Chelsea 0 Fulham 0

My Blood Is Blue

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Fulham at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Friday, 3rd Feb 2023 (Local UK time/date). The match will be live on Sky.

For the first time in quite a while, I am really looking forward to a Chelsea match. We owe them after last time, but I also think we’ll have players back from injury and new signings ready to play.

Potter should have some actual touch decisions to make in terms of selection!

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

For the first time in quite a while, I am really looking forward to a Chelsea match. We owe them after last time, but I also think we’ll have players back from injury and new signings ready to play.

This what we need, genuine competition for.places , it'll be lovely to thrash them after last time. Maybe the PGMOL will pick a homer ref like they did when we played them away ? 

On 21/01/2023 at 21:12, My Blood Is Blue said:

In a funny way, could be an important game for Potter. Like you say, some serious options now. 

Imagine if we line up with James and at right back, and a front 3 including Mudryk and we stuff them 3-0....

anyway, I'd expect to see :

Kepa, TC, Silva, Badiashile, Cucu, Kova, Jorgino, Mount, Mudryk, Havertz, Ziyech 

Subs from: Bettinelli, RJ, Chillwell, Chuk, Azpi, PEA, Fofana II, Hall, RLC, Gallagher, Madueke.......that's 11 subs without including Mendy, Fofana I, Humphreys, Kante, Felix, Pulisic, Sterling and Broja

Have I missed anyone? That's an 11 plus 19 extras (some still injured / suspended)......30 players to use. (and that's before you consider the loanees, and Nkunku)

I completely forgot KK.........that's 31.

Edited by paulw66

It will be interesting to see if Boehly continues to push for a multi-club structure to retain the young players. I think he will but not sure how high priority it is right now.

That would be a better approach for the players as well as from an economic standpoint than a loan army (which is now more limited anyway).

Supposedly, they have been looking in Portugal and France. But I haven't heard anything recently.

Of course, that doesn't mean we don't need to get rid of the deadwood....

3 minutes ago, mora said:

It will be interesting to see if Boehly continues to push for a multi-club structure to retain the young players. I think he will but not sure how high priority it is right now.

That would be a better approach for the players as well as from an economic standpoint than a loan army (which is now more limited anyway).

Supposedly, they have been looking in Portugal and France. But I haven't heard anything recently.

Of course, that doesn't mean we don't need to get rid of the deadwood....

I think the reason we've not heard much recently is because there don't seem to be any clubs of the type Boehly & Co. might be interested in currently 'for sale'.
It's not like going to Sainsbury's and buying a tin of baked beans 😉

I fancy us to beat them. Not even going to attempt a line up as I have no idea who’s in or out at the minute!

The media will no doubt be harking on about them beating us for the first time in 30,000 years etc etc, so I hope the players come out with the proper derby game mindset and smash them off the park. 

50 minutes ago, KovasUnderpants said:

Hopefully 3 points and the start of things looking up. A good few players back in training so hopefully see Chilly get some game time.

GP and his coaching staff have had 12 days to come up and coach the squad a game plan and tactics 

Edited by ROTG

6 hours ago, ROTG said:

GP and his coaching staff have had 12 days to come up and coach the squad a game plan and tactics 

And I think we'll see massive difference. You could already see it vs Liverpool, so with the time and players back, I think we'll see a very different Chelsea on Friday.

After, it seems, weeks without a Chelsea game I got word that an old valued friend is to be laid to rest on Friday so will miss the game.

Great anticipation after the break and an intriguing couple of days wondering what the line up will be.

Plus...the first Great Match Day Debate on the wonderful new platform...can't wait...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, chara said:

After, it seems, weeks without a Chelsea game I got word that an old valued friend is to be laid to rest on Friday so will miss the game.

Great anticipation after the break and an intriguing couple of days wondering what the line up will be.

Plus...the first Great Match Day Debate on the wonderful new platform...can't wait...

Sorry to hear that @chara

Me and my wife are in West Lower Row 2 for this, half way between the centre circle and the Shed. I think it essentially works out as the front row as Row 1 is the wheelchair section. 

I'm frustrated to be in the West, but beggars can't be choosers, would prefer to have got Shed Lower or MHL, but this is all that was available scrapping for return tickets. 

As well as the atmosphere, just hate how far the West is from the pitch compared to the other stands. At least the the all round view of the pitch should make up for it. 

Dreaming for Mudryk to tear Fulham apart on his home debut. At least 2 goals and 1 assist. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Me and my wife are in West Lower Row 2 for this, half way between the centre circle and the Shed. I think it essentially works out as the front row as Row 1 is the wheelchair section. 

I'm frustrated to be in the West, but beggars can't be choosers, would prefer to have got Shed Lower or MHL, but this is all that was available scrapping for return tickets. 

As well as the atmosphere, just hate how far the West is from the pitch compared to the other stands. At least the the all round view of the pitch should make up for it. 

Give us a wave ! Make a sign with the new web address on it and hold it aloft !

• Haha 3

Feels like a long time since Chelsea last played, really looking forward to this one and haven't said that for a LONG time. Even if Enzo comes in, I don't think he'd start this one and I think it will still be too soon to start James or Chilwell. Hopefully Kovacic is fit otherwise CM looks very light!

Kepa

Chalobah - Silva - Badiasile - Cucurella

Gallagher - Kovacic

Mount - Chukwuemeka - Mudryk

Havertz

14 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Feels like a long time since Chelsea last played, really looking forward to this one and haven't said that for a LONG time. Even if Enzo comes in, I don't think he'd start this one and I think it will still be too soon to start James or Chilwell. Hopefully Kovacic is fit otherwise CM looks very light!

<snip>

I think we've got no real choice but to play a midfield three now, I can't see how a pivot is ample enough with those we've got on hand.