Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Crystal Palace win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/24 at 19:00

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Azpi and Koulibaly were totally unreliable last season. Both unable to cope with the speed and intensity of the PL. 

Surely we're better off with less experienced players with the required engines. 

Not at all. You are drawing selective examples to fit your narrative. Experience is absolutely vital - did we need to keep every experienced player? No. We do what every other club does and phase them out bit by bit. It really isn't rocket science. 

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

there are limits, surely.

If Silva is playing for us again next season, there is something seriously wrong. Again, that's not a dig at him. 

The "something wrong" is we have no experience in the side and Poch is trying to make up for that.

Also the centre-halves we have bought have proven absolutely to be no better than Thiago at aged 39.

11 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Not at all. You are drawing selective examples to fit your narrative. Experience is absolutely vital - did we need to keep every experienced player? No. We do what every other club does and phase them out bit by bit. It really isn't rocket science. 

I don't have an agenda. Why does everyone have to have an agenda? I just disagree with you. 

• Agree 1

Silva shouldn’t be here next season, and I love the guy, but we do need more experience in the squad and I would include a CB as an area we will need experience.

Without Silva we’d have Disasi. Badiashile, Colwill, Chalobah and Fofana. I think we can presume Chalobah will be sold and Fofana is unreliable to put it politely, so bringing in an experienced and quality CB makes a lot of sense to me.

20 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Silva shouldn’t be here next season, and I love the guy, but we do need more experience in the squad and I would include a CB as an area we will need experience.

Without Silva we’d have Disasi. Badiashile, Colwill, Chalobah and Fofana. I think we can presume Chalobah will be sold and Fofana is unreliable to put it politely, so bringing in an experienced and quality CB makes a lot of sense to me.

Basically what the majority here think give or take some wriggle room.

I'm still convinced this was meant to be Silva's gentle walk into the sunset season with well managed appearances but given the attrition rate among the defenders The Poch has not had many options up until recently and even now we have an overload of defender options out injured on a long term (as opposed to a missed game here and there.)

We have seen an amazing player at SB the likes of whom are few and far between..even in his twilight years he has been a joy to watch,,,Thanks You Maestro,

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

I didn't say agenda - I said narrative!

Narrative/agenda.  Same thing in this context. We disagree on whether we are better without Silva and that's fine. 

37 minutes ago, Ham said:

Narrative/agenda.  Same thing in this context. We disagree on whether we are better without Silva and that's fine. 

Narrative is you believe in a storyline that we've got this great squad and all it is injuries that are preventing us from succeeding. Agenda is when you know there are other issues at play but you ignore them in bad faith. I think some others may have an agenda!

52 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Narrative is you believe in a storyline that we've got this great squad and all it is injuries that are preventing us from succeeding. Agenda is when you know there are other issues at play but you ignore them in bad faith. I think some others may have an agenda!

Careful. You're sounding like Droy. 

Again, it's ok for us to disagree. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Even though he makes more passes than all our defenders 🫠

He makes more passes because of the way we play - a lot of our play involves backward passes to him,so he has to to pass it to somebody else which would account for his high pass rate.

Edited by kev61
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

He makes more passes because of the way we play - a lot of our play involves backward passes to him,so he has to to pass it to somebody else which would account for his high pass rate.

Does it account for his higher pass accuracy, higher long and medium pace rate and 8th highest progressive pass distance in the league?

18 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Does it account for his higher pass accuracy, higher long and medium pace rate and 8th highest progressive pass distance in the league?

It's all Greek to me.I see a player that has come to the end of his career.The problem is we have bought crap to replace him.

I still think Chabolah is as good if not better  than what we paid a kings ransom for.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, kev61 said:

It's all Greek to me.I see a player that has come to the end of his career.The problem is we have bought crap to replace him.

I still think Chabolah is as good if not better  than what we paid a kings ransom for.

Any thoughts? 

Disasi, Colwill, Badiashile. 

Hopefully Fofana

We're in good hands at the back 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Any thoughts? 

Disasi, Colwill, Badiashile. 

Hopefully Fofana

We're in good hands at the back 

Disasi and Colwill as a unit were superb today. 

Badiashile has proven in the past he's a decent player. 

We can but hope and pray regarding Fofana. 

• Agree 1