Chelsea 0 Nottingham Forest 1

JaneB

Really funny how we always end up with a negative manager and dire football. The more things change the more they stay the same. Chilwell left wing is the quintessential negative Chelsea manager decision making. 

Looking forward to the the international break.

• Agree 1

Can we start to give Caicedo the respect he deserves? The guy is an absolute machine - what a first half from him! He can do things on the pitch that noone else can, why I always had him above Rice as he is simply a better player all round. 115 million is no bother at all - he's worth it twice over.

Thought we were really bright first half. Our patterns of play are so much better than in years. We are so much more direct. Credit Poch!

With a couple of the right substitutions we should win this game and go home happy.

• Agree 2

Just now, xceleryx said:

And then some.

You know things are grim when old mates like these are being promoted from the football league. 

I was reading the online thread at Reddit and practically every other post is sack the ref. 

Mind you the other posts are complaints about Silva. 

7 minutes ago, chara said:

So the ref finally"got" Conor! been letting him get kicked all game..(mind you Conor's not mild!)

Ref’s not been good but he deserves the booking. Unfortunately his earlier foul when he had to bail out Silva played into it. 

• Agree 1

Extremely unimpressed with this referee. Completely inconsistent with bookings, and I count 3 to 4 occasions where they've made basic errors about who's throw-in or corner it is. Given the yellow cards, I'm slightly concerned he's going to inconsistently send one of our players off.

That said, we've been a bit blunt. There have been some good moments with progressive passes through to Sterling, but we've barely tested Turner. 

I'd be surprised if we don't see Palmer and Madueke at some stage. Possibly even Mudryk.

• Agree 1

Gotta credit Forest for making life hard. They're pretty solidly organised, getting men behind the ball, and are certainly maximising the incompetent officiating. 

As has been the case for us so far this season we're missing that clinical execution in the final third when chances do arise. 

Can see a couple early changes after HT if things haven't changed.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Mind you the other posts are complaints about Silva. 

They’re legitimate. He’s not been his standard. I’m also convinced he’s the reason (outside of course of manager choice) that we’re playing 3ATB and there are certain matches that don’t require it. Ok to start like this but adjust as needed. 

• Agree 1

RE: Rice vs. Caicedo.

Caicedo can win back balls and make progressive runs in tight areas because he is so f'in agile.

That run back and tackle from nowhere, that slaloming run to win the free kick.

Rice is not agile at all. He is driving and powerful when there is space in front of him.

I would be getting Caicedo on the back on my shirt tomorrow if I wasn't so god damn white.

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

There are plenty of games we have played like this first half under Jose, etc.

I don't agree that our football was terrible or slow. Forest played well.

We just need to get the win. We look so much better than in recent years IMO.

We tend to blame Chelsea and not give the opposition credit for trying their best!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Chilwell to LB in a 4.  

Mudryk on to give Aurier something to worry about. 

Palmer on at 60 mins for Sterling 

Sterling off? Come off it Ham Sandwich.

He may frustrate at times but he is our best attacker by far.

Can't take him off IMO and thought he was good first half.

• Like 1

Just now, Max Fowler said:

RE: Rice vs. Caicedo.

Caicedo can win back balls and make progressive runs in tight areas because he is so f'in agile.

That run back and tackle from nowhere, that slaloming run to win the free kick.

Rice is not agile at all. He is driving and powerful when there is space in front of him.

I would be getting Caicedo on the back on my shirt tomorrow if I wasn't so god damn white.

Found an extremely good deal on ebay for the new  kit with his name and number on the back. Will turn out a wise purchase I feel. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Sterling off? Come off it Ham Sandwich.

He may frustrate at times but he is our best attacker by far.

Can't take him off IMO and thought he was good first half.

Not saying he's played badly at all. Just a different kind of goal threat for 30 mins. 

• Like 1