JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Wolves win

2 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Be fair - that is what managers are supposed to say.
It is a world where every one lies, taking people on their word in this kind of white lie / compliment is probably worse than the white lie.

The key is to understand why someone says something, not what they say.  Talking up Broja was a good action.

I do actually agree that it was good for Broja to hear that , however I'm really getting an "anything is good enough I'm just glad I have a job in football again" vibe from Pochettino .

Happy to be here and take the money and hoping someone finds the new Kane , Son and Alderweireld  to get him out of trouble.

Edited by Mark Kelly

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He only has himself to blame then ( bit of a trend here) I remember when Nkunku got injured , Pochettino saying we had to show Broja a pathway to the first team and how much he believes in him.  How's that working out? 

Too many people hanging there hats that Nkunku was the reason the teams short fall in front of goal, because of how the team performed in pre-season. Nkunku might have made a slight improvement but that would be it.

The squad is the problem, and it would seem they are on the road to have coach No3 removed.

One could say this squad is on par with the legendary JT/SFL squads for coach removals,  without the silverware and league success.

Edited by ROTG

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The squad is  and coach are the problem,

I saw Caicedo be the last midfielder holding off two / three Wolves players yesterday. Surely thats on the coach? I saw Caicedo receive the ball between Disasi and Silva. Caicedo IS NOT a DM

Edited by Miguelito07
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do actually agree that it was good for Broja to hear that , however I'm really getting an "anything is good enough I'm just glad I have a job in football again" vibe from Pochettino .

Happy to be here and take the money and hoping someone finds the new Kane , Son and Alderweireld  to get him out of trouble.

Glad to have a job in football again is precisely it.

That is the kind of candidate you get when you manage a club as badly as CFC is run.  He replaced a manager with a W1D2L9 record if I remember right.
We reached that low Last season (44 points), not this season (best guess 50-60 points).
It is like accusing a Talk Sport presenter of being rubbish - he is a presenter for Talk Sport FFS.
That Chris Wilder at Sheff U - he is rubbish isn't he - just lost 5-0, mostly in the first 30 mins.  Why did anyone hire him?  Get rid immediately.

We are arguing here about who is worst - Manager or Club. Disturbing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Too many people hanging there hats that Nkunku was the reason the teams short fall in front of goal, because of how the team performed in pre-season. Nkunku might have made a slight improvement but that would be it.

The squad is the problem, and it would seem they are on the road to have coach No3 removed.

One could say this squad is on par with the legendary JT/SFL squads for coach removals,  without the silverware and league success.

You've written Nkunku off, back from a serious injury, after 1.5 games in which he scored one and should have had a penalty and without seeing him pair up with Jackson?

Whatever.

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

You've written Nkunku off, back from a serious injury, after 1.5 games in which he scored one and should have had a penalty and without seeing him pair up with Jackson?

Whatever.

Read my post again?

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Read my post again?

I have and my point stands. We can't judge whether Nkunku is the messiah or not until such time as we have seen him fully fit and in a suitable, consistent team and formation. 

Poch screwed up on Sunday by putting Jackson on and taking Nkunku off straight away. 

Nkunku is not a lone CF but he may well be the cog that makes our attack work. He might add goals and get Jackson scoring too.

It's funny because during the game I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted about Nkunku not being the answer to all our prayers after all......

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

Whatever.

He's looked good but in fairness he was never going to be our saving grace, neither will James and neither will Lavia. The whole point of the problem with this squad has never been injuries - of course they haven't helped. It's the woeful lack of inexperience and characters all over the pitch. We would still struggle if every player was fit because as soon as we go down our confidence dies. Nkunku has some experience but he is not the leader we nee - ironically he would have probably also not been signed under the new ownership.

Just now, Ham said:

I have and my point stands. We can't judge whether Nkunku is the messiah or not until such time as we have seen him fully fit and in a suitable, consistent team and formation. 

Poch screwed up on Sunday by putting Jackson on and taking Nkunku off straight away. 

Nkunku is not a lone CF but he may well be the cog that makes our attack work. He might add goals and get Jackson scoring too.

It's funny because during the game I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted about Nkunku not being the answer to all our prayers after all......

The Jackson-Nkunku link looked good in preseason but I think that's what you're basing your expectations on. Jackson may have had the space in pre season but not in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

The Jackson-Nkunku link looked good in preseason but I think that's what you're basing your expectations on. Jackson may have had the space in pre season but not in the Premier League. 

Let's see shall we? (Assuming Poch ever puts them on the pitch at the same fecking time!)

