Jump to content
CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Nottingham Forest 2 Chelsea 3


Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

 

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. What will the result be?

    • Nottingham Forest win
      3
    • Draw
      5
    • Chelsea win
      16

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/24 at 15:30

Recommended Posts

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Nottingham Forest at The City Ground before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 11th May 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blueboy1905 said:

Hopefully the 3pm results equal safety for Notts Forest and they will come on thr pitch wearing flip flops and Hawaiinan shirts.

 I hope Burney beat Spurs so we are still in for a chance for 5th 😂

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bones said:

 I hope Burney beat Spurs so we are still in for a chance for 5th 😂

Wouldn't surprise me at all but Newcastle are likely to benefit before us. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all but Newcastle are likely to benefit before us. 

Maybe, Newcastle seemed to have peaked late similar to us. But they play United so we need United to beat them and United to lose to Arsenal. If we win our remaining games and assuming City win the FA Cup, that guarantees us Europa League football via 6th. If the above PL results happen and also Spurs lose to City and lose to Burnley, we will finish 5th and then we don't even need City to win the FA Cup in this scenario. 

Just to summarise the European positions again:

5th: Europa League guaranteed regardless of FA Cup

6th: Europa League if City win the FA Cup or if United win the FA Cup and finish 5th. Conference League if United win the FA Cup and finish below this place. 

7th: Conference League if City win the FA Cup or if United win the FA Cup and finish 6th or above. Nothing if United win the FA Cup and finish here or below. 

 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Maybe, Newcastle seemed to have peaked late similar to us. But they play United so we need United to beat them and United to lose to Arsenal. If we win our remaining games and assuming City win the FA Cup, that guarantees us Europa League football via 6th. If the above PL results happen and also Spurs lose to City and lose to Burnley, we will finish 5th and then we don't even need City to win the FA Cup in this scenario. 

Just to summarise the European positions again:

5th: Europa League guaranteed regardless of FA Cup

6th: Europa League if City win the FA Cup or if United win the FA Cup and finish 5th. Conference League if United win the FA Cup and finish below this place. 

7th: Conference League if City win the FA Cup or if United win the FA Cup and finish 6th or above. Nothing if United win the FA Cup and finish here or below. 

 

It's a lot of 'ifs'! I think 6 is the highest we can get at this point and I think realistically, it will end up being 7th and that puts us in the Conference League...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bones said:

We just need to win all of our remaining games and that's it really. How hard can that be? 😅

With many key players back from injury AND without having to use a Enzo with his "hidden" injury, it should be possible to get 9 points 🙂 🙂 

Robin Hood away - City Ground, by the River Trent:

As they went down to the river to play,
studying about a good old day,
When you shall wear the jersey blue,
Good Poch, show them the way.

Brighton Rock - We will, We will, Rock it!

Bournemouth at home - a Grand Finale for Silva, cherry-picking 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope Poch sticks with the same team for this, I see no need to shuffle the pack (unless someone picks up an injury during the week, which isn't exactly impossible) as I think these players deserve to keep playing and seeing out the season. Cameos from those returning from injury are perfect as it allows us to gradually bring them back in with minimal (for us) risk of injuries.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bones said:

We just need to win all of our remaining games and that's it really. How hard can that be? 😅

I think we can do it. The rest of the teams we play for are going to be on the beach except Forest, and Forest look awful just as we are reaching our season peak.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An intriguing fixture for testing out the recent good results given Forest have everything to play for, and could potentially assure survival with a win. I think we'll have a much, much harder ride here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

An intriguing fixture for testing out the recent good results given Forest have everything to play for, and could potentially assure survival with a win. I think we'll have a much, much harder ride here.

Doesn't a fellow relegation threatened team play before Forest?  If so, they could be playing for nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

United game is going swimmingly for us. All the pieces are falling into place for a European Tour next season. 

Careful, it’s the hope that kills you!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

United game is going swimmingly for us. All the pieces are falling into place for a European Tour next season. 

It would be very like them to fall away and allow us into the European places, then manage to win the Cup and kick us out of Europe again.

One of the other bad points about the Conference League is you have to play a qualifying round in August. If we make the Europa League we go straight into the group stage draw (although the EL group stage is now 8 matches per team whilst the Conference League is only 6 matches per team).

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

United are statistically one of the most fortunate teams in the league. They have no business being where they are and should probably be 6/7 places lower.

They're showing their actual level now, not bad form.

More importantly for us, this should be all the motivation we need. Three wins and we can get Europa league football.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Europa league would be a good experience for the young players, conference league not so much and Newcastle don’t look like slipping up, but you never know, just need to do our job though first and foremost. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As fans it always a nicer end to the season  with a good run than finish a bit higher but end on a bad run. Psychology it gives more hope. Our last few seasons  have ended in poor league form and it kind of taints the season and it’s good bits. United might finish in a similar league position to us but it will feel disastrous. 
As a team, I’m clueless where we are. It seems like things are starting to click and important players are coming back ( but probably just to get injured in the Euros). 
We have had some good bits and some bloody awful bits. That Arsenal game is not out of my system. A club like ours , with the investments made, should not be struggling to get in the Europa League. Poch is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. Before we get too excited about stuffing West Ham , this is a coach that decided to play for pens in a cup final and it cost us dearly. He’s got faults and weaknesses but if we finish on a high and get European football then I think he definitely deserves another season. 
If we sell Conner ( or even Chalobah) we will only have ourselves to blame. 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

As fans it always a nicer end to the season  with a good run than finish a bit higher but end on a bad run. Psychology it gives more hope. Our last few seasons  have ended in poor league form and it kind of taints the season and it’s good bits. United might finish in a similar league position to us but it will feel disastrous. 
As a team, I’m clueless where we are. It seems like things are starting to click and important players are coming back ( but probably just to get injured in the Euros). 
We have had some good bits and some bloody awful bits. That Arsenal game is not out of my system. A club like ours , with the investments made, should not be struggling to get in the Europa League. Poch is a mystery wrapped up in an enigma. Before we get too excited about stuffing West Ham , this is a coach that decided to play for pens in a cup final and it cost us dearly. He’s got faults and weaknesses but if we finish on a high and get European football then I think he definitely deserves another season. 
If we sell Conner ( or even Chalobah) we will only have ourselves to blame. 

This is so misleading. He didn’t play for pens in a cup final. It was obvious what he tried to do once extra time came. He tried playing counter attack against what was a very young and experienced Liverpool team. He banked on them making a mistake. It didn’t happen and was the wrong call. 
Agree with the comments about ending the season well though. I do think these things can have an influence going into a new season, albeit relatively minor. 

Edited by Thiago97
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Proud-Blue said:

United are statistically one of the most fortunate teams in the league. They have no business being where they are and should probably be 6/7 places lower.

They're showing their actual level now, not bad form.

More importantly for us, this should be all the motivation we need. Three wins and we can get Europa league football.

Yep. I remember the very first game of the season when Wolves battered them at Old Trafford and they got away with a 0-0. It's happened all season. If we had the rub of the green they have had we would probably be in a CL place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...