Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Leeds win

On 21/02/2024 at 20:05, JaneB said:

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:30 hours on Wednesday, 28th February 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on ITV)

Ref: David Coote

VAR: Graham Scott

Live on ITV, @JaneB? Alas not - or fortunately, depending upon one’s level of fortitude - it seems that we will be treated to another dose of Liverpool on ITV and Sky. Might watch in the hope that Southampton stuff them. Ever the optimist, me …. 

Damn. You’re right. Had been counting on that. So had the cat. He hates it when we lose. I think that damn’ tabby next door has told him about Zooma…

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Live on ITV, @JaneB? Alas not - or fortunately, depending upon one’s level of fortitude - it seems that we will be treated to another dose of Liverpool on ITV and Sky. Might watch in the hope that Southampton stuff them. Ever the optimist, me …. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

ITV4

Have amended, thanks.

On 21/02/2024 at 20:05, JaneB said:

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup 5th Round match against Leeds United at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:30 hours on Wednesday, 28th February 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on ITV 4)

Ref: David Coote

VAR: Graham Scott

He's awful.

I actually thought Kavanagh was very good on Sunday. Generally kept his cards in his pocket. His only big error was missing the foul by Caicedo that put Gravenberch out of the game. That was a definite yellow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Seems none of the players want to play for Poch and are playing the sick note card. 

My thought was more "Nkunku actually has the ability to win things in the next 5 years, knows he's fucked it signing for us, and wants as little of our stain on him as possible before leaving in the summer". I'd be really surprised if he sticks around, I doubt the plan at the time he signed his contract was "sell anyone who has ever achieved anything of note and adopt Leonardo Di Caprio's dating age requirements". I'd be fuming in his place.

• Haha 1

Just now, Backbiter said:

He's awful.

I actually thought Kavanagh was very good on Sunday. Generally kept his cards in his pocket. His only big error was missing the foul by Caicedo that put Gravenberch out of the game. That was a definite yellow.

Yes , I thought he did very well , maybe he'd listened when for an amazing change Pochettino highlighted what usually happens when we play them

Just now, thevelourfog said:

My thought was more "Nkunku actually has the ability to win things in the next 5 years, knows he's fucked it signing for us, and wants as little of our stain on him as possible before leaving in the summer". I'd be really surprised if he sticks around, I doubt the plan at the time he signed his contract was "sell anyone who has ever achieved anything of note and adopt Leonardo Di Caprio's dating age requirements". I'd be fuming in his place.

I suppose it helps massively to be a bit part player wheeled on out of position whenever Pochettino has finished nausing up the defence.

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

More than likely he will be used as a part ex for Kane in the summer ,🤬

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I suppose it helps massively to be a bit part player wheeled on out of position whenever Pochettino has finished nausing up the defence.

I know this is a bit by this point, but Nkunku must have had real foresight given he got injured absolutely immediately.

Just now, thevelourfog said:

I know this is a bit by this point, but Nkunku must have had real foresight given he got injured absolutely immediately.

I would imagine he knows a shit show when he sees one and having been in France when Pochettino mucked up the PSG gig probably thought - Non !

9 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

They were unable to give much support even for the final on Sunday😟 so I dread to think how flat and out shouted they'll be tomorrow night.

Speak for yourself - I'm still hoarse!

Just now, Blue Moon said:

Speak for yourself - I'm still hoarse!

Despite some of the drivel served up by the coach and the team this season, the support has been reasonable. Sunday was ok from where I was located. Home at times has been flat. Aways, good as always.

Just now, Sciatika said:

I'd be tempted to start with the same team, but Poch seems to be saying that Conor and Chilly were very tired on Sunday.

If I were Conor and or Chilly I'd definitely be "too tired" for this one 

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If I were Conor and or Chilly I'd definitely be "too tired" for this one 

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

25 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I'd be tempted to start with the same team, but Poch seems to be saying that Conor and Chilly were very tired on Sunday.

Trouble is, the both play in positions where we are short, because of injuries. 

Maybe Trev could play and Colwill at full back. 

Petrovic, Gusto, Disasi, Chalobah, Colwill, Caicedo, Enzo, Palmer, Mudryk. Madueke, Jackson 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

They were unable to give much support even for the final on Sunday😟 so I dread to think how flat and out shouted they'll be tomorrow night.

The late Alan Ball once said "In my day, the crowd used to make the plyers perform.  Now, it's the other way round".  The atmosphere at the Bridge has been a problem for a long time, even Mourinho sounded off about it once or twice.

• Agree 1