JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Leeds win

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 5th Round match against Leeds United at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:30 hours on Wednesday, 28th February 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on ITV 4)

Ref: David Coote

VAR: Graham Scott

50 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

At least we are still in this. Something to look forward to. 

I don't think so. I watched their win against Leicester. It's definitely not going to be easy meeting them.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Their fans will make it sound like a home game for them. If we lose this then Poch is a cert to be sacked by the end of this season.

I mentioned this in the cup final thread. Our home crowd need to liven the fuck up on Wednesday night. 
And on your second sentence, he’s lucky to still be in a job now. If we lose here, he should be gone immediately. The same night.

8 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I mentioned this in the cup final thread. Our home crowd need to liven the fuck up on Wednesday night. 
And on your second sentence, he’s lucky to still be in a job now. If we lose here, he should be gone immediately. The same night.

Part of me agrees with you 100% but maybe the more pragmatic side of me says what's the point in sacking him this week...long enough of the season left for Chelsea to completely implode with a young fragile squad suddenly facing at best yet another interim.. Just accept a middle table finish and ffs get it right in the off season..(although not very confident that will happen)

1 hour ago, chara said:

Part of me agrees with you 100% but maybe the more pragmatic side of me says what's the point in sacking him this week...long enough of the season left for Chelsea to completely implode with a young fragile squad suddenly facing at best yet another interim.. Just accept a middle table finish and ffs get it right in the off season..(although not very confident that will happen)

There’s also more than long enough for them to (continue to) implode under a cowardly, uninspiring manager with no tactical nous, no gameplans and no guts. 

He’s improving no one, making some worse and fostering an acceptance of losing, playing poorly and excuse making. Prolonged time with him could end up being incredibly damaging in the medium & long term for this group. There’s plenty of talent there, it could and should be allowed to learn and develop. That isn’t happening. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

All our "best" players are now exhausted after 120 minutes.

We will lose this. No doubt.

Exactly right.

This is also a free hit for Leeds. No pressure or expectation on them to win, enormous confidence boost if they do.

They’re in good form, enjoying themselves and pushing for promotion. We’re disorganised, undisciplined, deflated and tired. This has all the hallmarks of a bad day at the office. 
And even if we do win, does it change anything? Will Poch grow a pair or suddenly be the Manager we need or want? Say we even end up getting to the Final… Does anyone seriously think we’ll win that after what we all saw from him today? 
I’d almost advocate getting rid because we’re in with the chance of another final.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

There’s also more than long enough for them to (continue to) implode under a cowardly, uninspiring manager with no tactical nous, no gameplans and no guts. 

He’s improving no one, making some worse and fostering an acceptance of losing, playing poorly and excuse making. Prolonged time with him could end up being incredibly damaging in the medium & long term for this group. There’s plenty of talent there, it could and should be allowed to learn and develop. That isn’t happening. 

Of course you are right..the obvious flip side of him staying for stability.

For me he is a non winner and not earning his paycheck, shameful.

Like most I didn't see him as White Knight riding in to lead Chelsea to glory but I did hope he would be a strong  hand steadying the ship and laying a solid foundation however slowly..(would always be too slow for us Faithfull) but time has shown that not to be so.

Something has to change soon.

• Agree 1

Even if we get through(which we should)it's highly unlikely we will win the competition with the tactical genius in charge.

When the going gets tough Poch will shite his pants like he did yesterday.

6 hours ago, chara said:

Like most I didn't see him as White Knight riding in to lead Chelsea to glory but I did hope he would be a strong  hand steadying the ship and laying a solid foundation however slowly..(would always be too slow for us Faithfull) but time has shown that not to be so.

The first thing to do is get rid of a coach that chops and changes with no logic.

...Who do we get replace him? ....Tuchel is available .It didn't work out for him in Munich but I still think he is a top manager.

Our owners will never employ him again because they have no idea about 'soccer'.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bert19 said:

Exactly right.

This is also a free hit for Leeds. No pressure or expectation on them to win, enormous confidence boost if they do.

They’re in good form, enjoying themselves and pushing for promotion. We’re disorganised, undisciplined, deflated and tired. This has all the hallmarks of a bad day at the office. 
And even if we do win, does it change anything? Will Poch grow a pair or suddenly be the Manager we need or want? Say we even end up getting to the Final… Does anyone seriously think we’ll win that after what we all saw from him today? 
I’d almost advocate getting rid because we’re in with the chance of another final.

For me he has to go now.Even if we won today it wouldn't change my opinion on Poch..

He's a wimp that is making a decent player look bad.Nkunku was supposed to be our saviour yet Poch is not giving him a run in the team since his injury..

• Agree 3

I watched them play Leicester on Friday night and they had energy, determination, aggression and quick incisive play especially in the opposition half.

If they play like that, they’ll beat us - How sad it is to think that.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

This is all we have left this season, at least until Wednesday, forget the league. 

I think you're right. I'm not sure the Club are prepared for how toxic it could be if we lose though. 

I looked at one of their fan forums, and it seems that they think they have no chance against us. Seems odd. According to the newspapers, even a scratch team playing Sunday League on the marshes could beat us. It seems that  Patrick Bamford, Georginio Rutter and Crysencio Summerville might be in doubt (slight doubts rather than v. unlikely). Also, they may want to focus on automatic promotion at this stage, and they have a heavy fixture list. My guess is that they rest a few and bring them on later if losing. That's a low-level risk.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 09:57, chara said:

This right here is why I think Poch remains until the summer at least.

The other reason, if the choice to remove him does happen, is that it'll be easier to appoint someone else who is attached at another club in the summer. Bringing in a caretaker to finish the season out with isn't necessarily a better choice, and I can't see our solution being had in anyone currently without a job to their name. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Yep he definitely will be, then it’s a case of who is the next yes man we appoint, can’t wait. 

Edited by Floyd25

2 hours ago, xceleryx said:

The other reason, if the choice to remove him does happen, is that it'll be easier to appoint someone else who is attached at another club in the summer. Bringing in a caretaker to finish the season out with isn't necessarily a better choice, and I can't see our solution being had in anyone currently without a job to their name. 

I’m serious when I say you, me, @chara wouldn’t do a worse job than the current coach.

He’s actually doing the current squad harm, not physically but mentally. It’s why he needs to go now. After tomorrow, perhaps Saturday they might actually get forced into it. 

I’m 100% serious when I say that Leeds look a better side than we do right now and given the mood on Sunday at Wembley (which I understand was emotionally negatively charged) if the result is anything but a win, it will be toxic.

I watched Daniel Farke's presser, and he said all the usual things. It was a bit of a bore, actually.  I think his issue is that he has 4 games in ten days, having to play away to Huddersfield next Saturday at lunchtime, and he is more focused on the league because it is more important to Leeds as a club to be back in the prem and he wants to avoid the lottery of the playoffs. There are still a lot of games to play though. He has a few injury issues, and he is talking about whether he can get minutes from some of his players. I think he is deliberately playing down their chances.