JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Wolves win

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

No end product but still gives far more to the team than the likes of Enzo, who yet again put in another atrocious non performance. It's the players who cost us a fortune in thransfer fees or wages we should be moaning about not those who cost us nothing.

Enzo, Caicedo, Mudryk, Cucu, Sterling, Fofana. Nearly half a billion wasted on players who've not improved the team by a single percent. 😭

Yes but in selling them we would make a huge loss on each. Homegrown players are pure profit if sold. 

Due to so many poor decisions in the transfer market, it has to happen. 

And yes those players you mention have been awful. But so has Gallagher. There  is a player in Caciedo but no alongside Enzo. Its one or other for me.

1 hour ago, ShedMiddle said:

Word on the terrace is that season ticket prices will be increased by 20% next season 

That would probably net them about +£5-6m. Miles away from what they need, but we had due warning of what they were about when they ‘saved’ £250k by stopping the subsidised coaches to away games.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The owners are not the problem, they are just naive. 

You have to ask yourself who advised them Brighton was a good football model?

Imho, they just listened to the sports media who were bigging them up.  Macallaster looks a player at Liverpool and Ferguson looks good, but Sancho and Cuccarella were not great for Brighton and Caciedo had only played 1 season. So that's over £200m to one club! 

So many pups over such long contracts is going to impact transfer spending for years as is no CL and the pokey ground. How long before Arsenal overtakes our earnings as well? 

41 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Dreadful run of fixtures coming up too. This was supposed to be an easy one.

Villa L

Palace D

City L

Spurs L

Liverpool L

Brentford L

Toon L

Arsenal L

Surely this board have got to see we have to get someone like Mourinho, Bielsa, Simeone or Tuchel in to teach these primadonna fannypack wearing pretend-footballers how to play at least some point during this upcoming run? IMO throw the bank at Bielsa and tap the fuck out of Simeone. Best thing we could do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

What a proper coach would do is set up the side to not expose their most senior and in all honesty, best Centre half. 

We should be paying three CBs with Silva as the central one, two wing backs which would suit, Gusto, Chilwell and James, a proper holding midfielder and the rest whoever is in form at the time but he isnt because hes a tactical genius. 

Honestly, people would still find the time to complain if we switched to a back three. We've seen prior history of that under Conte and Tuchel. 

Not that I disagree that a back three probably serves us better when we've got two fit fullbacks and wanting to protect Thiago Silva more, it's arguably not the longer term answer either. 

• Agree 1

Yeah, not much to say after that one. Just not good enough across the board. 

Also not helped by our continued turnovers putting ourselves in uncompromising positions that generally lead to goals. We're often our own worst enemy.

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I say drop this subject as we seem to agree on everything else. Putin started the war and the club had to be seized once that happened.

Blame Putin - not the government (I hate this government anyway) But we shouldn't talk politics here and instead focus on the owners.

The war started more than 10 years ago, and the pressure on RA and any other oligarch that did not disown Putin then as well.
The war finished over a year ago too, something else no one wants to admit.  
There is plenty of explanation out there as to why it happened, even Stoltenberg has admitted as much.

4 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Dreadful run of fixtures coming up too. This was supposed to be an easy one.

Wonder if the club will offer free therapy sessions after this run of fixtures. 

Those who believe that the players are the issue and Pochettino is only doing his best with the players at his disposal needs to look at the Wolves side who practically scored at will against us yesterday.

That's the difference when players are being coached , greater than the sum of their parts compared to worse than the sum of their parts.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Imagine someone daring to suggest to Roman that we hire Graham Potter. 

TBF he did hire Mr Boas, however he only made the mistake of a young ‘promising’ coach the one time.

Even billionaires still make major mistakes, but I suppose we have double the evidence to support that theory now!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Those who believe that the players are the issue and Pochettino is only doing his best with the players at his disposal needs to look at the Wolves side who practically scored at will against us yesterday.

Some of these players need to take the blame, but I’ve always that thought Poch looks like a pale imitation of his old self, he’s completely placid on the touchline most of the time, which I can’t remember him being at spurs. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, ShedMiddle said:

Word on the terrace is that season ticket prices will be increased by 20% next season 

I can well believe it.

My son is 2, I really want to hang on 4 or 5 years until I can get him a ST. But I'll need to have a hard look at the finances if the owners do as I suspect they will.

