New Striker

42 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Couldn’t Datro Fofana fill that role? He had a good loan spell last season, Duran managed five goals in 23 appearances, I don’t get why he’s considered the better player. 

well, dig a bit deeper

3 starts and 20 sub appearances is a different picture to "23 appearances".  Duran got 5 goals in 463 minutes 

Fofana, 10 starts, 5 sub appearances, 4 goals in 880 minutes 

Edit - not that stats and numbers are the whole picture 

Edited by paulw66
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

well, dig a bit deeper

3 starts and 20 sub appearances is a different picture to "23 appearances".  Duran got 5 goals in 463 minutes 

Fofana, 10 starts, 5 sub appearances, 4 goals in 880 minutes 

Okay, fair enough, still doesn’t convince me that he’s the right signing. 

15 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

Okay, fair enough, still doesn’t convince me that he’s the right signing. 

If you look at his style of play, he absolutely fits the Maresca system.  In that respect he would be the right signing. 

What potentially stops him being the right signing is his own attitude, but that can be said of any player.  Not many were singing Cole Palmer's praises when his signing was announced. It was all luke-warm at best. But Palmer took his chances and look what happened. Romelu Lukaku (the 18 year old version) looked like being the right signing too, but look at how that turned out?

It could be that Duran just wants to play and show what he's capable of. If he gets that opportunity, maybe his alleged off-field behaviour will improve? Looking at him, I see a bit of Diego Costa in him. Very physical. Loves winding up defenders. The sort of player you hate if they're an opposition player, but that you love to have on your side.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2