CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

West Ham United 1 Chelsea 1

JaneB

2 minutes ago, RDCW said:

We started really well, but have fizzled out somewhat, characteristic of a squad lacking supreme confidence and familiarity with each other.

Yup. 

Performance so far a big plus. But for a few inches, could have been out of sight

I... can't really complain about that performance at all. We were passing from midfield way quicker, finding space between the lines, and only fractions away from scoring 3. 

Only Chelsea could dominate a game that much though and concede. Easy to pin it on Cucurella, but James and Madueke were quite poor for the goal conceded.

But I think if we keep playing like this we SHOULD win...

Frustrating in the end. We started so well, got a great goal and really should go into the break 2/3 ahead, however, as we often do, we switched off for 5 mins or so and invited them back into the game.

Felix is a brilliant player, really is a special talent and he’s again linked up well with Havertz.

Would like to see more of both Mudryk and Madueke, neither had enough of the ball today.

Cucurella is poor, he’s a liability and if Chilwell has it in him, we have to get him on at half time, otherwise they’ll target that side and get another goal.

Massive blow if we get anything other than a win here, comfortably the better team.

1 minute ago, Proud-Blue said:

I... can't really complain about that performance at all. We were passing from midfield way quicker, finding space between the lines, and only fractions away from scoring 3. 

Only Chelsea could dominate a game that much though and concede. Easy to pin it on Cucurella, but James and Madueke were quite poor for the goal conceded.

But I think if we keep playing like this we SHOULD win...

I’d like to agree, but seen the opposite happen so many times.

Actually enjoyed our game in the first half. We could have been 3 up instead of pegged back but as I have said previously we have zero momentum/luck. With goals will come momentum and then luck begets luck.

It will be interesting what happens in the second half. Can Potter make a difference?

22 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Cucurella awful yet again. 

Wasn't really his fault to be fair. 

He gets a hospital like pass by Badiashile that pins him right to the sideline with no real time or out, in turn knocks it ahead and possession ends up lost.

If anything Loftus-Cheek sort of stands in no mans land in the middle of the pitch where he probably should've dropped right back into the box. Enzo isn't tight enough to Bowen, while Badiashile gets caught ball watching a little bit when he should've moved out to Bowen before the cross came in. While I think it was Reece James being pretty unaware of his back post. 

It was pretty shoddy defending on a whole from several players.

19 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Listen, whatever happens in this game we are going to be ok . Once this teams gels it could be quite something. 

Signs of better things to come for sure, but we're still short of quality at left back, defensive midfield and centre forward. Probably need a better keeper too