Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Leeds win

22 minutes ago, chara said:

Been gone a long time Phil !,,,still remember first "date" will Mrs C.... letting trains go at Wembley Park not wanting to break the spell as her Dad waited at Ruislip Manor for her!....ah....Memories indeed (I don't think he ever forgave me for the cold feet he suffered!)

Beats a first date I had many moons ago.

Met a lass from Birmingham and we arranged our first date night in her city centre. I was running late to catch the train and to cut a long story short I got on the train heading south to London instead of North to Brum. 🤡

Relationship got off to a bad start and went downhill from there.😟 

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

On the train back. Sat in the Matthew Harding, atmosphere was shocking. Full of tourists. Embarrassing performance all round.

Booing Sterling off = not cool despite what you think of him

Was that the home fans? I was really hoping it was the Leeds fans when I heard it on TV...

4 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Watching Pochettino’s post-match interview and it was mainly gibberish. I wonder if that’s what his team talks are like. 

Funnily enough, I’ve watched the last few that he’s done pitchside and he really does waffle.

I know a lot of people on here couldn’t care less about what managers say to the media, but if that is his communication style, it must be difficult to interpret.   Genuinely I didn’t have a clue what he was rambling on about. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

Sat in the Matthew Harding, atmosphere was shocking. Full of tourists.

Was a bit like that when I was last there and we were very good that day, just been getting progressively worse hasn’t it, but I don’t think it’s just a Chelsea problem, it’s modern football for you. 

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Funnily enough, I’ve watched the last few that he’s done pitchside and he really does waffle.

I know a lot of people on here couldn’t care less about what managers say to the media, but if that is his communication style, it must be difficult to interpret.   Genuinely I didn’t have a clue what he was rambling on about. 

It was like he was on speed. He couldn’t stop talking and they couldn't shut him up . 
His accent is so strong that it may well be an issue that players have trouble understanding him. 

36 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Was that the home fans? I was really hoping it was the Leeds fans when I heard it on TV...

Home fans, but that’s cup games for you. Happens a bit then,

I genuinely had three behind me tonight that had been extras in the film The Witches (the one where the main characters get turned into mice) cackling and literally screaming.

54 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

On the train back. Sat in the Matthew Harding, atmosphere was shocking. Full of tourists. Embarrassing performance all round.

Expected the crowd to be flat but it's par for the course these days.

As you say, no matter what you think of Sterling (I want him moved on in the summer) fans shouldn't boo any individual off the pitch.  Booing the team is acceptable but no more than that.

Apart from the pass for an assist he was pretty awful but so too were some of the others. I don't think any of our defenders played well. Disasi gave another poor performance and I  have to say I was especially disappointed with Gilchrist. Enzo another poor game. 

Thought we were crap, got bossed by them for most of the second half.

Did ok for 30 minutes of the first half. 

No surprise that Sanchez goes in goal and we concede a crap goal from a short pass, albeit not directly by him but he played his part. You really know you’ve a poor coach when he asks players to do things they really aren’t competent at, such as asking Disasi to play like Der Kaiser. And then keeps asking him to do so.

We won, so gotta be thankful for that. 

The lad Gray (Eddie’s grandson?) might turn out to be some player.

Edited by east lower
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I wouldn't be too harsh about his finishing on Sunday.

His first effort was hardly an easy one and was unlucky to hit the post. For the second chance, their keeper read the situation very quickly, came out and  got his angles spot on and made a good save.  The third chance we can be a bit critical because he should have at least got it on target. Having said that, he did strike it well but just a bit too high, so it was hardly a fluffed attempt.

Important thing is he keeps getting into good scoring positions and is now putting some of them away. He'll probably never be another Lampard ( who is?) but his overall game has come on amazingly well this season!  Is there another midfielder in the league doing what he does as well as he does? Fully deserved a wage rise to put him up there with out top earners!

Oh yeah I was saying that tongue in cheek really.

I think Conor has been one of our best performers, always gives 100% every game and now he is adding goals he is taking his contribution up another level. If he can get to double figures a season he will be such an asset to the side in the years to come, let’s just hope we keep him!! He is the one player I will be so annoyed if we let him go, he plays for the badge on that shirt and is proper Chels.

Disappointed by the first 11 thought it was asking for trouble, though Poch said it was due to 120 mins vs Liverpool.

Early on playing out from the back looked very suspect and it cost us.

Up front a good energy and especially with Mudryk who was even chasing down their keeper.

Once they levelled at 2-2 we could have gone out as Leeds looked better than us at times.

Nice to get the win and I would not be surprised if we get into the semis.

