JaneB

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Brighton win

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Red all day long.  The push was even earlier and so Mudryk had plenty of space and time.  This was phase 3 of the foul by Milner. 

This is a more accurate still of the first contact.

Goalkeeper gets their first? behave. 

Capture.PNG

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

A combination of money, Abramovich and Mourinho rubbing it in everyone's faces made us the most hated team on these shores. That's not just by opposition fans but, also by ohe officials. Graham Poll jokes about it now in his talks.

Nothing bad changed as far as I can tell. We still get more yellows when the other team has made upteen more fouls. The little fouls that are seen over 90mins that don't go our way but, the slight shoulder to shoulders that do if we foul.. The added mins if the other team need a goal or, less if we do.

There is an agenda and I don't see it going away any time soon. The only thing now, is that VAR on some occasions can't be argued about and therefore, we do get those decisions. Milner was a red all day long - still can't fathom how they managed to conclude otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Capture.PNG

Better to see the full video. It’s a penalty. Let’s not get our knickers in a twist. It’s not Stonewall Penalty of the Year 23/24 presented by Refs Against Chelsea.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Thank you @Bert19

The club actually just posted about it, so there's a couple of images and we've been told we'll be sent a few more photos soon. I didn't take my own pictures with the players as we had the club photographer there with us. I have a couple of pitchside photos and videos but they might not be as interesting. I've a couple of Billy Gilmour being interviewed but they're not that clear.

I am in the top left photo (Second row, middle, with black hair, grinning like I've never grinned before), with Connor Gallagher. That was taken a few moments after a brief chat about the red card. He looks happy there, so if he responds well on the pitch, we're taking full credit obviously 🤭 

For context, I'm Vice Chair of Chelsea Pride, the LGBTQ+ supporters group. We're lucky to have a good relationship with the club that's taken quite a while to build. Full credit to our Chair tbh who is an absolute machine in terms of her activism. We spent some time planning this particular event with them, and we managed to organise a surprise for our members with a chance to meet the players at the end. I'm honestly forever grateful to the club for kindly letting us.

Special mention to Djordje Petrovic who was super nice and very funny.

Regarding the game, agree with you completely that something is off with game-management, and my sense is the players and coaches are aware.  Fortunately it didn't cost us in this game but it has previously and could again if it isn't addressed. I can only assume it'll improve over time.

Thanks for sharing this. Really glad you feel supported by the club and that's awesome about Connor & Petrovic! 🌈

• Love 1

I'm not sure if it's posted yet but apparently "VAR rules mean that action restarts from a drop ball after a reversed VAR call, and not a continuation in play from where the action stopped. " This is why Pawson did the drop ball at the end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well, yes, especially 2 minutes before half time, on the halfway line when there is no danger.

That's an even more high risk strategy than the tackling itself; if you're just on a wing and a prayer that the ref wont book you a second time

Edit - the second yellow was as clear cut a yellow as you'll ever see. 

My exact point is it isn't "just a wing and a prayer". It's an odds call. Even sure thing bets do not pay off every time.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Better to see the full video. It’s a penalty. Let’s not get our knickers in a twist. It’s not Stonewall Penalty of the Year 23/24 presented by Refs Against Chelsea.

Push or no push the keeper gets there first.  Not that the question matters for a pen.  It only matters for those claiming a Red card.
Pen, not a Red.

The commentator confuses teh issue by claiming it is about the legs not the push.  It is a clear one handed push.  Not a shoulder charge, not a coming together, but a push.  That is the pen.  The legs are irrelevant.

12 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Push or no push the keeper gets there first.  Not that the question matters for a pen.  It only matters for those claiming a Red card.
Pen, not a Red.

The commentator confuses teh issue by claiming it is about the legs not the push.  It is a clear one handed push.  Not a shoulder charge, not a coming together, but a push.  That is the pen.  The legs are irrelevant.

They aren't if you don't consider the push a foul, which was the view expressed by Ekoku, Mustoe, Howard, Burley, Jenas and Warnock. The legs are what bring Mudryk to the floor, but the TV pundits all saw the leg contact/ trip as merely a "coming together", rather than the blatant foul any objective viewer can see.

Edited by Backbiter

18 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

They aren't if you don't consider the push a foul, which was the view expressed by Ekoku, Mustoe, Howard, Burley, Jenas and Warnock. The legs are what bring Mudryk to the floor, but the TV pundits all saw the leg contact/ trip as merely a "coming together", rather than the blatant foul any objective viewer can see.

