Chelsea 0 Nottingham Forest 1

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Nottingham Forest at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 2nd September 2023 (Local UK time/date)

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Curious as to why no Chilwell? He will play, if fit, no doubt. 

A combination of nervousness about Chilwell starting too often with his record and being desperate to see Maatsen playing in his preferred position. 

If Poch persists with playing Chilwell as a LW/LM, Maatsen at LB in a back 4 is a no brainer for me. 

Colwill sending Maatsen down the wing with Maatsen's goal threat and eye for a killer pass excites me. 

49 minutes ago, Ham said:

A combination of nervousness about Chilwell starting too often with his record and being desperate to see Maatsen playing in his preferred position. 

If Poch persists with playing Chilwell as a LW/LM, Maatsen at LB in a back 4 is a no brainer for me. 

Colwill sending Maatsen down the wing with Maatsen's goal threat and eye for a killer pass excites me. 

Maatsen now linked with a loan to Burnley!

Rather we shift the hair to United. Tomorrow's team will be telling.

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Maatsen now linked with a loan to Burnley!

Rather we shift the hair to United. Tomorrow's team will be telling.

There's only one single source for that Maatsen story and it makes zero sense in the face of everything else. 

Edited by Ham

We need to remember that "being linked to" just means that either an agent is stirring the pot or, more likely, a blogger has connected some unrelated gossip by making up something so absurd that even the agent would be embarrassed to suggest it.

• Agree 1

I won't be around for this one, but it really is one we should be winning fairly comfortably. It would be nice to go into the international break (urgh, a break for internationals already!) on the back of a few wins. I think Colwill may be rested as a precaution, but will no doubt then be played to death by Southgate for England!

Sanchez

Gusto - Disasi - Silva - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo - Enzo

Sterling - Jackson - Madueke

Underestimate Forest at your peril. Should have won at Old Trafford (and would have with an objective ref). Strongest possible team for this one which means;

Sanchez

Gusto - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo

Sterling - Enzo - Madueke

Jackson

3 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Underestimate Forest at your peril. Should have won at Old Trafford (and would have with an objective ref). Strongest possible team for this one which means;

Sanchez

Gusto - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo

Sterling - Enzo - Madueke

Jackson

Agree but is Colwill fit?

I see the game as a small indicator of how we may have moved on since last season. 

Couldn’t beat them last season and were decidedly worse than them in the draw at their place. 

They looked to have improved their performances away from home, albeit still not picking up any points, but from the two places they’ve played at this season it was probably expected.

When i first watched their centre-forward I thought he’s ordinary, but with time he’s greatly improved and wouldn’t have been a bad purchase if we’d have wanted an alternative to Nico Jackson.

Should be an entertaining watch.

1 hour ago, east lower said:

I see the game as a small indicator of how we may have moved on since last season. 

Couldn’t beat them last season and were decidedly worse than them in the draw at their place. 

They looked to have improved their performances away from home, albeit still not picking up any points, but from the two places they’ve played at this season it was probably expected.

When i first watched their centre-forward I thought he’s ordinary, but with time he’s greatly improved and wouldn’t have been a bad purchase if we’d have wanted an alternative to Nico Jackson.

Should be an entertaining watch.

Wonder if CHO will come back to say goodbye?

Edited by ROTG