Chelsea 2 Everton 2

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 18th March 2023 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

6 hours ago, asvaberg said:

I think it would be wise to have the same lineup as at Leicester. Or?

Would make sense to keep most of it as is. 

I could however see Sterling and RJ return should they deemed fit and replace Mudryk and Loftus-Cheek respectively in the starting line-up.

Mount would make the bench if he's also fit

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, asvaberg said:

I think it would be wise to have the same lineup as at Leicester. Or?

I think i'd bring Badiashile in for Cucurella and Reece back in if he's ready (though i'm not too opposed to offering him a bit of protection and RLC did well on Saturday).  Suppose you could argue Raheem for Mudryk too.  

But I think anything more than a couple of changes would be a bit much if everyone is fit. 

A fast start and an early goal or two would be good.  You'd imagine Everton will want to sit in and then try to pick us off at set-pieces, we've got to get better at being brutal for opponents in the earlier stages of games in order to take that option off the table for them. Couple of quick-fire goals in the first 25-30 mins would be just the ticket. 

Edited by Bert19
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Bert19 said:

I think i'd bring Badiashile in for Cucurella and Reece back in if he's ready (though i'm not too opposed to offering him a bit of protection and RLC did well on Saturday).  Suppose you could argue Raheem for Mudryk too.  

But I think anything more than a couple of changes would be a bit much if everyone is fit. 

A fast start and an early goal or two would be good.  You'd imagine Everton will want to sit in and then try to pick us off at set-pieces, we've got to get better at being brutal for opponents in the earlier stages of games in order to take that option off the table for them. Couple of quick-fire goals in the first 25-30 mins would be just the ticket. 

I agree , as good as Cucurella was last game , this one will call for some height and physicality as they are going to try to lump the ball forward as much as possible  so Badiashille is a must , and guys , please , no soft free kicks around our area please ( as if we have any control over the agenda boys from the PGMOL)

Agree with those saying Badiashile back in and obviously if fit, James walks back in. Then it's between Sterling and Mudryk and I think realistically Sterling should go back in if he is fit, but I hope Mudryk gets decent time off the bench. Hopefully, Mount can get some time in as well.

Kepa

Fofana - Koulibaly - Badiashile

James - Enzo - Kovacic - Chilwell

Sterling - Havertz - Felix

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Doesn't bode well does it?

I'm really disappointed with the attitude. I know it's unfortunate that he's fallen foul of the new salary structure while his mates have had lucrative new contracts but it was up to him not to dick about with negotiations. Time's now moved on and the future is Fernandez/James/Chilwell. We've got a lot of players to get rid of in the summer and unfortunately for him he plays a position with a lot of competition. If he can't get in the match day squad then I'm afraid he's gone.

16 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Anthony the cheat Taylor is the ref, wants Liverpool in Europe so after the Casemiro red card put your mortgage on one for Enzo from this ass. Hole. 

Not sure where you got your information from Mark but mine is that Darren England is the Ref with Chris Kavanagh on VAR.

I know you hate AT with a passion, and who can blame you, but I doubt even he can give out a red card from the sidelines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Not sure where you got your information from Mark but mine is that Darren England is the Ref with Chris Kavanagh on VAR.

I know you hate AT with a passion, and who can blame you, but I doubt even he can give out a red card from the sidelines.

I saw it posted elsewhere , so more fool me  for believing it lol.

• Confused 1

On 14/03/2023 at 23:49, boratsbrother said:

Dislike Everton almost as much as the other lot in red.

Hope we duff them up really bad and put them back in relegation trouble.

Not sure I'd put them in the same bag at all tbh. Everton are the sort of team that are guaranteed to punch above their weight against us. Blue collar players with a blue collar manager. We should beat them, however...

5 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Not sure I'd put them in the same bag at all tbh. Everton are the sort of team that are guaranteed to punch above their weight against us. Blue collar players with a blue collar manager. We should beat them, however...

which is exactly why I will be dancing a jig when they go down.

On 14/03/2023 at 08:30, paulw66 said:

Was allegedly fit on Saturday 

I see Mount is in the England squad while Sterling misses out as he is "unfit". Begs the question is fitness or lack thereof anything to do with Mount missing the last couple games or is bloody mindedness surrounding his contract.

I suppose there is a rising expectation that we will win this game given our recent results.

Potter will be under scrutiny for the rest of the season.Win and there will be a slight shift in his favour - lose and he is under the spotlight again.

On 14/03/2023 at 08:36, Mark Kelly said:

Doesn't bode well does it?