JaneB

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Sheffield United win

8 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Can't believe Nkunku is possibly going to play!!! 

Yeah, i’m looking forward to seeing him play, I just have concerns about the expectations so many have already put on him. With our previous luck with strikers/attacking players, I’m not allowing myself to get too excited at all.

Unfortunately for him, the next few games will go one of two ways… he gets a goal or 2 and the expectations sky rocket and he’ll never be able to live up to them, or he won’t score and the pressure will blow way out of proportion. Does he have the mentality to deal with either scenario? I’ve no idea.

The 3rd and most Chelsea outcome is, he comes off the bench, scores a screamer and then gets injured for another 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, Bones said:

image.thumb.png.edbf106297e3402617b45fdcfae7b67b.pngHow cool are the squad numbers!! Nice 🙂 1 sub 😄😄 😄 

A work colleague of mine (also a Blue!) was bemoaning the trend of modern shirt numbers being all over the shop. I tend to agree, the honour of a bench player/academy player is to earn the right to wear the positional shirt, to follow the legacy of the legends that have come before.

• Agree 1

These days they tend to want to own their shirt numbers from one club to the next. I am not sure when it started. I think there is still kudos to 1 and 9 (or its variants 18, 19, etc).

My avatar is ready for this game.

Edited by Sciatika

17 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Referee: Andy Madley

VAR: Peter Bankes

Maddely is not only a very poor example of a referee, sadly most of them are now far worse generally than 5-10 years ago. But he also give us absolutely nowt, 50/50's go opposition way too many times etc. 

Might be a frustrating time for all of a Chelsea bias.

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, i’m looking forward to seeing him play, I just have concerns about the expectations so many have already put on him. With our previous luck with strikers/attacking players, I’m not allowing myself to get too excited at all.

Unfortunately for him, the next few games will go one of two ways… he gets a goal or 2 and the expectations sky rocket and he’ll never be able to live up to them, or he won’t score and the pressure will blow way out of proportion. Does he have the mentality to deal with either scenario? I’ve no idea.

The 3rd and most Chelsea outcome is, he comes off the bench, scores a screamer and then gets injured for another 6 months.

You can bet that POS coach of theirs is already instructing his centre halves to go through the back of him / leave one on him/ let him know you're there .

If we get through this without a bloody massacre of our players it'll be a Christmas miracle.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Who, from our entire squad, are the low block beaters?

When we didn't have pace in recent years we couldn't break down the low block. Pass, pass, pass to the right, pass, pass, pass to the left and repeat.

Doubling up on the full backs and getting beyond them is one way. 

Incidentally I've seen enough of him to know that there are other strings to his bow which might be very useful against a low block. 

He looks to come inside and shoot and he has a very powerful shot.  Even if they don't go in, a blocked shot can present an opportunity.

I've not given up on him and I certainly don't sit down to watch Chelsea, hoping for one of the players to fail.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Good question.  It is James and perhaps Chilwell.
Perhaps Palmer if he is as good as the current hype (which I don't fully buy into).

Can Nkunku hold it up under pressure and play in colleagues?  We may find out one day.

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

When we didn't have pace in recent years we couldn't break down the low block. Pass, pass, pass to the right, pass, pass, pass to the left and repeat.

Incidentally I've seen enough of him to know that there are other strings to his bow which might be very useful against a low block. 

He looks to come inside and shoot and he has a very powerful shot.  Even if they don't go in, a blocked shot can present an opportunity.

I've not given up on him and I certainly don't sit down to watch Chelsea, hoping for one of the players to fail.

Palmer. You don't need pace against a low block. You need intricacy, precision and execution.

Let's see how Mudryk does today then.