My Blood Is Blue

Matchday prediction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Preston North End win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/24 at 16:30

24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Thats not exactly what they call it, but you’re on the right lines, they have a  “proven muscle/bone issues that will heavily reduce the ability to make positive impact for more than 3 weeks at a time.” clause.

The problem I currently have is that I had a clear diagnoses on my back for just under 2 years which they are really frowning upon, but I’m hoping my dodgy knees will make up for that.

Of course sports injury discussion is second nature for a Chelsea follower so a word or two of advice from "One Who Knows"!... literally hard earned knowledge.... finally had my right knee replacement after damage from initially a savage tackle many years ago..... suddenly not having the ever present pain was a revelation as to how "uncomfortable" it had been....the second replacement was after the other knee finally gave in after the years of constant over dependance due to weakness on right knee.... That is my real warning...not so much the first procedure as the need for a second one as a reaction..unrealised... to the reliance on the "good".

DON'T WAIT ..GET IT DONE IF/WHEN ASAP FOR YOUR LIFE STYLE.

WARNING... both procedures hurt like F*** post op and the rehab is brutal if you do it properly but long term a miracle...maybe as a younger man it might have been less of a benefit short term but certainly at my age a blessing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, chara said:

Of course sports injury discussion is second nature for a Chelsea follower so a word or two of advice from "One Who Knows"!... literally hard earned knowledge.... finally had my right knee replacement after damage from initially a savage tackle many years ago..... suddenly not having the ever present pain was a revelation as to how "uncomfortable" it had been....the second replacement was after the other knee finally gave in after the years of constant over dependance due to weakness on right knee.... That is my real warning...not so much the first procedure as the need for a second one as a reaction..unrealised... to the reliance on the "good".

DON'T WAIT ..GET IT DONE IF/WHEN ASAP FOR YOUR LIFE STYLE.

WARNING... both procedures hurt like F*** post op and the rehab is brutal if you do it properly but long term a miracle...maybe as a younger man it might have been less of a benefit short term but certainly at my age a blessing.

As ever Chara you are the man of wisdom on here and I do agree and fully intend to try and fix my body soon… it’s the classic excuse, but I just need to find the time to be able to do it all.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

As ever Chara you are the man of wisdom on here and I do agree and fully intend to try and fix my body soon… it’s the classic excuse, but I just need to find the time to be able to do it all.

That of course is the rub!..when I was working I would not have been able to afford the loss of earnings from the time off and in harder times even with good medical insurance..absolute necessity here... I don't think I could have afforded it..plus being on my own would have made it almost impossible...times are easier now but will look up my old hospital bills....might be of interest ... contrast ..first knee op I was in hospital for two weeks...first knee replacement..in Thursday and op...out Sat midday...second one...in Thursday and op...out Friday by one o'clock!

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 20:23, Dwmh said:

Watch Caicedo.  Stands in front of the keeper, even gets pushed by the keeper ahead of the corner and walks back across him afterwards.  And certainly in an offside positon next to the keeper.
Demands 10 secs of checking before the goal is given.
That is all they take - 10 secs.  Perfectly reasonable.

you don't need a VAR check to see there is nobody in between Silva and the GK

pne.PNG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ProudPreston29 said:

that could have ended better

But your side made it this far.....same ending as for "mighty" Arsenal!....Thanks for your input here and for being a real Football Fan👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

you don't need a VAR check to see there is nobody in between Silva and the GK

pne.PNG

1.  It took 10 secs - what is your beef when it took 3 mins to overturn th elinesman for our other VAR given goal?
2..You clearly do need VAR in Video to see what happened.
Watch the video clip.  From before the corner is taken through - loads to check.  10 secs was pretty quick IMO, if were were a PNE fan I'd be annoyed they didn't spend a lot longer.

It really is not complicated.

6 hours ago, ProudPreston29 said:

that could have ended better

Preston were excellent in the first half. More than matched us.

I think fitness was the main issue in the second half.  Must be mentally draining to give everything in the first half and then have to do it all over again.  

Good luck this season 👍

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Bit annoying picking an on firm Prem side. My United fan missus is beside me fretting they might not get passed Eastleigh . 

They aren't actually on form in recent games. Just about got past Boro and Burnley. Threw away a 2-0 HT lead against United and needed an injury time equaliser to draw with the bottom team. 

I anticipate a tough game but home advantage will help us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

They aren't actually on form in recent games. Just about got past Boro and Burnley. Threw away a 2-0 HT lead against United and needed an injury time equaliser to draw with the bottom team. 

I anticipate a tough game but home advantage will help us. 

Like Arsenal, I'm waiting for Villa to come crashing down from that flimsy branch. 

A couple of key injuries and they're done. 

They won't finish top 5.  

2 minutes ago, chara said:

That's a lot of goals Sciatika...maybe they have more faith in their team's scoring ability and an unrealistic fear of the Chelsea goal threat?

Very good Chara 👏👏👏