothing, part of a defensive team which conceded 2 less goals than Chelsea in the PL last season. one assumes it fits the profile of what the club can call an experienced player. 

I guess for him it’s a dream not having to relocate. 

I guess 1-July contract start means he’s part of next years FSP calculation. 

Edited by ROTG

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

40k per week at Fulham PL miles on the clock, cost nothing, part of a defensive team which conceded 2 less goals than Chelsea in the PL last season. one assumes it fits the profile of what the club can call an experienced player. 

I guess for him it’s a dream not having to relocate. 

I guess 1-July contract start means he’s part of next years FSP calculation. 

Yes, great signing if you're short of CBs. But we're not!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Maybe they know something about our CBs that we don't.

Going to be interesting to see where he is in the pecking order, when the club have invested in excess of £140m on CB in the past 4 transfer windows. Especially as two were signed by Stewart from his previous club and they allegedly call the tunes on playing style. 

He was a good player for Fulham, they got most of their clean sheets last season when he started. He’s tall and decent in the air, also a pretty good distributor which will suit the way we play, although their fans are adamant that he always had a mistake in him. 

16 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Maybe they know something about our CBs that we don't.

They know they need to sell Chalobah because they've badly mismanaged the club's finances and now desperatly need the impact of 'pure profit' academy sales to balance the books. There's only so many car parks and training grounds they can strip away from the club to balance the books. 

So far Chalobah and Gallagher have refused to accept moves away. Good on them and I hope they do the same again this summer.