Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Aston Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/24 at 19:00

3 hours ago, east lower said:

Just checking in, is everything alright?

😉

Oh, I think we understand that alright.

Personally I also understand that you are now in selfish **** mode and are looking to get out of dodge as soon as you can, nothing good can come out of that statement. You want to alienate yourself, crack on fella you’re doing a fine job.

A lecture to the fans in pigeon english -that will do you the world of good!.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

The starting line up that got humped by Wolves was not that young with only two players under the age of 22. 

I mentioned it as if that’s the squad for tonight’s game, literally men against boys. 
😉

5 hours ago, chara said:

@east lower....hmm...I've decided to just embrace the moment and if I am in the "Twilight Zone" I suspect I am not alone...swear I saw a walking Kit Kat earlier when I went out fo pick up a Chinese takeaway and the nice lady I spoke to I'm sure she said her name was Kark Melly....

Have you been out in that wonderful wilderness that you live in, licking them funny coloured amphibians? 

The ones in the UK just give me warts, when I try it.
🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

A lecture to the fans in pigeon english -that will do you the world of good!.

There’s 6500 ish fans that will be taking half or full days off work, spending £50-60 on travel/fuel and the majority getting back home about 1am to be back up for work 6am ish for the Villa game. Might get pretty ugly if there’s no performance from the team tonight.

If they read that piece of ‘rationale’ from the poor soul that thinks he’s a competent elite level coach, he will very, very soon reach Benitez levels of unpopularity. Rather than making excuses for himself and downwardly attempting to manage expectations - he needs to win football matches against the Wolves, Brentford’s and Forest’s of the league

I was done with him a couple of months into the season, he’s doing a fine job of ensuring the majority are/will feel the same as that - Imposter.

Edited by east lower
  • Thanks 1

Petrovic

Gusto Disasi Badiashile Chilwell

Caicedo Gallagher

Madueke Chukwuemeka Mudryk

Jackson

I thought we would have a more balanced midfield this year, but thanks to injury and transfers we seem to have traded an unbalanced, goal-shy experienced midfield for an unbalanced, goal-shy inexperienced midfield. Lots of good players, but not a good mix.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, east lower said:

There’s 6500 ish fans that will be taking half or full days off work, spending £50-60 on travel/fuel and the majority getting back home about 1am to be back up for work 6am ish for the Villa game. Might get pretty ugly if there’s no performance from the team tonight.

If they read that piece of ‘rationale’ from the poor soul that thinks he’s a competent elite level coach, he will very, very soon reach Benitez levels of unpopularity. Rather than making excuses for himself and downwardly attempting to manage expectations - he needs to win football matches against the Wolves, Brentford’s and Forest’s of the league

I was done with him a couple of months into the season, he’s doing a fine job of ensuring the majority are/will feel the same as that - Imposter.

It’s also clearly because the expectation from the owners is that Poch will be able to calm down the fans via his press conferences. Good luck with that!

• Agree 1

Whatever it is, the coach can't read the room.

He might be a poor coach, but he's been around enough to know that whichever way this goes he's not going to be able to get this squad into the top four in the next season and a bit. Heck, I think he knows that target probably won't be ever achieved by him with this squad.

Far too much wrong from top to bottom for that to happen, he also probably know that he's going to get the initial blame, so he's going into personal damage limitation mode and that was predictable.

Edited by east lower

7 hours ago, chara said:

@east lower....hmm...I've decided to just embrace the moment and if I am in the "Twilight Zone" I suspect I am not alone...swear I saw a walking Kit Kat earlier when I went out fo pick up a Chinese takeaway and the nice lady I spoke to I'm sure she said her name was Kark Melly....

You been on the mushrooms Chara?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Gusto Disasi Badiashile Chilwel

Great selection puts Stewart under the CB spotlight to see if Monaco’s CB pairing can cut it against PL opposition 

• Haha 1

It would be nice to rub it in the noses of Villa's home crowd. They have been getting a bit too big for their boots this season. And because we are seen as an "easy mark" nowadays and I think opposition teams feel they are getting revenge for how dominant we used to be against them, so it rubs it in even more to the opposition when the opposite occurs in our current state.

Remember when QPR kept getting results against us, and then we had that away game at their place in our run to the title, and with the Fabregas goal and his unmasking celebration right in their faces? I'm anticipating something like that hopefully tonight.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I saw it's on terrestrial TV tonight (I don't do Sky etc.) and internally went "meh, I'll have an early night". In some senses, most even, fair play to everyone who cracks on home and away no matter what. Only opposing thought is ... We all know we're shit, anyone going knows what they are getting ... So it is kinda on them if they get very riled by what they see.

It's depressing, but whatever any of us think of Pochettino as a coach he is essentially right here. We are going to need to adapt as supporters to what our club is now, and is likely to be. He's just not the best person to be saying it!

