JaneB

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Brighton win

25 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Brighton have a lot of injuries. If we lose, I think Poch is a dead man walking. After the double training sessions and Brighton playing on Thursday - a bad performance and I won’t believe Poch can get a tune out of these players any more. He may be the most qualified but he also may not be the right man to get the best out of our squad right now. A big win is also possible and could also say a lot for Poch. We should be expecting to win.

we wont have a much better time to play them. they have injuries, Dunk suspended, and travelled to Greece for a Thursday night game.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I was a loud proclaimer at the time that Grant was always a supply teacher, not permanent.  Indeed with JM threatening to fly off the handle weekly, that was the purpose he was brought in for, the little yellow replacement tyre some have in their car.  The difference between him and Hiddink was that Hiddink didn't need bigging up to the players.

Lampard aside I mostly agree with your assessments. 

Hearing Mikel (Malouda episode of his podcast) talk about Grant was hilarious. I really do wonder how we came so close to glory in Moscow.

17 hours ago, ROTG said:

Agree with about Potter however you always dodge the recruitment part, January was a Joke and ultimately killed off the poor season

We were 8th before the January window opened with a record of 7 wins, 3 draws, and 5 losses for a total of 24 points. Scoring 19 goals and having conceded 17 in the process. Granted it was better than the second half of the season by a country mile where we'd have finished 17th, it's not as if things were rosy prior.

Of our January signings only five really had  first team roles - Enzo, Badiashile, Mudryk, Madueke and the loan of Joao Felix. 

• Enzo had 18 appearances and essentially replaced Jorginho in the team.
  • Badiashile made 11 appearances and was in and out of the team, including only featuring in 3 of the last 11 games. 
  • Mudryk featured 15 times after joining, primarily off the bench and only amassed just over 650 minutes. 
  • Madueke had 12 appearances, with virtually the bulk of his 650ish minutes coming in the final 6 matches of the season. Had barely played up until that point through either selection and injury.
  • Joao Felix featured 16 times for nearly 1000 minutes.

Saying our January killed off our season is a little misconstrued, of those that did sign only Enzo and Joao Felix really had regular roles within the team. The rest were sporadic players that barely had influence one way or another.  More responsibility lays at the feet of those who were already at the club prior, particularly with some of those who'd been here for years like Kova, Mount, etc and looked downright disinterested. 

Trying to predict the result of this game  is like trying to predict the weather in the UK.

We simply haven't seen enough of the players we have to make a judgement.We haven't had a remotely settled team because of injuries,but more importantly a clueless manager.

I accept I'm beginning to sound like a cracked record but god only knows what the result will be with this guy in charge.

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Trying to predict the result of this game  is like trying to predict the weather in the UK.

We simply haven't seen enough of the players we have to make a judgement.We haven't had a remotely settled team because of injuries,but more importantly a clueless manager.

I accept I'm beginning to sound like a cracked record but god only knows what the result will be with this guy in charge.

Actually, I'm watching WBA-Leicester live on TV now and I feel we would struggle a lot to beat either of them with our current form/play/Manager. 

However, the optimist in me tells me to be patient.........

53 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Actually, I'm watching WBA-Leicester live on TV now and I feel we would struggle a lot to beat either of them with our current form/play/Manager. 

However, the optimist in me tells me to be patient.........

I'd imagine they're both a bit too physical for us and have some tall players so Poch would want to have what he holds and hope 38 points is enough to get into the playoffs. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Nico Jackson has been livestreamed asking an OnlyFans model for nudes. It's a bit of a nothingburger, but we don't half look like an undisciplined mob of kids at the moment.

Isn't that like asking a hairdresser for a haircut? 

Being an "Only fans model" is equivalent to being a "Call of duty soldier" 

Edited by Mark Kelly

32 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I think it is supposed to be Astrid Wett. She is the one on the left.

image.png.97b91f81907d2dae058b3dfcdb219028.png

Can you imagine what Pochettino's Only Fans would be like? 

"I've been a naughty boy to the refs punish me" 

Watch me squirm when I see a "tall" player. 

Watch me crumble when I go "behind" 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Nico Jackson has been livestreamed asking an OnlyFans model for nudes. It's a bit of a nothingburger, but we don't half look like an undisciplined mob of kids at the moment.

"Nico Jackson, who had only just become a father, was recorded asking Astrid Wett for nudes".

He was forced to correct the masses this morning by making it clear that he has no children and that a baby he was pictured holding recently wasn't his.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never thought  I would see us as underdogs  against Brighton at home,but then again I never thought  the Berlin wall would come down in my lifetime.

Unless we have a good run until xmas I expect Poch gone in the new year.

I just don’t know what to expect anymore. We’ll probably play alright in glimpses, we’ll definitely struggle to score and we’ll no doubt gift them a handful of chances that they’ll take. Turns out I do know what to expect and it’s a bit crap.

If we lose with a bad performance today then I’ll start to lose faith that Poch is the man for this job.

Mid table mediocrity is rubbish, especially when we’re not even a cup team!

Genuinely though, I’m so fed up of our inability to score now, I do not understand how one club can struggle so much for so long to do the most important part of the sport they play.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

I never thought  I would see us as underdogs  against Brighton at home,but then again I never thought  the Berlin wall would come down in my lifetime.

Unless we have a good run until xmas I expect Poch gone in the new year.

Are we underdogs?

We've been slowly conditioned to accept substandard performances, but truthfully we should be winning this today. 

We're at home against a side who played in Europe in the week, has several injuries and probably for those reasons aren't really on it in the league this season.

Even if you put those reasons aside (and the fact we could do with a couple of reinforcements in attack), we should be getting more out of this current squad than 40-50 points a season.

If we come away from this without a win, and worse, put on a poor showing, then we really have to ask questions of Pochettino and how the club is being run as a whole. 

GAHSUk4WYAAir62?format=jpg&name=small

9 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Not a good time to be a Chelsea fan living in Brighton.

I spent most of this year living in Hove. It was miserable.

They get as much enjoyment watching us fail as they do from them succeeding. I wouldn't even be surprised if some of the seagulls had learnt how to say Chelsh*t.