Chelsea 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 2

JaneB

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Brighton win

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton & Hove Albion at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:00 hours on Sunday, 3rd December 2023 (Local UK time/date) 

It's going to be fine, worse case scenario from  a nasty run of 4 games we emerge with 4 points which is perhaps more than some expected.  I think we will give Brighton a game, they will miss Dunk at the back  and we could have Nkunku available to pester their back line. Oh and i am going which is usually a good sign...i have a habit of not seeing us lose very often.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm now back to dreading our matches and after recent performances against Brighton, this could be really bad. Changes needed due to suspension. Let's hope Nkunku makes the bench. 

Sanchez

Gusto - Disasi - Silva - Colwill

Gallagher - Caicedo - Enzo

Palmer - Broja - Sterling

Pretty much how I'd line us up given our options. 

The one possibly adjustment I'd seriously consider however would be upfront. Rather than bringing Broja in, I'd entertain shifting either Sterling or Palmer into the middle and getting Mudryk into the team out wide. Sort of how we played in one of our other games this season, which I can't seem to recall right now. Mudryk tends to look more comfortable starting than coming off the bench, and then it still leaves us with options upfront should we choose to make adjustments later. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm now back to dreading our matches and after recent performances against Brighton, this could be really bad. Changes needed due to suspension. Let's hope Nkunku makes the bench. 

Sanchez

Gusto might still be injured

41 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Mudryk tends to look more comfortable starting than coming off the bench, and then it still leaves us with options upfront should we choose to make adjustments later. 

... when the week's training has been about playing to his strengths.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sanchez

I would drop Silva. I just feel his time is done. I’d put Benoit Badass Badashile in there. Solid player, absolute unit. Really like the look of him. 

Still unsure of Colwill at LB but with no Chilly B or Cucurella we have no choice. 

So we’ve no James and possibly no Gusto, therefore some makeshift effort at right-back against Mitoma - sounds fun to watch. 

Heart hopes for a win, head says loss. If we could get some of the ball and pressure them, then with no Dunk we might just get at them a bit. They do concede goals, if we are to beat them we’ll need at least 3.

38 minutes ago, east lower said:

So we’ve no James and possibly no Gusto, therefore some makeshift effort at right-back against Mitoma - sounds fun to watch. 

Heart hopes for a win, head says loss. If we could get some of the ball and pressure them, then with no Dunk we might just get at them a bit. They do concede goals, if we are to beat them we’ll need at least 3.

It’s no more than Brighton A vs Brighton B one will get the bragging rights for the next 6 months.

25 minutes ago, charlie_sw6 said:

If Gusto's injured I'd play Disasi at RB as he's played there a couple of times, then Silva and Benoit at CB and Colwill at LB.

I don't think we have many alternatives but Disasi is super-slow when he has to twist and turn.   Good player, but putting him up against Mitoma will really highlight his weaknesses and he could get turned inside out. 

The prospect of him or Cucurella at RB is not a great one.  I'd play a semi-fit Gusto personally. 

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Another reason why Poch should try highlighting the way our games are officiated  most of the cards were for dissent as the players lost their heads with it. 

No - another reason to wonder how Poch got employed after being out of a job for 24 of the last 42 months.
It isn't as though the clamp down on dissent wasn't clearly announced in advance.
He isn't managing the team.

• Like 1