Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brighton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/24 at 17:30

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 hours on Wednesday, 15th May 2024 (Local UK time/date)

Might be a very entertaining game to witness.

Both sides keep the ball on the green stuff and attempt to play through the midfield. 

Be interesting to watch how we try to play through their defensive lines. Width I suspect could be crucial, trying to attack their full backs. Don’t know if the chap Estupinian (spelling??) is going to be fit, because he seems to make a big difference to their performances this season.

Tricky place to drive or train it to at the best of times, so if you’re going to the game give it plenty of time.

2 hours ago, east lower said:

Tricky place to drive or train it to at the best of times, so if you’re going to the game give it plenty of time.

Are you going? I have taken a half day to properly enjoy myself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Are you going? I have taken a half day to properly enjoy myself. 

Yes, if you’re training in and you’ve not done so - it looks like an absolute nightmare to get on a train at the station after the game. Queues are biblical. Closest free car parking is a mile and a half away (Wild Park area). Your match ticket is accepted on local buses, it’s noted on the ticket that there’s “subsidised travel” included. Problem coming away from the ground is that again the queue for the buses are also enormous. I always walk back, past the university sports pitch’s and through a housing estate back to the car. 

If there’s anything else that you need to know and I can help, just ask 👍

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe the not so dynamic duo - will conclude the clubs summer recruitment business whilst in town "Tony Bloom will be rubbing his hands"

I'll get my coat

Edited by ROTG

On 07/05/2024 at 10:32, east lower said:

Might be a very entertaining game to witness.

Both sides keep the ball on the green stuff and attempt to play through the midfield. 

Be interesting to watch how we try to play through their defensive lines. Width I suspect could be crucial, trying to attack their full backs. Don’t know if the chap Estupinian (spelling??) is going to be fit, because he seems to make a big difference to their performances this season.

I hate the A23 with a passion, it's more often than not buggered.  Not to mention the bloody awful M25 as well.  Never been by train there though.  Let's hope we don't buy anymore of their overrated players, we seem to get our pants pulled down every time we sign a player from them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueandproud said:

I hate the A23 with a passion, it's more often than not buggered.  Not to mention the bloody awful M25 as well.  Never been by train there though.  Let's hope we don't buy anymore of their overrated players, we seem to get our pants pulled down every time we sign a player from them.

Indeed to all of that.

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We must destroy the stripey Nigels.

I'm 1/8 British, but to make matters "worse", my relation (great grandmother) was from, well, Brighton........

• Haha 1

When I lived down south I lived near Dorking so was more an A24 Worthing kind of guy. Brighton and the A23 was just so Croydon, although Iived there too, pre-riots and pre-tram.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Quite a few injured for them (assuming you believe the EPL injury site) . No Mitoma, Jaio Pedro, Veltman, Estupian, van Hecke, March, Milner, Ferguson or Hinschelwood. 

Edited by Sciatika

Posted (edited)

United losing against Arsenal means we probably only need 1 win to guarantee Conference. 

For Europa we need Newcastle to draw 1 game (they play United) and win both our remaining games or if United beat them then 1 win, 1 draw is enough. 

Both assume City beat United in the FA Cup. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1

We need Spurs to lose to Man City (likely) and to lose on the last day, Newcastle to drop points to Man United (not impossible at Old Trafford) and to win our games.  If we do that, we will be fifth.

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

We need Spurs to lose to Man City (likely) and to lose on the last day, Newcastle to drop points to Man United (not impossible at Old Trafford) and to win our games.  If we do that, we will be fifth.

Major downside to this is that Spurs have got Sheff Utd on the final day.   Stranger things have happened, but they are shit 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Major downside to this is that Spurs have got Sheff Utd on the final day.   Stranger things have happened, but they are shit 

58 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

It would be extremely Spursy (and as funny as heck).

And at Bramall Lane.

I don't see it. The chance for Spurs to lose enough ground  was against Burnley and when they went 1-0 down I had hope!

I think it will be in our hands to get Europa. Newcastle have 2 away games, I know United are crap but they will give Newcastle a game (they made Arsenal sweat).

We just need to do our job. After the season we have had it will be so strange if we go out on a 5 win streak.

We are Top 4 in the 2nd half of the season, as were Villa last season, so bodes well for next term.

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

It would be extremely Spursy (and as funny as heck).

It would probably be more Spursy for them to beat City, hand the title to Arsenal and then lose to Sheff Utd. That way, everyone loses.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Trying to figure out what position we need to finish in to qualify for Europe ?? So for example if we finish 6th that will qualify for Europa Cup but if Man Utd win the FA Cup we would enter the Europa Conference league instead. Where would 7th position in the league qualify us for ??

5 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Trying to figure out what position we need to finish in to qualify for Europe ?? So for example if we finish 6th that will qualify for Europa Cup but if Man Utd win the FA Cup we would enter the Europa Conference league instead. Where would 7th position in the league qualify us for ??

Its best to figure all this out when the season is over. Lets beat Brighton first and take it from there. Bournemouth seem to be on the beach...

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

It would probably be more Spursy for them to beat City, hand the title to Arsenal

I truly pray that they lose to Man City - The Goons will be insufferable, we're all still supposed to worship at the alter of the 'Invincibles' - And that was over 20 years ago now!!!

But it would be typical W/Ham  to turn-up for their game at the weekend against Man City, after jacking it in for the last 3 weeks or so.

Just now, Miguelito07 said:

Its best to figure all this out when the season is over. Lets beat Brighton first and take it from there. Bournemouth seem to be on the beach...

Bournemouth beach is a lot nicer than Brighton beach. 😉

• Haha 2