Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Wolves win

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Yes, @JaneB if I was not clear....

I love Belle and she's a great character! I think it's great she speaks her mind. I want Chelsea to have people like her pushing us to do better. 

I just think the board is so fragile that they will have seen her posts going viral and taken it out on Thiago. People say he's past it but he's played more than any other of our defenders for a reason - the decision to get rid of him reeks of just wanting to shut the family up. (in fact may be why Belle has continued speaking out!)

I do not blame Belle at all for speaking out - I blame the board 100% for being pathetic.

Sorry Max I misunderstood and got confused when you said something like "NOT backing Belle to the hilt" !!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

See what? Hostility towards Pochettino because of his Spurs history? Again, it isn't happening on anything like a significant scale in the ground. Today was the first time there was mass dissent, and it was either directed very generally (booing, "we're fucking shit"), at the owners ("Roman Abramovich") or Sterling (booed when subbed). 

The hostility today was because we're crap, and given we've been crap all season and it's still taken this long, it doesn't feel to me anyone has been just waiting for their chance to turn on Pochettino. 

Emotions run high all the time, and especially at top clubs at the highest level. Difference is how you handle it, what you do with it. I get it on a human level, but it doesn't (repeatedly) happen at a club that has standards and keeps things in house. 

You're right but actually I also don't think it helps. Most of the fans ire is going upstairs but it's not like everyone's in love with Poch either. Is the Spurs aspect a big factor? Not especially... but the fans haven't fallen in love with him and I never thought they would given his history - but more given his lack of quality.

Overall I think Poch has handled himself quite well in press conferences etc.. he sort of looks the part so Chelsea fans don't feel so embarrassed as they did having PE Teacher Potter at the helm.

1 hour ago, Blue Orca said:

Gallagher needs to be sold. No end product, just a lot of running about. 

No end product but still gives far more to the team than the likes of Enzo, who yet again put in another atrocious non performance. It's the players who cost us a fortune in thransfer fees or wages we should be moaning about not those who cost us nothing.

Enzo, Caicedo, Mudryk, Cucu, Sterling, Fofana. Nearly half a billion wasted on players who've not improved the team by a single percent. 😭

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, JaneB said:

Sorry Max I misunderstood and got confused when you said something like "NOT backing Belle to the hilt" !!!

All good - yeah I was trying to be inclusive to the person who said it was disrespectful of her and unprofessional.. I don't agree with that but there's a good debate to be had there.

Was more trying to focus my criticism on the board than the rights and wrongs of her speaking out - but given that we are I will repeat that I think she's great 😀

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ham said:

This weekend just got worse. 

Knew I was in for a s**t one yesterday after I won a prize in a raffle at a works do. A mate won one at the same time and I let him have the last bottle of Port, which we both wanted. A while later someone noticed the wine I chose instead was non alcoholic.😭

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

I'm no Poch apologist but Scott Minto?  Who?  It's bad enough the media employ tossers like Cascarino and Burley, so Minto is another addition to crap ex-Chelsea media.  I haven't brought an end of season DVD since 2021, and I wont be bothering this year either.  Mind you, that fat lummox Alan Brazil might try to make excuses for Poch.

Absolute Tosh. 

Minto is one of the better pundit who is very conservative with his comments. Have you bothered to listen to Poch’s post match comments? He was absolutely pathetic. 

Let put it like this, I would rather listen to Minto, Cundy, Brazil, Jordan and a majority of the talksh1t team, than 90% of the written press who’s roots come from the north west of England. 

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

I could see he was a crap coach and wouldn’t be able to cut it and that’s exactly what’s transpired. 

Mass dissenting takes a bit longer, partially in my view down to most people wanting someone to succeed and stay with the club to ‘build a long-term’ dream/dynasty or whatever people want to call it. The reality is that those long-term managerial relationships are the rarity and not the norm.

And at well run clubs things tend to stay in-house, suggests to me that we’re the opposite of well-run.

If you’ve not heard dissent before, then you’ve not been listening.

The last bit, c'mon now. I've been really clear in describing what I saw and heard today. I have never said there's been no dissent. There's about 42k people in the ground, and not always the same ones, there are always going to people with different opinions. But anyone claiming there has been dissent like there was today is either lying or delusional. This was a big, big difference. 

And fair play, you have been consistent in not rating Pochettino. But given you were quoting me talking about people turning on him because of his Spurs connection (and not just because we're and he is crap), it was a fair question.

And I'm obviously agreeing we're run terribly! 

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.

"My experience in Chelsea, Paris, Dortmund and Mainz, it is about the results. You can overcome one loss, a short period... but it cannot be too long otherwise nobody trusts the process no more". - Thomas Tuchel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolute Tosh. 

Minto is one of the better pundit who is very conservative with his comments. Have you bothered to listen to Poch’s post match comments? He was absolutely pathetic. 

Let put it like this, I would rather listen to Minto, Cundy, Brazil, Jordan and a majority of the talksh1t team, than 90% of the written press who’s roots come from the north west of England. 

Can we all agree that it's completely unacceptable for a Chelsea fan to share the thoughts of Jamie O'Hara on Twitter?

• Haha 1

Just now, Original 21 said:

Surprised Pochettino doesn’t just go with a back three. He’s tried playing four centre backs. Today, he tried two full backs with two centre backs. Maybe a back four just doesn’t suit this squad. 