And how could Jenas be objective? After all his first girlfriend was called Chelsea. Warnock meanwhile used to visit Brighton beach as a boy, so had a soft spot for the Seagulls. Because any opinion outside of the One Blue opinion is the football deep state working its magic again. We have held onto the laudible "whole world is against us" winning mentality under JM but are now Q Anon salesmen handing out leaflets about how the referees committee is secretly run by lizard people and the Tory government.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

I'll back my judgement over Ekoku, Mustoe, Howard, Burley, Jenas and Warnock any day.

It was a push, the leg contact afterwards is irrelevant IMJ.

46 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

We have held onto the laudible "whole world is against us" winning mentality under JM but are now Q Anon salesmen handing out leaflets about how the referees committee is secretly run by lizard people and the Tory government.

No I don't think that explains it.  Rather the media having killed the golden goose of outrageous decisions has tried replacing it with deep nit-picking about marginal decisions because they still have to demonstrate that they are smarter than refs and TV viewers can only see the real story as interpreted by them.

We are being set up.

18 hours ago, kev61 said:

Mudryk is getting a lot of stick that should be levelled at the coaching staff.He is a player that thrives on space.

It could be that he is ignoring instructions.Just tell him to stay out wide.He could give the full back 10 yards and still beat him to the ball - that is a massive advantage.

Either he is incredibly  thick or he is not coached properly.

Or both ?

4 hours ago, ShedMiddle said:

A combination of money, Abramovich and Mourinho rubbing it in everyone's faces made us the most hated team on these shores. That's not just by opposition fans but, also by ohe officials. Graham Poll jokes about it now in his talks.

Nothing bad changed as far as I can tell. We still get more yellows when the other team has made upteen more fouls. The little fouls that are seen over 90mins that don't go our way but, the slight shoulder to shoulders that do if we foul.. The added mins if the other team need a goal or, less if we do.

There is an agenda and I don't see it going away any time soon. The only thing now, is that VAR on some occasions can't be argued about and therefore, we do get those decisions. Milner was a red all day long - still can't fathom how they managed to conclude otherwise.

I’ve just copied the following from an article relating to our disciplinary record this season, at least we’re top of the league at something:

“The Blues have 47 yellow cards in 14 games. That’s 5 clear of the next team on the list.

Then they have 3 red cards, putting them joint second in the league.”

Now, is that a result of an agenda or is that a result of poor discipline? 

@Dwmh

Absolutely right ....but IF the push,,blatent... was not enough Milner takes the legs as another penalty offence...the question of the  keeper getting to the ball first is irrelevant. No push and the odds change for the keeper winning the race.

28 minutes ago, chara said:

@Dwmh

Absolutely right ....but IF the push,,blatent... was not enough Milner takes the legs as another penalty offence...the question of the  keeper getting to the ball first is irrelevant. No push and the odds change for the keeper winning the race.

Who cares. 
A penalty was awarded and helped the team get 3 points. 
I would be more concerned about the overall performance and it was another game without a goal from open play. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Who cares. 
I would be more concerned about the overall performance and it was another game without a goal from open play. 

Well..I care...it's a totally separate issue from the overall team performance.

The point and enjoyment  of any Forum is the discussion of issues raised...if it was just about ..good..we won..or bad ..we lost we can just look at the results on line.

The two penalty "issues" were important turning points in the game. Debatable points surely?

The Chelsea goals were well earned and fought for and the penalty was justified.

The performance question has been well covered elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Who cares. 

one can look at it in different ways.
We scored 2 set pieces - and it looked like a plan.  Not seen that since the days when Zouma nodded one in from Chilwell and they had the genius idea of repeating the trick for 3 months (until the oppo teams worked it out and it no longer worked).

We conceded 2 great goals, both of which could be described as brillian finishes or lucky - certainly I wouldn't expect either to go in often.  (Understat xG for those chances was 0.14 and 0.07).  H2 they had a lot of possession and a lot of shots but very few good chances.
Given that we are 12-11 over our past 4 games, I'm much more relieved about the defensive play than the lack of goals.

Another good point was the spirit.  So often we have not risen to the challenge of going down a goal.  In this game we did at least respond to losing a player.  That was certainly good.

But one can also point the the Brighton team being full of kids, and mostly non-regular kids.

2x 18yo and 2x 19 yo with 2, 3, 4 & 9 starts this season respectively.
a 21 yo, a 22 yo a 23 yo anda 35 yo too.
Of the guys with 7 or more starts this season, Dunk, March, Gross, Mitoma, Wellbeck did not start, only 2 did.

Mixed

image.thumb.png.0908b6c06a913cd6b916bd4083b1468a.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chara said:

Or both ?

We're a club that's always poorly utilised players that are quick and thrive on getting in behind, so maybe it's neither?

Maybe it's the surrounding players not having the vision or passing abilities to constantly supply the sort of delivery required. Ironically, the only time we sort of did well in this area was when we had Fabregas pulling the strings.