Edited by jasonb

Same old nonsense from people who are attending possibly their only game of the season complaining about the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge. Unless you go week in week out STFU. Yes, it's not great all the time but where I was in my seat (MHL - Block 11)  it was decent. The people that moan probably do fuck all to get those around them to sing even the most basic Chelsea song. Considering we are pants at moment do not expect the vast majority of people to clap and cheer like some North Korean plebs. It works both ways, team plays well = excitement.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Same old nonsense from people who are attending possibly their only game of the season complaining about the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge. Unless you go week in week out STFU. Yes, it's not great all the time but where I was in my seat (MHL - Block 11)  it was decent. The people that moan probably do fuck all to get those around them to sing even the most basic Chelsea song. Considering we are pants at moment do not expect the vast majority of people to clap and cheer like some North Korean plebs. It works both ways, team plays well = excitement.

Same block as me

1 hour ago, ShedMiddle said:

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Was a bit like that when I was last there and we were very good that day, just been getting progressively worse hasn’t it, but I don’t think it’s just a Chelsea problem, it’s modern football for you. 

Yes all PL Clubs suffer from it. It's a general problem that Clubs should come together to solve but generating an atmosphere, standing, liveliness is so associated with hooliganism here that nothing will be done. Plus the money still flows so it's not a priority. Jealous of German Football when it comes to this. 

32 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

I don't agree with this. I have only ever been a member since I got into football as a kid in 2000-2001/2001-2002 and so the amount of games I've gone to has always ebbed and flowed per season, and sadly has declined in recent seasons due to economic priorities in my life. 

The atmosphere has gone from being generally decent regardless of opposition and even regardless of stand in the 2000-2007 period, to then only being notable in big games and MHL or Shed only from about 2007-2017 and sadly since then it appears to only be big CL games in MHL and Shed that are decent, even our big domestic derbies and rivalries have become rubbish now. 

It's weird how since the introduction of safe standing, the atmosphere has gotten even worse when you surely would expect it to get better.

Tourists, not only international but domestic casual "day out" type fans are at their highest ever level, the traditional core lively geographically local fans with Chelsea supporting heritage (home counties-London) are at their lowest ever attendance level and it shows in the atmospheres sadly. 

There are decent amount of people who want to sing at each game isolated from each other in between people who don't ding, but there is no concerted effort by us fans nor the Club to get us all seated together. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

I was especially disappointed with Gilchrist.

Actually thought he grew in to the game and didn’t play badly for a young player out of position, started poorly.

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Actually thought he grew in to the game and didn’t play badly for a young player out of position, started poorly.

I thought he was ok for a young lad.The biggest disappointments for me were again Caicedo and Enzo.Nice assist by Caicedo for Jackson,and a nice assist by Enzo for Gallagher but apart from that  they rarely feature.

They are underperforming(to put it mildly)for the price paid.

If they are the 'engine of the team' then we must of got the engine from a morris minor 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Watching Pochettino’s post-match interview and it was mainly gibberish. I wonder if that’s what his team talks are like. 

Poch has never got my attention in an interview - honestly I never come across a wooden top like him .

Conte wasn't fluent in speech but his body language and facial expressions and tone of voice wanted you to 'listen' - so you can only imagine what the players think of Poch.

Every time we concede this easy far post goal I get so angry I would sack Pochettino in-match, if it were down to me. A Conference team coach would have worked out by now how to defend their far post after watching those goals. Yet we have someone regarded as elite manager, flanked by two other coaches, and none of them has a clue what to do about it. Sack the lot now..

15 minutes ago, Siidi said:

Every time we concede this easy far post goal I get so angry I would sack Pochettino in-match, if it were down to me. A Conference team coach would have worked out by now how to defend their far post after watching those goals. Yet we have someone regarded as elite manager, flanked by two other coaches, and none of them has a clue what to do about it. Sack the lot now..

The three things that does my nut in is not putting a player of equal height to mark a player like Van dyke  from corners.

Playing out from the back when you have a goalkeeper that when he has the ball at his feet has a panic attack - and defenders that have very little ball skills. It's a recipe for disaster.

Finally.A right back and a left back getting sucked into a centre back position and leaving incoming wide players on the blind side.

55 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The three things that does my nut in is not putting a player of equal height to mark a player like Van dyke  from corners.

Playing out from the back when you have a goalkeeper that when he has the ball at his feet has a panic attack - and defenders that have very little ball skills. It's a recipe for disaster.

Finally.A right back and a left back getting sucked into a centre back position and leaving incoming wide players on the blind side.

Hmm kev...that is advanced coaching levels...no wonder The Poch missed such deep technical stuff.... no wonder you and Iget puzzled..... if only we had played a bit or even watched more football?

Edited by chara