Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Aston Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/24 at 19:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 4th Round Replay match against Aston Villa at Villa Park before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Wednesday, 7th February 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on ITV 4)

Dreading this already.  I used to ridicule Unai Emery by calling him Dick Emery when he was at Arsenal, but he certainly knows what he's doing and the best thing about him is he has made Stevie Me look a right mug, and he might just do the same to us.  I  certainly hope I'm wrong, but we made Wolves look like Real Madrid judging on today's result.

42 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Dreading this already.  I used to ridicule Unai Emery by calling him Dick Emery when he was at Arsenal, but he certainly knows what he's doing and the best thing about him is he has made Stevie Me look a right mug, and he might just do the same to us.  I  certainly hope I'm wrong, but we made Wolves look like Real Madrid judging on today's result.

Me too...one of the building bricks of my football "opinions" based on no logic or even proven facts ☺️ is that all "middle England" clubs between the Watford line above London and the Yorkshire/Lancashire line are low hanging fruit always good for an easy picking...to have that foundation shaken is hard for me to process.

To further emphasise my lack of football sophistication/intellect I should add looking South from SB any club below the Thames and certainly South of Carshalton falls into the same category.

Ignorance may be bliss!...... but I am still dreading this game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

My Villa supporting mate has just offered to drive me there, and that he has a spare ticket. We’ve been friends a long time, so rather than just telling him to f*** off (my natural inclination), I gently explained to him that I was concerned that I might give myself away to the Villa supporters by crying. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

I fear the players will be carrying their arses on the coach trip home after being handed them by Villa on the pitch.

I don't think you're alone in that fear mate.  

Our season could essentially be finished by the end of this week.  Sounds mad to say that when we have a Cup Final in 3 weeks time, but it's going to take a seismic turnaround for us all to feel optimistic about having any chance at all of winning that. 

At least staying in the FA Cup might give us something to look forward to, but I really worry our season will peter out if we have another bad result midweek 

If we go to 3 at the back I think we’ll see:

Disasi - Silva - Colwill

Gusto - Enzo - Caicedo - Chilwell

Nkunku - Jackson - Palmer

if we stick with 4 I think it will be:

Disasi - Silva - Colwill - Chilwell

Gallagher - Caicedo - Enzo

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If we go to 3 at the back I think we’ll see:

Disasi - Silva - Colwill

Gusto - Enzo - Caicedo - Chilwell

Is Colwill even fit to play?

57 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would go for:

Caicedo - Enzo

Nkunku - Carney - Palmer

Jackson

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

So three at the back it is. 

Petrovic

Disasi Silva Colwill

Gusto Chilwell

Enzo Caicedo

Palmer Nkunku Gallagher

Is that a 50% bonus in the Own Goal department?

Chelsea do not even have the somewhat dubious 'plucky underdog ' designation for this game,,,,, or the "anything can happen" in a Cup game trotted out media line from the  "Quotes R' Us" lexicon.

May be best to go out now even the most optimistic Chelsea follower must be like me not realistically expecting any further progress in this competition,

Quite frankly I don't believe Villa are good enough to go much further but as ever the luck or lack of it in the draw has a big influence,

I want Chelsea to win and advance,,almost need that but forget stats xg , xyz or any other alphabetical soothsaying...away from home and not "in a good place" I fear for the worst..l[ke BM I too would give away my loyalty with tears...and may do anyway.

As I type Mrs C has just confirmed a dental appt for me an hour before KO....seems appropriate,,,,close enough to home to be back in time for the start,,,a day to look forward to!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chara said:

As I type Mrs C has just confirmed a dental appt for me an hour before KO....seems appropriate,,,,close enough to home to be back in time for the start,,,a day to look forward to!!!

Maybe your dentist can give som advise in how to close the huge cavities we're struggling with in our defence 🙂

Is there a player somewhere called Caries Amalgam we can get? haha

Edited by asvaberg
  • Haha 3