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

It not his team so he get off scot free with his reputation intact. I am sure some nice Spanish team will take him after Chelsea 

So not a top tier club then as he's not getting either Madrid or Barca. Maybe Espanyol will save him seeing as he played there? 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

One hopes he remains fit so we can see if he is the real deal over the remainder of the season.
If he is the real deal, maybe the board will put Winstanley and Stewart on gardening leave and bring back Vivell. 

29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So not a top tier club then as he's not getting either Madrid or Barca. Maybe Espanyol will save him seeing as he played there? 

Problem is, he might be at a top tier club, unfortunately the paying staff are Espanyol level. 

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

There's a bus sized hole in midfield with Enzo and Gallagher absent leaving Caicedo to take on allcomers on his own. 

In fairness Caicedo doesn't always help himself either, he's more Kante and less Makelele or Mikel. There's several occasions where Caicedo ends up in more advanced areas and Enzo drops as the deepest man. 

Someone like Lavia, who actually sits, would be a nice option to have but of course that's not been a thing this season outside of those one or two games.

We really need a genuine holding player to add bit more stability and discipline, rather than trying to have everyone play different roles depending on whether we're in possession or not.

• Like 1

^

Where is the money coming for another midfielder? 

I would also seem you are now having to select anyone from the past 18 months recruitment to be one to solve the Chelsea puzzle. Lavia is another over priced player with no real indicators saying he's good enough for a top 4 team

You might even acknowledge that your reference to bumps in the along the way are in reality sinkholes 

Edited by ROTG

9 hours ago, xceleryx said:

In fairness Caicedo doesn't always help himself either, he's more Kante and less Makelele or Mikel. There's several occasions where Caicedo ends up in more advanced areas and Enzo drops as the deepest man. 

Someone like Lavia, who actually sits, would be a nice option to have but of course that's not been a thing this season outside of those one or two games.

We really need a genuine holding player to add bit more stability and discipline, rather than trying to have everyone play different roles depending on whether we're in possession or not.

Yeh, losing Lavia and then Big Les to injuries has left a big gap.  

Totally agree with your point on Caicedo too - i'm quite baffled how no one has noticed that about him 

10 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Simple point about the building of the midfield - Lavia, Enzo and Caicedo are all talented players. Lavia could be the DM behind Enzo and Caicedo...

But I am sorry - whoever thought a midfield with a collective average height of 5 foot 10 was gonna cut it in the Premier League.

I mean we are gonna have to play the most outrageous league dominating tika taka football to have any chance of winning with those three. Look at the profile of our rivals - Rodri - 6 foot 3 - Declan Rice 6 foot 1.

It's no wonder Poch has been playing CBs at full back to try and get some more height in the team.

Maybe this can be fixed say by selling Enzo and getting more of a physical presence into midfield - but god it reeks of poor planning and squad building. I.e. Having directors of football who have no experience managing highest level clubs.

12 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Like Jorginho perhaps? It would be interesting to know the absolute truth and reasons behind the clearing of the decks of Mount, Jorginho, and the CL winning players.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, east lower said:

Like Jorginho perhaps? It would be interesting to know the absolute truth and reasons behind the clearing of the decks of Mount, Jorginho, and the CL winning players.

I thought the Jorgi sale was because he only had 6 months remaining on his contract

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, east lower said:

I would say Onana of Everton type player. Is required

3 hours ago, east lower said:

100%. Ridiculous how many on here continue to defend the mass clear out of experienced players. Yes, many of them needed to be moved on eventually, but that happens a bit at a time. Doing it all at once has completely shafted us. Yes we need our experienced players to deliver as well - i.e. Sterling, Thiago - but that doesnt mean we should just get rid of them, especially when we lack experience all over the pitch.

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

100%. Ridiculous how many on here continue to defend the mass clear out of experienced players. Yes, many of them needed to be moved on eventually, but that happens a bit at a time. Doing it all at once has completely shafted us. Yes we need our experienced players to deliver as well - i.e. Sterling, Thiago - but that doesnt mean we should just get rid of them, especially when we lack experience all over the pitch.

You have to take into consideration that the board reportedly wanted to bring in contracts with lower basic pay and higher bonuses for achievements. 

Quite a few of the players from memory were nearing the ends of their contracts and most likely didn't fancy signing up to that so they were moved on. 

There was, knowing how these people operate a few who, like Mount were sold for profits sake when they wanted more than we were prepared to offer which I'm sure the owners were strangely pleased about. 

Many of those players were at the end of their CFC journeys like Azpi who's legs had gone although the spirit was willing and some like RLC who'd been showing promise for about ten years without ever delivering on it. 

All at once was an odd one but it's their club, their way and now they're reaping the "rewards" 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1