CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

West Ham United 3 Chelsea 1

26 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Jesus. What the f*** does this even mean?  Does the “right profile” include being able to put the ball in the back of the net?

IMG_7697.jpeg

I'm sure those two chancers have a graph they can show you .

And a bridge they can sell you.

26 minutes ago, Gurj SS said:

Looks like it mate, looks like it.

What's more worrying is these comments come after a game where we played pretty much every attacker we have at our disposal.

I’m actually quite worried when I hear Pochettino say we want to bring in a striker, but not one that would impede Broja’s progress! So someone who will play second fiddle to Broja! Have they lost their f***ing minds? Since when has Broja been the answer to our striking problems rather than a kid from the academy who’s done nothing and is coming off the back of a serious injury? It’s just nonsense. 

• Agree 3

I need to let the emotions settle down and it's often a mistake to react in print so soon after such a disappointing game.

Just some thoughts..Sterling...a lot of good accurate compliments but so often a quick break from defence went out to him begging for a continuing momentum only to have him stop dead and as often as not pass it back to where he got the ball from,,frustrates me to heck'

Beyond the game.....I recall with great clarity and pleasure the "morning after" a game going into work knowing I would be walking a gauntlet of windups or strutting my stuff before the assorted real football fans ..two in particular who work close to me and were match going WHam supporters..the sundry other club supporters would soon appear if a Chelsea loss as I would indeed visit them on the good days....very barbed windups both ways but not personal and part of the game without malice and taken/given in the true spirit.

My dismay now is whenever I read "have your say" type "comments" in the media the sheer maliciousness and viciousness of comments aimed at Chelsea with little regard for game opinions is beyond belief.... I have been on this Forum for many years and I know the membership (old/new forum) has always been intelligent, articulate and although squabbles appear basically with respect and appreciation of a view point however opposite to one's view they may be.

Where did that attitude go or is it just the single brain cells that post in the media?

Pretty fair analysis on MotD2. Lots of praise for Moyes's tactics, pointing out how hard they are to play through. Keown pointed out how appalling our form has been over the last year, but Chapman highlighted the changes over the summer and argued that there isn't really any continuity from the Potter/ Lampard days. Townsend and Williams were both pretty positive about how we played.

There was zero analysis of the Jackson offside call, the Soucek encroachment and the missed foul on Gallagher immediately before the corner that led to the first goal.

• Like 1

Got done with the replay moments ago, not too much to really say I suppose. A good first half which we didn't capitalise on enough, then fell right off in the second half with the balance of the side going completely out the window once subs started being made. As expected there's going to be some growing pains, some games more than others. West Ham are always a bitch to play against and don't make it easy, which is fair play to them. 

Hopefully Chukwuemeka isn't out for the season, been a bit critical of him in the past but he was quite bright before going down. For me his best patch of playing time since his arrival and a very tidy goal. 

But yeah, probably good to get a loss like this under our belts early and use it to learn from. Onto the next one,

There seems to be part anger, part bewilderment and part pragmatism from folk after the game - all valid.

First of all bewilderment.It seems we have another Bakayoko in our midst in the shape of Disasi - who thought it was a good idea to sign him?.

He doesn't even have any pedigree - playing for a second rate Monaco team.

If Chabolah is not vastly superior to him then honestly I give up.

It's early days of course,but I'm already seeing this turgid 70+ possession with no real penetration. 

We need an alternative to this slow build up from the back - It doesn't work!.I don't see any other premiership team doing the same thing.

It always looks like we are playing in a constricted space,whereas the opposition seem to have much more room to play.

Anyway it is a mild rant and Poch is only getting his bum warmed in the hot seat,but he is already starting to worry me.

Edited by Michael Tucker
Language.

Still very early days, of course, especially with so many new players (and Poch) - was more hope than expectation that they would all be able to gel in such a short period of time.

Having said that, on the game alone, the second half was very reminiscent of last season; finding ourselves in a pickle and having to chase the game rather than control it, plenty of possession with no real penetration. After a pretty strong last 30 mins of the first half, I expected us to come out blazing and find a way to win the game, but the reverse was true.

Caicedo had a nightmare debut. He barely moved after that sloppy pass which nearly led to a goal, seemed to be in shock more than anything. If he wasn't ready, Poch shouldn't have played him, especially with all the headlines and pressure associated with his price tag. Anything less than an average start for him would only pile on the pressure.

Mudryk is extremely hot and cold and reminds me of Torres when he joined us. Dismal touch, overhit passes, relies too much on pace with zero end product and just looks nothing like a 80 million player. 

