My Blood Is Blue

Matchday prediction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Preston North End win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/24 at 16:30

I think some of the forward passes from Enzo especially have been the right idea, but the execution is hasn't been great. Palmer should have scored from that pass though. 

We look a bit low energy, very much like we are waiting for midweek.

Edited by Proud-Blue
Typo
  • Like 1

Borefest so far.

We have played particularly badly, but we just haven’t really got out of first gear. Too many walking around seemingly expecting it to happen with minimal effort, but PNE aren’t going to let us get away with it that easy.

Its shocking how much our tempo drops whenever Gallagher isn’t there.

No idea why our only for FB is bing so limited by playing on the wrong side, that needs changing at HT.

Broja needs to come off as well, although I’m not sure he ever went on. He needs moving on and replacing in this window, and quickly.

Just now, Original 21 said:

Who do we replace Broja with? Christ, he’s such a depressing player.

Put Madueke on and put Palmer or Sterling up there, although Sterling is clearly having one of his ‘don’t fancy it’ games.

• Like 1

That was absolute trash!

Possibly as bad as I’ve seen all season - not even an ounce of desire, never mind quality.

Broja shouldn’t touch a blade of grass in a game any more. Don’t care if he’s supposed to be our only forward. Play without one, it’d be better.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Total lack of intensity from pretty much everyone. Do the players understand the history and stature of the FAC? 

Gusto is nutured at LB, his left foot is crap. Hook him for Maatsen. 

Maybe Noni for Mudryk? 

4 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

The issue with this team is also Enzo Fernandez.  

I'm beginning to agree. But do you think his stats and performances suffer from having several bang average forwards to pass into? For Argentina he services Messi, Alvarez, Di Maria and Martinez. For us he services Broja, Jackson, Mudryk etc.

Disappointing!....will we see a coaching revelation the second half ?

Gusto is wasted at LB but what real alternative is there that would work ?

Broja?....well at least he is consistent,,for a big lad he seems easy to muscle off the ball...... Alfie looks commited and "aware".... as for the rest all sort of blah...not so much bad as bland and no spark.

8 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

The issue with this team is also Enzo Fernandez. He is too slow, we all can see how we are a much better team with Conor . I have made up my mind about Enzo , he is the new Danny Drinkwater 

Whatever happened to Danny? Maybe we could get him back on a free? 

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't know what I'm enjoying more, our inability to string two passes together or Jonathan "you've come to hear what I think" Pearce's anti Chelsea commentary as he goes for all the tropes in his commentator handbook. Quiet support, expensive players, lack of experience, we've had them all. 

Don’t forget the continuous bin dipper references, I counted about 10 in the first half, and he’s just managed to mention thier name 5 times in the first 36 seconds of the second half 😂😂😂

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

I'm beginning to agree. But do you think his stats and performances suffer from having several bang average forwards to pass into? For Argentina he services Messi, Alvarez, Di Maria and Martinez. For us he services Broja, Jackson, Mudryk etc.

I think he was pretty decent in H1.

26 minutes ago, patThenevin said:

Him and his fellow 100m+ fellow centre mid aren't exactly bossing midfield are they?

Quarter of a billion. Just let that sink in.

The future of the club mortgaged against this stable of underwhelming mediocrity.

Jorginho and Kante from Wish...except ironically as you point out, they were an absolute fortune.

Broja just looks lost. The biggest problem is he doesn't seem to want to move much or take risks. Maybe the injuries have affected him? 

Problem is he's not scoring if he doesn't even get himself into positions for chances...