My Blood Is Blue

Matchday prediction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Preston North End win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/24 at 16:30

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 3rd Round match against Preston North End at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 6th January 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BBC One)

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Chance to give Nkunku and Madueke more needed minutes.

Maybe Glichrist too

Glichrist depends on what is best for Gusto who at present is the player we need to manager for this season (only 6 months older too).

But certainly this selection should be based around what Poch needs to prepare his players for the rest of season.
First Middlesborough game too (the second will depend on winning the first comfortably).

17 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Glichrist depends on what is best for Gusto who at present is the player we need to manager for this season (only 6 months older too).

But certainly this selection should be based around what Poch needs to prepare his players for the rest of season.
First Middlesborough game too (the second will depend on winning the first comfortably).

Is Glichrist a right back or centre half by trade? 

It’ll be interesting to see if Gilchrist gets a start, I hope he does, but I presume Poch will work out who needs a rest and work back from there. Gusto, Silva, Gallagher and Colwill are probably the main players he would want to rest.

Petrovic

Disasi - Gilchrist - Badiashile Maatsen

Caicedo - Big Les*

Madueke - Nkunku - Sterling

Broja

*Whoever is fit

On 30/12/2023 at 23:25, Sciatika said:

CB, who models his approach on JT

Seems he Alfie has got a bit more eager/rash this season in the U21.  3ea. booking in 8 games, hopefully the coaching team will remind him of those stats, before they let him loose in the starting line-up

image.png.b0a49945229cafd6ac89083c95b799cd.png

10 hours ago, ProudPreston29 said:

Preston North End fan coming in peace , 

ProudPreston29 from PNE forum    https://pebbleleague.com/

Friendly introduction to our forum and match thread  https://pebbleleague.com/thread/9793/chelsea-preston-north-end-january

Thread will get added to as the week goes on , would happily welcome you to our forum to join in the discussion 

Realistically most PNE fans would be happy if the score was under three and the bulk of fans are sick of manager Ryan Lowe atm 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link back to yours!

PNE form doesn’t look amazing, much like our own, but would love a bit of a run down on who to look out for from your side? Why the frustration with Lowe? Is it purely to do with results?

I hope that it is a great cup game, you never know what can happen in this cup, but obviously I’ll be hoping for a stress free home win!!

P.S. Thanks for voting in the poll 😉

12 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I'd like to know whether there is a Preston South End. 

Ha ha you made me check their history with this.

Turnes out they moved to Moor Park in the North of the town = North End after playing at Marsh near the river in Preston suburb Ashton.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link back to yours!

PNE form doesn’t look amazing, much like our own, but would love a bit of a run down on who to look out for from your side? Why the frustration with Lowe? Is it purely to do with results?

I hope that it is a great cup game, you never know what can happen in this cup, but obviously I’ll be hoping for a stress free home win!!

P.S. Thanks for voting in the poll 😉

At the moment Liam Millar is our player to watch along with captain Alan Browne, not expecting either to play though. Ryan Lowe has pissed off loads of fans who have spent loads of money for the trip down sarf saying the fixture is not high on his radar. He has a habit of playing reserves in big cup games which our fanbase hate and have told him and the club

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ProudPreston29 said:

At the moment Liam Millar is our player to watch along with captain Alan Browne, not expecting either to play though. Ryan Lowe has pissed off loads of fans who have spent loads of money for the trip down sarf saying the fixture is not high on his radar. He has a habit of playing reserves in big cup games which our fanbase hate and have told him and the club

An odd way of approach by the manager. On the other hand, staying in Championship is possible pri-one. If you were drawn against lower level club in this cup I guess his approach would be different?

11 hours ago, asvaberg said:

An odd way of approach by the manager. On the other hand, staying in Championship is possible pri-one. If you were drawn against lower level club in this cup I guess his approach would be different?

i just dont think he cares about the cup which is annoying because it may be our only bit of fun this season

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ProudPreston29 said:

i just dont think he cares about the cup which is annoying because it may be our only bit of fun this season

Your club has an important history in English football, maybe the most important,  and you also have some trophies, 2 league 2 FA cup (1 Double!) 

You still play on the same ground used as early as 1880- the oldest stadium in the world (where the ground has been in constant use)!

And you still beat your rivals by the sea 😁😁😁 both league wise and in numbers of trophies.

Fun fact; After rebuild of Deepdale to all seater stadium, the record attendance is........Chelsea, FA cup 4th round January 2010 with 23.119 fans attending. 👍

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

Fun fact; After rebuild of Deepdale to all seater stadium, the record attendance is........Chelsea, FA cup 4th round January 2010 with 23.119 fans attending. 

Quite literally "only here for the Chelsea!" 

On 01/01/2024 at 22:09, ProudPreston29 said:

Preston North End fan coming in peace , 

ProudPreston29 from PNE forum    https://pebbleleague.com/

Friendly introduction to our forum and match thread  https://pebbleleague.com/thread/9793/chelsea-preston-north-end-january

Thread will get added to as the week goes on , would happily welcome you to our forum to join in the discussion 

Realistically most PNE fans would be happy if the score was under three and the bulk of fans are sick of manager Ryan Lowe atm 

You are the true Invincibles, not Arsenal who lost games in their supposed "Invincible" season.

• Like 1

I think the defender you can just about see behind Tom Finney in the famous splash picture taken at the Bridge was Stan Willemse. I think there is a "Chelsea Legends" programme from Chelsea TV with Spy interviewing Willemse about his career, and it came up there.  The Doc was playing for Preston and passed Finney the ball. Willemse was a well-known hard-tackling defender.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Like 2

Way back I worked with a guy who was a "journeyman" Welsh League player...popular locally and even then way past his playing days would get greeted by fans.

At his peak he played for one of the Bristol clubs and when asked said Tom Finney was the best player he ever played against..quote as best I can from memory..: "He swayed one way on the edge of the area and everyone in front of him did the same,,then back followed by everyone again."

I have a memory of him at SB but can't pin it down...seems a midweek game and Preston won...trouble is although it's a very strong memory I can't line it up with his playing days...just short but my maybe faulty memory recalls a palpable air of respect emanating from the terraces...OG aside it's even stranger because I remember as it being the only time I recall sitting on the old benches in front of the East stand down by the pitch...strange.

• Like 2