West Ham United 3 Chelsea 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I see Paquetá starts for West Ham in spite of the illegal betting investigation

Always going to happen, Moyes is a worm he's probably got £100 on Paquetta to get substituted at a given time. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Agree 1

Disapointed in the lineup, it can be dressed up in any formation Poch wants; that's 5 DFs, 3 CMs, 1 WG, 1CF.

If Chilly is trusted more as a LW than Mudryk, then Mudryk must be beyond rubbish (not because Chilly is a rubbish player, but he's nothing more than a LB who can get forward), or Colwill needs protection, either way something just isn't right. We've had a few seasons now of certain systems and players sititng out because we had to carry players, and nothing has changed. I don't mind us playing 3 CBs, but then play real WBs and not fullbacks pretending to be wingers in attack; or play wingers backed up by CBs who can cut across to cover them.

I know it's early days but at least be brave and implement something worth changing the whole club setup for, we could have spent our money on buying real wingbacks and more strikers if we were going with a 532 system. If we're not sticking with 532, then by the time we change expect our wingers to not be settled for another season.

Just now, Holymoly said:

You could argue that it is a holding operation until they run out of legs then we bring on the speed.

That's quite a sad state to be in after chopping and changing so many players, by now we should be able to take the game to the likes of West Ham; because otherwise nothing has really changed.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Gurj SS said:

That's quite a sad state to be in after chopping and changing so many players, by now we should be able to take the game to the likes of West Ham; because otherwise nothing has really changed.

That's what I was thinking.

Looks to me like Pouch doesn't have a lot of faith in the team scoring many goals so is prepared to play it tight. Trouble is, in this era,  playing it safe won't get any team very far in the Premier League.