West Ham United 3 Chelsea 1

ABS (Anyone But Sterling)

He may have had a decent game last time out but he remains entirely ineffective in the final third. I feel he is hampering the development of younger players, especially as he provides no leadership whatsoever on the pitch. If he is to play maybe he should be made Chilwell's deputy so that when Ben inevitably get's injured the responsibility of the captaincy might jolt something out of him.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

He may have had a decent game last time out but he remains entirely ineffective in the final third. I feel he is hampering the development of younger players, especially as he provides no leadership whatsoever on the pitch. If he is to play maybe he should be made Chilwell's deputy so that when Ben inevitably get's injured the responsibility of the captaincy might jolt something out of him.

Hmm..the Chelsea triumverate....ABS...ABC...ACL!

6 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Agreed. No idea why we couldn't ditch Pigeon Boy this window and get 30m for him. Probably his exorbitant wages but he's fucking atrocious.

No Paqueta this weekend? 

Unlike Toney, the allegation against him is of spot fixing which is a criminal offence. Specifically getting a yellow card at a specific point in a specific match and having friends take out accounts that day and place maximum bets on said occurrence. 

If you've seen the challenge it's the most obvious deliberate yellow possible.

Horrible timing for him with city almost agreeing a deal. Would have doubled his wages... As it is.... 

4 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If they play Ward-Prowse, I expect their players will be looking for freekicks around the penalty area.

Agreed, we have to be mindful of that. 

I just hope we keep the level up from the second half against Liverpool again and actually score the goals we should be scoring. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ham said:

No Paqueta this weekend? 

Unlike Toney, the allegation against him is of spot fixing which is a criminal offence. Specifically getting a yellow card at a specific point in a specific match and having friends take out accounts that day and place maximum bets on said occurrence. 

If you've seen the challenge it's the most obvious deliberate yellow possible.

Horrible timing for him with city almost agreeing a deal. Would have doubled his wages... As it is.... 

This is appalling. These players are making so much money already, the greed is sickening. I actually think that offences like these should be punished by lifetime bans. Honestly, I really do. If not by FIFA (they are unlikely to care) but definitely by UEFA. 

He’s have to go back to South America or the US/Middle East/Australia/Asia to play out his last days. 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

This is appalling. These players are making so much money already, the greed is sickening. I actually think that offences like these should be punished by lifetime bans. Honestly, I really do. If not by FIFA (they are unlikely to care) but definitely by UEFA. 

He’s have to go back to South America or the US/Middle East/Australia/Asia to play out his last days. 

Well Toney got a 9 month ban for betting on games he wasn't even involved in. Spot fixing will interest the Police. 

32 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Throw him to the wolves I say. Let them rip him to pieces. 

Apparently, we are monitoring his training with a view to buy once his ban is done  which in my mind is ridiculous , not even from the betting angle but from a footballing one , he's so overrated it's untrue.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently, we are monitoring his training with a view to buy once his ban is done  which in my mind is ridiculous , not even from the betting angle but from a footballing one , he's so overrated it's untrue.

I thought he could not train with Brentford until mid September?

Unlikely to be how we start, but I'd like to see this line-up

I think it's a little too early for Lavia to start, but may see him come off the bench, and bar the first half hour against Liverpool (where no Chelsea player covered themselves in glory) Gallagher did OK and doesn't deserve to be dropped, especially as this line-up means he can do his box-to-box stuff.  Disasi starts ahead of Silva as his height will be valuable against West Ham's taller players at corners & free kicks

Sanchez

Gusto                     Disasi                  Colwill                   Chilwell (C)

Caicedo             Gallagher              Enzo

Sterling                             Jackson                               Mudryk

Edited by Bob Singleton
Typo
  • Agree 1

Won't be able to watch this one live as it's like a 1:30am kick-off here and I've gotta be up early in the morning, so full-match replay it will be once I am home. 

Excited to see how we'll do with I imagine Caicedo and Lavia both likely to feature at some point, if not start.

On 19/08/2023 at 10:04, Sciatika said:

If they play Ward-Prowse, I expect their players will be looking for freekicks around the penalty area.

Well at least we will not have worry about Kepa not getting anywhere near them.i still have nightmares about that near post effort he watched sail into the net a few seasons back at West Ham.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

Well at least we will not have worry about Kepa not getting anywhere near them.i still have nightmares about that near post effort he watched sail into the net a few seasons back at West Ham.

This one is guaranteed to come back and bite you on the ass. Sanchez is the most immobile lump with the mobility of Steven Hawking, he's taller but that's his sole advantage over Kepa. 

46 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

Maybe we could play two goalkeepers like they did last time against us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

This one is guaranteed to come back and bite you on the ass. Sanchez is the most immobile lump with the mobility of Steven Hawking, he's taller but that's his sole advantage over Kepa. 

The mobility of Steven Hawking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

The mobility of Steven Hawking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I kid you not, watch his movement across the goal line, lumbering is the adjective.