Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Leeds win

55 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Conor Gallagher is  a much more valuable player than both of them and cost a handful of rice compared to them.

The social media mob can’t stand him, but they couldn’t stand Mount either, even when he was playing well, so there’s a pretty obvious pattern there, they’re not quite exotic enough.

Either that or they just genuinely can’t stand anyone that is perceived to be playing for the shirt, as they are labelled ‘Pashun merchants’, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I don’t know, people are so weird these days. 😂

Edited by Floyd25
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, chara said:

Heart was always with The Cat and head with Banksie.... the defeat was a bit more nuanced than 'istory tells it but it's gone and past,,,,,just watch the OT replay and see the real worth of the man..a delight to watch and an inspiration to any keeper,,then and now.

Watched him for so long ,,,until PC,,imho...there was not a better keeper at Chelsea....Eddie N and Carlo C close but for me still "The Cat".

My memory of Bonetti is a bit hazy.I vaguely remember he was a good keeper(You must be at least 5 years older the me Chara🤪).

I'm one who thinks Cudicini was better than Cech!

11 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

The social media mob can’t stand him, but they couldn’t stand Mount either, even when he was playing well, so there’s a pretty obvious pattern there, they’re not quite exotic enough.

Either that or they just genuinely can’t stand anyone that is perceived to be playing for the shirt, as they are labelled ‘Pashun merchants’, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I don’t know, people are so weird these days. 😂

I was never really convinced by Conor,but by God he has a blood and sweat attitude - one of the first players on the team sheet for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, kev61 said:

My memory of Bonetti is a bit hazy.I vaguely remember he was a good keeper(You must be at least 5 years older the me Chara🤪).

I'm one who thinks Cudicini was better than Cech!

Hey kev...don't stop being you!😁.... I actually really liked Carlo so will be happy to agree to disagree,,I know enough to go with your flow and enjoy the craic with you.

Hmm 5 years ?

Just read the Conor comment...absolutely agree probably better than I first thought and all the talent in the World is pointless without backbone and heart.

Edited by chara

33 minutes ago, chara said:

Hey kev...don't stop being you!😁.... I actually really liked Carlo so will be happy to agree to disagree,,I know enough to go with your flow and enjoy the craic with you.

Hmm 5 years ?

Just read the Conor comment...absolutely agree probably better than I first thought and all the talent in the World is pointless without backbone and heart.

Well just a quick note to you,seeing as your position was a goalkeeper.

I remember being at the game when  George Best legitimately took the ball from Banks  and scored(in the old home internationals).

The referee had never seen the thing before and gave a foul.

Gordon Banks is the best goalkeeper I have ever seen.

Edited by kev61

Agreed, Carlo was the better when it came to stopping penalties, but have to side with Petr for the other facets of keeping. And yes, I did keep goal in my teens - badly, 'tis true ... but enough to know a good keeper when I see one. I must be aged between you and Chara, as I can remember the Cat as being a paragon of virtue, and Banks as being the BMW of keepers (the one everyone says you should buy, but which isn't necessarily the best - my apologies to Beemer drivers). Guess that makes Bonnetti a Jaaaag F-Type, Carlo a Maserati Quattroporte and Petr a Mercedes SLS .... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Social media mob aren't English, couldn't give a damn what they think. All they care about are names, not actual football players. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Social media mob aren't English, couldn't give a damn what they think. All they care about are names, not actual football players. 

It's driven by Fifa ultimate team stats I'm convinced of it.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, kev61 said:

I doubt Sanchez is comfortable trying to play out from the back.The whole back line must be 'coached' to do this.

I would wager Sanchez would rather launch it to take the pressure off himself.

Playing out from back puts the whole back line under pressure.It hasn't worked in the past and will never work in the future with this squad in particular. It is the most blatantly stupid thing I have seen in the modern game.

Nah , I reckon he loves a bit of showboating . I’ve seen him do it too many times to think he doesn’t like it. 
How many times did we see Petrovic fart around with it? Never. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Agreed, Carlo was the better when it came to stopping penalties, but have to side with Petr for the other facets of keeping. And yes, I did keep goal in my teens - badly, 'tis true ... but enough to know a good keeper when I see one. I must be aged between you and Chara, as I can remember the Cat as being a paragon of virtue, and Banks as being the BMW of keepers (the one everyone says you should buy, but which isn't necessarily the best - my apologies to Beemer drivers). Guess that makes Bonnetti a Jaaaag F-Type, Carlo a Maserati Quattroporte and Petr a Mercedes SLS .... 

Well BM...I take great pains not to sound too much of a know all about goal keeping...I hope I succeed and again hopefully contribute something regarding the position and various keepers.

My congratulations and admiration Sir, for presenting a goalkeeper analysis of individuals in such a magnificent, understandable and unique way !

For me the subtle differences between say The Cat , Banksie, Jennings and others are razor thin as with many comparisons in other positions The Greats were/are obvious to any real football follower and the comparisons are in such amazing heights...for all,again as an example, that Pickford  never lets the National side down he cannot be put in the same class as the three I mention.

I prefer our new Petr to Sanchez..... rarely makes mistakes at the basic nitty gritty level as often as not taken for granted....not the spectacular worldie saves but the bread and butter ground and low angled shots that are far more awkward to deal with than might appear.

🙇

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Nah , I reckon he loves a bit of showboating . I’ve seen him do it too many times to think he doesn’t like it. 
How many times did we see Petrovic fart around with it? Never. 

Petrovic overhits passes to fullbacks which go out for a throw too much but I'd rather that than a suicide pass to the oppo.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

Petrovic overhits passes to fullbacks which go out for a throw too much but I'd rather that than a suicide pass to the oppo.  

That's something a coach can (should) deal with and work on....a suicide pass is a "Head" thing,

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Coach and work. Lol. 

Good one

Sorry Mark,,,should have said Goalkeeping Coach !..I think at last count there were 17 of them!

• Haha 1