My gut is we'll be fine, bang average, but lose tonight. Not every performance is a tragi-comedy, but more results are.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It's partially because of his accent, but also because he is trying to appear so clever, I have to work so hard to understand what he is trying to say in these press conferences... 

I would not be surprised if players simply don't even understand him!

Edited by Bones

31 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

It's depressing, but whatever any of us think of Pochettino as a coach he is essentially right here. We are going to need to adapt as supporters to what our club is now, and is likely to be. He's just not the best person to be saying it!

Are we heck! That's just being apathetic - the old "we can't change anything so why bother".

The fans got Potter out - people have argued with me that was not the case but it clearly is. If the fans had been fully behind Potter we could have still done badly but the owners wouldn't have fired him because they weren't feeling the heat.

Same now with Poch - the owners are starting to feel the heat and Poch will pay the price. Time to turn the heat on the owners! We may be stuck with them for a few years but its time we started protesting and forcing their hand.

At the very least they will want to leave when their tenure is up - we need to protest now before it's too late.

26 minutes ago, Bones said:

It's partially because of his accent, but also because he is trying to appear so clever, I have to work so hard to understand what he is trying to say in these press conferences... 

I would not be surprised if players simply don't even understand him!

One of the reasons the Chelsea fans will have little sympathy for Poch is he is essentially tasked with being a stooge for the owners.

He comes across remarkably well in press conferences - he honestly looks incredibly relaxed given shit is hitting the fan. But clearly his remit is not only to manage the team but also to represent the club "in the right way" - AKA try and present a false positive picture of what is going on behind the scenes and what is needed from the fans.

Chelsea fans are not that f'in stupid!!! They spend their money, time, energy and emotional capital willing the team on and we're not about to bow down so Poch can keep getting paid and the owners can cash in on our mediocrity. 

Poch is a yes man and signed up to be one. Get rid of him and the owners will be exposed for what they are - failures!

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

One of the reasons the Chelsea fans will have little sympathy for Poch is he is essentially tasked with being a stooge for the owners.

He comes across remarkably well in press conferences - he honestly looks incredibly relaxed given shit is hitting the fan. But clearly his remit is not only to manage the team but also to represent the club "in the right way" - AKA try and present a false positive picture of what is going on behind the scenes and what is needed from the fans.

Chelsea fans are not that f'in stupid!!! They spend their money, time, energy and emotional capital willing the team on and we're not about to bow down so Poch can keep getting paid and the owners can cash in on our mediocrity. 

Poch is a yes man and signed up to be one. Get rid of him and the owners will be exposed for what they are - failures!

Yes, I believe most of us realised that he is a yes man upon his appointment. The issue is we though he will be able to apply his style, tactics and help these young players gel into a team that would show promise. We'll judge it at the end of this season it appears, but for now it does not seem to be working well.

• Like 1

I will most likely watch tonight's game on my tablet. Mrs.A is very likely to occupy the TV with some bland(?) reality series. On the other hand, it could turn out to be much more interesting than the performance at Villa Park 😮😮

Edited by asvaberg
  • Haha 1

My sympathies, @asvaberg, my better half has choir practice tonight, so I am looking forward to exclusive use of the big telly (instead of the ancient one her mother left us) with a great sound system, a roaring log fire,  and copious drafts of a suitable anaesthetic. Now all I need is a win …… failing which I might change channels - Prime has Premier League 30 , The Special One. Nothing like nostalgia …..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

My sympathies, @asvaberg, my better half has choir practice tonight, so I am looking forward to exclusive use of the big telly (instead of the ancient one her mother left us) with a great sound system, a roaring log fire,  and copious drafts of a suitable anaesthetic. Now all I need is a win …… failing which I might change channels - Prime has Premier League 30 , The Special One. Nothing like nostalgia …..

😁 Sound is no problem as I' ve just got a pair of secondhand AKG K-501; iconic headset from late 90's, when Gullitt, Vialli and Zola were bringing Chelsea to new heights.

6 hours ago, Ham said:

You been on the mushrooms Chara?

Hmm.... not much room for comment....

But as I said dental appt at 12-00 my time...game at 1-00 it's about 15 minute drive, if that, so can't even use it as an excuse to "miss" the game so obligated by "the code" to watch.

• Like 2

I hope we see some sort of reaction tonight, just something to offer a glimmer of hope that these players and coach do actually care. If not, then it probably underlines exactly where we are and that change is needed sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I hope we see some sort of reaction tonight, just something to offer a glimmer of hope that these players and coach do actually care. If not, then it probably underlines exactly where we are and that change is needed sooner rather than later.

You lost me at "I hope..."

• Haha 1

I'm not a lover of Poch (no , really ) but I am a lover of Chelsea FC so I'm really , really hoping for a good performance from everyone tonight and a bit of togetherness and direction and that at the very least there's a glimmer of some pride in the shirt and it would be nice if we won and won well too , a fresh start if you like after a hard week. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2