Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Chelsea 0

JaneB

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers at the Molineux Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 8th April 2023 (Local UK time/date) 

12 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

This could be a  game best watched on Ceefax, Wolves for me are  probably the dullest, most boring side in the PL, and a lot of our games against them were best watched on Ceefax!  Hopefully our forwards can find their shooting boots.

Watching on Ceefax was nail biting! Waiting for the page with Chelsea on to scroll round hoping and praying that we’d scored! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Watching on Ceefax was nail biting! Waiting for the page with Chelsea on to scroll round hoping and praying that we’d scored! 

Hmm,,try being up in a mountain village with only scratchy BBC World Service Sports Report fading in and out....that was nail biting! (you know where!)

We will absolutely trash them if we can overcome the location (height) of the historical ground - 483 FASL is massive 🙂

Kepa

W.Fofana - Badiashile - Cucurella

James                                                              Chilwell

Kante -       Enzo

Felix - Auba - Sterling 

image.png.9d09dedbec78f7bcea3e57b3bc5e8cc6.png

Wolves..(along with Newcastle) is a club I struggle at my whimsy level to take seriously...not a football playing  comment...but every time I see them or read of them I see Billy Wright,baggy shorts and floppy shirts....and Diego in that weird gold cracks me up.

• Agree 1

So, what will Franks second first team be? It will be interesting to see if Mount is suddenly fit enough to start. My guess would be he’ll stick to 3 at the back.

Kepa

Fofana - Koulibaly - Badiashile

James - Kante - Enzo - Chilwell

Mount - Sterling - Felix

Just started a thread on Frank yet is waiting approval by Mods.

For me if James and Chilwell are fit it should be a back three.

Yet if Kante plays will he play in a midfield two or three?

Enzo and Kante have not played together like this. 

The midfield determines the number of outright attacking players.

On Mount, Franks appointment will probably determine if Mount really wants out...........

11 minutes ago, jasonb said:

On Mount, Franks appointment will probably determine if Mount really wants out...........

I very much doubt Lampard getting the temporary gig will have any influence on whether or not he signs a new contract. Who might be the next (semi) permanent manager, what role they see for Mount going forward, the length of contract and the money (basic + bonuses + image rights) will all be many rungs further up the ladder than getting game time in the remaining games of this season.

Edited by Bob Singleton
Typo
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I very much doubt Lampard getting the temporary gig will have any influence on whether or not he signs a new contract. Who might be the next (semi) permanent manager, what role they see for Mount going forward, the length of contract and the money (basic + bonuses + image rights) will all be many rungs further up the ladder than getting game time in the remaining games of this season.

I agree yet he might suddenly appear on the bench........

23 minutes ago, jasonb said:

I agree yet he might suddenly appear on the bench........

Mount was on the bench for the last two games, though it was hinted at that he wasn't quite ready yet to play. Prior to that he served a one game suspension and was also out injured (including being withdrawn from the England squad). I'm not sure where this idea from some people (maybe not you specifically @jasonb) that he's deliberately been frozen out by Potter (or Bruno Saltor Grau) has come from.

Well we have his contract issue and he hasn't played for five matches with very little detail on his injury and with a lot of press speculation.

I think even before when he was playing he was 'off the pace', now that may be due to Potter, I'm hoping Frank coming back will encourage him to find his best form.

We certainly need goals and Mason at his best can deliver some,

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So, what will Franks second first team be? It will be interesting to see if Mount is suddenly fit enough to start. My guess would be he’ll stick to 3 at the back.

Kepa

Fofana - Koulibaly - Badiashile

James - Kante - Enzo - Chilwell

Mount - Sterling - Felix

This is exactly what I had it down as earlier when I did it in my head! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Kepa

James Fofana Koulibaly Chilwell

Mount Enzo Kante 

Sterling Aubameyang Mudryk 

I'd consider Badiashile for Koulibaly but otherwise 👌

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think we're unlikely to see much of Badiashile or Aubameyang until after Madrid as they're both not in the CL squad and I expect SFL will want to see what he has before we play Madrid.  I suppose he could play both today incase Havertz and Koulibaly get injured against Wolves but I think he's going to pick the team with one eye towards Madrid. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1