Sterling was a bright spot, however, easily one of his best performances in a Chelsea shirt. Hope he keeps it up and the mood in the training camp doesn't disintegrate too quickly.

I'm still hopeful for the season - we need time for things to mesh, and I'm not going to write the team off after 2 games. KTBFFH!!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SideshowLuiz said:

Mudryk is extremely hot and cold and reminds me of Torres when he joined us. Dismal touch, overhit passes, relies too much on pace with zero end product and just looks nothing like a 80 million player. 

He looked briefly hot as a substitution in he his first game.

Since then he has looked like a player that is not used to playing with a round ball.

It's a shame really.A speed merchant that looks much worse than Werner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

He looked briefly hot as a substitution in he his first game.

Since then he has looked like a player that is not used to playing with a round ball.

It's a shame really.A speed merchant that looks much worse than Werner.

Excellent post.

Mudryk had a promising 20 min debut at Anfield but has been a disaster ever since.

I'm convinced he'd already be out on loan if he was bought for half the fee, but the club is simply too embarrassed to make the right decision so the charade continues.

The really frustrating thing is we're selling Hall, somebody who at the age of 18 already plays football at a level that is simply beyond Mudryk's capabilities.

9 hours ago, DannyLB said:

There will be more growing pains like this match. I say this being fully aware I lost my shit during the match. Once emotions subside, I realize we still have some ways to go but the pieces are there. 

Inexperienced new players, new manager, new system, key injuries, London Stadium. Perfect storm.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Excellent post.

Mudryk had a promising 20 min debut at Anfield but has been a disaster ever since.

I'm convinced he'd already be out on loan if he was bought for half the fee, but the club is simply too embarrassed to make the right decision so the charade continues.

The really frustrating thing is we're selling Hall, somebody who at the age of 18 already plays football at a level that is simply beyond Mudryk's capabilities.

I would love to ask Poch why he doesn't rate Chabolah compared to Disasi.

It could be an experimentation faze and getting to know players - but imo Chabolah is as good as anyone we have paid a fortune for.

The other thing that worries is people are saying we missed Nkunku.That could be the case,but we have spent so much money on players that Nkunku's absence should not have such an impact - it is clutching at straws imo for a lousy performance.

8 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

All of a sudden Kepa doesn't seem so bad. Moral of the story, be careful what you wish for.

But where did Sanchez come from?and why did Kepa get the boot so quickly?

It's as if we are playing with monopoly  money.

20 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Inexperienced new players, new manager, new system, key injuries, London Stadium. Perfect storm.

Allegedly unmotivated players who downed tools and were a walking disaster, and were shown the exit door this summer managed a draw at the same venue, and probably a win if it were not for VAR and handball

It is a funny old game

37 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Allegedly unmotivated players who downed tools and were a walking disaster, and were shown the exit door this summer managed a draw at the same venue, and probably a win if it were not for VAR and handball

It is a funny old game

I don't think it's alleged at all. Have you seen SFL's podcast with Steven Bartlett?

37 minutes ago, ROTG said:

It is a funny old game

What does this even mean! We score the penalty and we win that game, I think everyone can see that.So what is the point in posts like this? Nothing constructive about it, and believe me nothing smart or wise, despite your attempts to come off as some wise old sage who can see situations that no one else can.

Did anyone think the pitch looked a bit dry out there yesterday? This is clearly not an excuses as we played the best football, but I also thought it did slow out passing down on occasions. I noticed it quite early and wondered if the grass was a little longer at first, but I don't think that was the case. It was maybe a little under-watered on a warm day. 

It certainly didn't affect the result, but I think it maybe contributed to slowing our play down on occasions and some under hit passes.

8 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

What does this even mean! We score the penalty and we win that game, I think everyone can see that.So what is the point in posts like this? Nothing constructive about it, and believe me nothing smart or wise, despite your attempts to come off as some wise old sage who can see situations that no one else can.

It's an atheist response from a man of the cloth?

15 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Ouch! 

27 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

What does this even mean! We score the penalty and we win that game,

The £107m pound investment missed the penalty and the team lost.

Also the team has 20 minutes "26 including added time" to get an equaliser against 10 men and failed, and to make things worst £115m investment "who had not played a competitive game for 60 days " concedes a penalty for a vey rash challenge, which if you had been paying attention would have noted, others on this forum have mention rash tackles as one of his achilles heels. 

I am sure on Friday at 10 PM all the failures of yesterday you will have forgotten.

44 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

believe me nothing smart or wise, despite your attempts to come off as some wise old sage who can see situations that no one else can.

I am not smart, wise or Mystic Meg, just quote facts,  I leave all that smart stuff like data analysis and predictions to people like you.

Toodles