Chelsea 0 Real Madrid 2 (0 - 4 on aggregate)

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our UEFA Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg match against Real Madrid at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Tuesday, 18th April 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

2-1 down against Barca, we won 4-2 at the Bridge

3-1 down against Napoli, we won 4-1 at the Bridge

3-1 down against PSG, we won 2-0 at the Bridge

This very fixture last year, with venues reversed, we went 3-0 up after losing 3-1 in the first leg

We've done it before!!! 

Thankyou @CarefreeMuratcan, your positivity is most welcome. COME ON YOU MIGHTY BLUES, let’s stuff ‘em!

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

2-1 down against Barca, we won 4-2 at the Bridge

3-1 down against Napoli, we won 4-1 at the Bridge

3-1 down against PSG, we won 2-0 at the Bridge

This very fixture last year, with venues reversed, we went 3-0 up after losing 3-1 in the first leg

We've done it before!!!

I do love your optimism! I really hope we can somehow get the result we need, but I just don’t see where goals are coming from.

The reward is to play Man City over two legs, that could be horrendous!

• Sad 1

Stop VJ and Benzema and as I said in the first leg.

In fact stop Benzema getting a supply that will come from VJ.

Reece can stop that.Honestly Madrid are very beatable.

Tuchel found a way.I can't see us scoring more than one goal.

I fear we will concede early and that will be that.

15 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Kev, you've lost me. Please explain.

Ok.I've given up on players in any formation or anything else.I have no idea what will happen next to these players and i don't care.

They are just names that I can't be bothered to even try to fathom anymore.

32 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The positive of the Brighton game was not that someone pushed for selection in this but that some showed exactly why they should, at best, be on the bench.

That's a weird positive to take. But I hope that Lamps has now seen he is wasting his time pinning his hopes on Sterling and Pulisic, that - for all their faults - KK and Cucurella alone are not the reason we are rubbish, that he is wrong to play Chalobah at RB, that the whole squad lacks the fitness and sharpness to cope with the sort of high-energy football Brighton have played against us twice this season (and Leeds did at their place, and City will when we meet them in the CL semis ;-) ), and that the players are crying out for a cohesive tactical approach to replace the shambolic constant chop and change we've suffered through all season.

• Agree 1

Expecting less than nothing, so just getting a goal will be a bonus for me at this point. I've no idea what Frank will do for this, do you just go all out and try and attack attack attack or do we try and stay compact and catch them on the break?

Kepa

Chalobah - Silva - Fofana

James - Mount - Enzo - Kante - Cucurella

Mudryk - Felix

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Expecting less than nothing, so just getting a goal will be a bonus for me at this point. I've no idea what Frank will do for this, do you just go all out and try and attack attack attack or do we try and stay compact and catch them on the break?

I'm not expecting to go through, so for me at the very least let's score the first goal (ideally in the first half ,extra ideally in the first 15 minutes) to at least give us some hope, and to at least feel like we are in the game. So at least give us some excitement, let us dream on the night. 

Worst thing for me is we concede first, or the game is 0-0 and we barely lay a glove, so the whole game goes by as a total waste of time formality. 

I think the atmosphere from the crowd will be very very loud and excited, that's what goes us through against Dortmund, so I think we will see a very different game tomorrow night, the atmosphere will affect the players and Madrid will be wary. 

Away at Liverpool they were rattled early on, Liverpool nearly made it 3-0 but for a goal line clearance. If we start like that (like our 2005 game vs Barcelona) we are in for a treat. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I'm not expecting to go through, so for me at the very least let's score the first goal (ideally in the first half ,extra ideally in the first 15 minutes) to at least give us some hope, and to at least feel like we are in the game. So at least give us some excitement, let us dream on the night. 

Worst thing for me is we concede first, or the game is 0-0 and we barely lay a glove, so the whole game goes by as a total waste of time formality. 

I think the atmosphere from the crowd will be very very loud and excited, that's what goes us through against Dortmund, so I think we will see a very different game tomorrow night, the atmosphere will affect the players and Madrid will be wary. 

Away at Liverpool they were rattled early on, Liverpool nearly made it 3-0 but for a goal line clearance. If we start like that (like our 2005 game vs Barcelona) we are in for a treat. 

The thing is, there is no point in doing anything other than go for it. 

Get an early a goal, and it's suddenly game on. 

It's the hope that kills you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

In the interests of everyone's mental health I suggest we don't bother coming back here until a week on Wednesday when the furore will have died down and the slash wounds to our wrists will have healed up a bit.

Man City will be tough, but there will be no need for us slash our wrists over the tie.