10 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

The worst feeling this season is losing the faith that the owners care about anything much more than money. Last season was embarrassing but at least there was a sense of "Ha! At least they will have to learn quickly".

Their business model does not prioritise winning on the pitch as the primary way of generating money. Instead - buying re-sellable assets that cost little in wages and whose transfer cost can be spread across seasons.

Wake up people! - We are being turned into a cash cow feeder club -  Leipzig / Brighton model and not even a good one at that. There is no pressure to win because the real money comes from cashing in on our young talent.

As pointed out - the owners may even think this weekend was a success on the pitch because D. D. Fofana scored twice. We signed him for 10 million - we might easily sell him for 25 and meanwhile the owners will buy 10 more D. D. Fofanas.

I think this is too cynical in its own way. This is the football model adopted as the owners genuinely think it will lead to winning football. It isn't to make money for them, because any profits would be tiny and sat in a high risk selling portfolio. The only way they make any money from this club was by making it bigger and more successful, in a more lucrative league, and then selling it. 

Two years into this alleged ten year plan and they have well and truly screwed that already. 

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

That's the difference when players are being coached , greater than the sum of their parts compared to worse than the sum of their parts.

TBF it's also not Poch's fault that our players make some of the most boneheaded mistakes because of failing to execute some of the basic fundamentals. We've seen it on an all too frequent occasion this season where we've been our own worst enemy.

26 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I think this is too cynical in its own way. This is the football model adopted as the owners genuinely think it will lead to winning football. It isn't to make money for them, because any profits would be tiny and sat in a high risk selling portfolio. The only way they make any money from this club was by making it bigger and more successful, in a more lucrative league, and then selling it. 

Two years into this alleged ten year plan and they have well and truly screwed that already. 

It is a 3 year plan.  That is why the turnaround in players has been so rapid.
3 year plan, 4 windows in.  Looking for an exit.

3 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

TBF it's also not Poch's fault that our players make some of the most boneheaded mistakes because of failing to execute some of the basic fundamentals. We've seen it on an all too frequent occasion this season where we've been our own worst enemy.

I think he's the author of the boneheadedness , Caicedo constantly under pressure from three or four players as Enzo and or Gallagher aren't being told to stay put and help him as an example  . As I said previously , he's making good players look bad and average players look worse because he's not instilling any structure or patterns of play , they all look lost out there and he just sulks on the bench unable to do anything to stem the tide against us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I can well believe it.

'Their plan' has failed  .The obvious thing to do is change manager 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I think he's the author of the boneheadedness , Caicedo constantly under pressure from three or four players as Enzo and or Gallagher aren't being told to stay put and help him as an example  . As I said previously , he's making good players look bad and average players look worse because he's not instilling any structure or patterns of play , they all look lost out there and he just sulks on the bench unable to do anything to stem the tide against us.

Yes and no. There's certainly tactical things that could be changed that would make things easier, but there's also plenty of straight up individual errors that no amount of tactical adjustment or coaching would've prevented. Wolves first goal for example was purely on Caicedo being unaware and lazy in his touch and body positioning. The third goal was exactly what I spoke about the other day and the issue with having an attacking fullback on the same side as Thiago Silva. Chilwell presses up to win the ball, loses out and then it goes down the wing where he's left all the space. Thiago Silva gets burned on the outside, as expected, and the rest is what it is. 

Things like Badiashile and Thiago Silva vs Newcastle for example happen way too often.

I don't think I've seen a side make as many unforced mistakes than I have this one. And while I kinda expected it to a degree given the nature of the side, they're often coming from players who I'd generally expect a bit more from. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, xceleryx said:

Yes and no. There's certainly tactical things that could be changed that would make things easier, but there's also plenty of straight up individual errors that no amount of tactical adjustment or coaching would've prevented. Wolves first goal for example was purely on Caicedo being unaware and lazy in his touch and body positioning. The third goal was exactly what I spoke about the other day and the issue with having an attacking fullback on the same side as Thiago Silva. Chilwell presses up to win the ball, loses out and then it goes down the wing where he's left all the space. Thiago Silva gets burned on the outside, as expected, and the rest is what it is. 

Things like Badiashile and Thiago Silva vs Newcastle for example happen way too often.

I don't think I've seen a side make as many unforced mistakes than I have this one. ????¿And while I kinda expected it to a degree given the nature of the side, they're often coming from players who I'd generally expect a bit more from. 

"Yes and no" a  cop out that makes no sense