Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Wet Ham win

This poll is closed to new votes

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against West Ham United at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:00 hours on Sunday, 5th May 2024 (Local UK time/date)

13 hours ago, JaneB said:

It's on TOCWS

Agreed, but I meant. Has the date changed since it was initially announced? They seem to do that a lot, and it screws up domestic arrangements (ie those my dearly beloved has organised), which ends up with me getting it in the neck.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Agreed, but I meant. Has the date changed since it was initially announced? They seem to do that a lot, and it screws up domestic arrangements (ie those my dearly beloved has organised), which ends up with me getting it in the neck.

The Spurs match was postponed from Saturday, 24th February until Thursday night, hence the West Ham match was moved on a day from this Saturday to Sunday, 5th May.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

its crazy that we only have two days between this and the Spuds match AND westspam dont even have a mid week game.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

The Spurs match was postponed from Saturday, 24th February until Thursday night, hence the West Ham match was moved on a day from this Saturday to Sunday, 5th May.

I think the relevant question becomes, why isn't the Spuds game on Wednesday?

At least we are at home twice, as opposed to having to travel 

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

Thanks Jane. I’m still in the doghouse for scuppering a family lunch, but at least I can feel justifiably hard done by.

• Sad 1

@Blue Moon...Bad enough BM...just realised but again I have a self inflicted error meaning I miss yet another game due to a long term Clinic Appt...not me but Mrs C for a non urgent but necessarily long way out booking for Sunday am...a quick scan thing ..that's three out of the last four games!...it's 100 mile round trip..normal Colorado but not one Mrs C needs to drive to.....sigh.🩺

This is a very short turnaround and that's especially problematic given our injuries. I think it's unlikely we'll get the level of performance we got against Spurs.

Hopefully we have a couple of players returning we can use as substitutes. 

Either way we should in theory have enough to beat them... 

• Agree 1

They don't have many on the treatment table. On our side, the most likely returnees are (apparently) Colwill, Nkunku and Sterling. I am slightly less nervous about the Badiashile-Chalobah pairing, but having the option of bringing on Sterling or Mudryk on the left, Palmer on the right, and Jackson through the middle is probably giving the likes of Coufal, Ogbonna, Zouma and Emerson a nightmare. However, stop Bowen, and you stop a big part of their threat.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

We desperately need some players back. God knows what we would have done last night if we'd had gone behind.

Maybe that is what the team need: backs to the wall?

Ok...on rechecking KO time it appears I will be able to watch most of this game but will have to leave 20/30 minutes before the final whistle...so....do I watch as much as I can..albeit somewhat disrupted or rather with distractions...or do I take a more leisurely approach to the morning,(,,it's 7-00am KO) and ignore all possible score info and wait until later to watch a replay?.... any helpful views?

Nkunku and Colwill are expected to be able to lay a part in this, which will mean they'll be able to make the bench and I would hope, to only come on in emergencies, but I would avoid risking Nkunku especially or as long as possible.

Sterling could be back, which whilst his recent form is poor, just having another experienced player and option on the bench, makes a difference. Unless Gilchrist is struggling after the Spurs game, I imagine it will be the same 11 as last night.

Let's get another London derby win lads! 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, chara said:

Ok...on rechecking KO time it appears I will be able to watch most of this game but will have to leave 20/30 minutes before the final whistle...so....do I watch as much as I can..albeit somewhat disrupted or rather with distractions...or do I take a more leisurely approach to the morning,(,,it's 7-00am KO) and ignore all possible score info and wait until later to watch a replay?.... any helpful views?

Its not on at all in the UK 😞

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Its not on at all in the UK 😞

Wow!.... I guess that makes sense to the media...who would want to watch a local derby between "rivals"?

Brighton v Villa far more intense and "neutral" appealing.

Edited by chara
  • Angry 1

I downloaded Kodi (sp?), but I am not sure how to set it up. I have VPN connections to different countries. I think I need to do some reading. 😞