Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

If he goes with his gut Frank will send us out as a 4-3-3 but if things really are that bad back at Cobham then his head may convince him to stay with a 3-5-2 for Wolves although god knows who will start in attack in that case. Aubameyang and Sterling maybe? Do you know what though? I hope he sticks two fingers up at the doubters and go:

Arrizabalaga

Fofana - Koulibaly - Badiashile

James - Kante - Fernandez - Cahill

Mount

Aubameyang - Sterling

This looks a whole lot stronger once Silva returns from injury and assuming Kante doesn't pull another sickie. On paper, at the beginning of the season, before everything went to hell in a hand cart this is the sort of lineup that would have been expected to be challenging for the title. As it is the best laid plans failed first contact with the enemy.

So glad this is on at a proper time, 3pm Saturday, Will be glued to the 5th Stand. Fingers crossed.

Kante must be being saved for Madrid, which does make sense. Chilwell potentially the same as well, but that selection does surprise me.

Aubameyang back in the bench also an interesting one, I wonder if he’ll get on.

I am surprised by the number of changes, including formation, given how little time he’s had with the players… but if it comes off and we get a result, he’ll instantly get the players on side.

Being over in Seattle at the moment, I’ll actually get to watch the 3pm kick off live on tv for a nice change… or at least I hope is a nice change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

But he's been in the squad for the last two games?

Idk, won't read especially deeply into it. Especially with Madrid coming up.

The official website says that he's being "managed" after injury with big European games on the horizon. 

4 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

But risk KK is worth it? Badiashile isn't on the CL squad

He can’t rest everyone ahead of Madrid he obviously thinks Chilwell is vital to the plan he has for Madrid… or he just fancies Cucurella today (which I hope is not the case!)

• Haha 1