I'd be surprised if we don't go to 3 at the back for the upcoming period.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Can we all agree that it's completely unacceptable for a Chelsea fan to share the thoughts of Jamie O'Hara on Twitter?

Just watched SSN his comments were not far from the truth. 

probably list to him and Cundy tomorrow night along with Andy Jacob’s tomorrow afternoon. 😀

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'd be surprised if we don't go to 3 at the back for the upcoming period.

Let’s hope not. One hopes that has been exorcised forever. 

Time to give silva a rest and try another CB pairing. 

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

The last bit, c'mon now. I've been really clear in describing what I saw and heard today. I have never said there's been no dissent. There's about 42k people in the ground, and not always the same ones, there are always going to people with different opinions. But anyone claiming there has been dissent like there was today is either lying or delusional. This was a big, big difference. 

And fair play, you have been consistent in not rating Pochettino. But given you were quoting me talking about people turning on him because of his Spurs connection (and not just because we're and he is crap), it was a fair question.

And I'm obviously agreeing we're run terribly! 

And I’d agree that today is as bad as the dissenting has been, but there’s been plenty beforehand and at a number of the games.

I took it that you thought there’s not been any shows of dissent previously and I have witnessed it first hand to say that there has been.  When the inevitable happened and his lack of ability shone through then the Spurs link would also surface. I’m honest to say, it was always an issue for me. Just like Benitez, but he was a better coach. 

Didn’t mean or want to cause offence, so my apologies if I did.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

And I’d agree that today is as bad as the dissenting has been, but there’s been plenty beforehand and at a number of the games.

I took it that you thought there’s not been any shows of dissent previously and I have witnessed it first hand to say that there has been.  When the inevitable happened and his lack of ability shone through then the Spurs link would also surface. I’m honest to say, it was always an issue for me. Just like Benitez, but he was a better coach. 

Didn’t mean or want to cause offence, so my apologies if I did.

Not at all. There's always going to be people screaming abuse at the players and manager, it happened all the time when we were brilliant and 2-0 up at half time! I only really pay attention when it's hundreds or thousands of people. And it was today. Something snapped for a lot of people who aren't your typical dissenters.

I just think we'd have seen it sooner if the Spurs history was much of an aggravating factor for that many people. I'm a bit surprised it's taken this long tbh!

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Not at all. There's always going to be people screaming abuse at the players and manager, it happened all the time when we were brilliant and 2-0 up at half time! I only really pay attention when it's hundreds or thousands of people. And it was today. Something snapped for a lot of people who aren't your typical dissenters.

I just think we'd have seen it sooner if the Spurs history was much of an aggravating factor for that many people. I'm a bit surprised it's taken this long tbh!

I can say that in the MHL the ex-Spurs feeling has been manifesting itself for a good while. 

People have been ‘on the way’ a couple of times previously but then we’d get a few results in a row and it would dissipate - but the level of performance over the last couple of games have shown us/him up.

Not sure that there is a way back for him now and that’s why he has to go. He clearly cannot motivate the players, Chilwell stating in an interview that the opposition wanted it more than us is damning in my view. Soon as a player says that it’s an indicator that the whole  thing is a mess and a change is needed.

Edited by east lower
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Wasn't here for 3 of the last 3 manager changes, but I'm sure just exhaustion with the process gave Poch an easier ride.
And he has matched Potter and TT from last year and quite  outperformed the other guy.
Which since I can't see how the squad changes this year could possibly have helped means Pocho has made a contribution  the team has got no worse during his time.

My guess is that it is the run of wins that has raised expectations rather than judging a loss to Liverpool and then a one off loss to a rather similar standard team.  That and it being at home.  I did warn about getting too hopeful recently.

It is the hope that kills you.

7 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Unforgivable 💀😡

The fact or saying it?

1 minute ago, Dwmh said:

Wasn't here for 3 of the last 3 manager changes, but I'm sure just exhaustion with the process gave Poch an easier ride.
And he has matched Potter and TT from last year and quite  outperformed the other guy.
Which since I can't see how the squad changes this year could possibly have helped means Pocho has made a contribution  the team has got no worse during his time.

My guess is that it is the run of wins that has raised expectations rather than judging a loss to Liverpool and then a one off loss to a rather similar standard team.  That and it being at home.  I did warn about getting too hopeful recently.

It is the hope that kills you.

The fact or saying it?

The fact. Bunch of scumbags stealing a living.

26 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Absolute Tosh. 

No he's not, and a rubbish left back in his time as well, and I never listen to pre match press conferences because they are just irritating and annoying, full of cliches and stating the obvious.  As for Simon "I f***ed up Palace" Jordan, all he does is defend his fellow owners, who couldn't run a brothel, along with is mate Jim White.  Brian Clough or Tommy Docherty would have sorted him out,  Anyway, his Palace spell was about 15 years ago and totally dated..  Brazil is just a Poch apologist and a drunkard/. , and no-one cares about the early '80's, it was crap.  Cundy I admit is OK, but Cacarino, Saunders, Crook, Duraham are all full of shit.  As for the written press, I don't bother, they are just overpaid pen pushers.  The only good presenters on TalkCrap are And Townsend, Jeff Stelling, Ally McCoist and Hawksbee and Jacobs.  The  rest steal a living talking nonsense.  Pat Nevin on5Live is better than at least 10-15 Talksport presenters put together.  As for their naff guests, they are just mates of the producer.

• Agree 1