Chelsea 4 Brighton & Hove Albion 3

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly match against Brighton at the Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 00.00 hours on Sunday, 23rd July 2023 (Local UK time/date)

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Word on the street is that Todd is looking to make news by agreeing Caicedo's transfer at half time and have him play for Brighton in the first half then change strip and play for us in the second.

He'll get injured in the second half for sure. 

We have a full hour "build up" on my stream,,,,,, certainly a "tell" as to the underlaying motive for this "Competition".!!!

Have to smile at how much of a bummer it must be for the "Interested" parties that Captain America is not available!

Oh now there are two ladies discussing "TEA"....mind boggles.

The worrying bit at the moment having watched us in the last game and this game, apart from some 1-2 football in tight spaces (with a very 5-aside feel to it) we don't seem to have a style or theory behind our passing or movements, it's expected that the players will take a while to gell but we haven't even had a misplaced pass and I've thought 'yeah I can see the idea behind it'; there's just nothing so far.

Can clearly see the difference between the two sides in terms of understanding. Brighton looking more functional and fluid as you'd expect, where as we still look to be finding out feet a little more which has seen our play a bit more stop start.

1 minute ago, Blue Kratos said:

Defensively not clever at the moment.

I hope Mr Cowill knows who signs his cheques 🤣

To be fair, one team has been coached continually for 12 months and have not been slung together recently.  

It'll come.  

Nkunku a few times has been way too static up top, he either needs to come deep for the ball or run in behind, he hasn't got the power to hold off a centreback so if he just stands still it'll be a long season of getting walked through time after time; also it'll give his teammates an idea of where he wants the ball played.