CFCnet 23/24 awards - RESULTS ARE IN!! ×

Chelsea Womens Team

Michael Tucker

8 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

I agree. I'm really hoping she didn't say it.  I'm also hoping this thread doesn't go the way of the reddit thread...

Won’t let it.

I kept my answer very succinct on purpose as I knew it might open a can of worms.

@Ham and @thevelourfog (if the latter wants to reply) can you carry on by dm?  Thanks 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Just deleted your last post @Chelsea_Matt

You know why 😡

Agree with you Jane but is so easy to get drawn into comments with the frustrations of woke'ism and politics.

I will wait until the full public review but feel very uneasy as I get JT like vibes,,,a lip reading policeman now a complaint. about a vile comment allegedly....  from a serving policeman who must hear such things on a daily basis...doesn't make it right or acceptable but,,,,, the slippery slope as we saw with JT...agenda?

Again,,I hasten to emphasise I await the full story.

• Agree 1

Not the best of situations for Kerr to be in.

Wanting to tread carefully given the nature of the matter, as a white Australian (albeit, with an ethnic background), I don't really find it all that offensive per se. 

Not going to delve into things more than that, just hope the situation can be resolved promptly for everyone's sake.

I’m mean she could have got in trouble just calling him a stupid bastard I suppose!! Maybe he was 😀 
It is odd , throwing the ‘white’ thing in there . Not sure what to make of it really. I actually thought she was white herself , but if she identifies as a “person of colour” then I suppose she’s bang to rights. 
I wonder what the other white players think. Tbh I doubt they are bothered . Heat of the moment, few beers inside her. 

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Surprised at you TVF as I thought you hated all forms of racism or was the victim the wrong colour? 

Also surprised with Emma Hayes and the club offering their support for Kerr.

What if this was a white player calling a black police officer a "bl*ck b*stard"?

How would that sit with you?

I'm not going to get into politics with you, and it's disappointing but not surprising that the mods have allowed you to do politics. Again. While making a veiled personal dig.

What I will say is one should look at what the conviction sought is. I can well believe a police officer was upset or offended by what was (allegedly) said, and I wouldn't defend it in terms of, idk, basic decency.

But causing offence or upset is not a criminal offence (and I'd assume you'd not think it should be). I have a hard time accepting a police officer was  genuinely "alarmed" or "distressed", in the legal sense that they had any reasonable fear for their safety or wellbeing, by this comment. People say shitty, including racist, things all the time. Condemnation of that, fine. Litigation at the public expense, pointless.

Besides which, none of us know that she's said anything of the sort. Should I be making some sort of dig here about my expectation that you'd be among the first here crying "innocent until proven guilty" if a player you liked was accused of racially abusing a black copper?

15 hours ago, JaneB said:

Won’t let it.

I kept my answer very succinct on purpose as I knew it might open a can of worms.

@Ham and @thevelourfog (if the latter wants to reply) can you carry on by dm?  Thanks 🙂

Sorry, didn't see this. I don't think it's especially fair for a post that makes an incorrect assumption about me and misrepresents what I said to be left up and that be the end of it, though. I didn't say anything about abuse of some people being fine and abuse of others not. I said prosecution was pointless.

From what is in the public domain, it seems a bit of an over-reaction to me from the Police and CPS - A formal caution and note towards future conduct might have been the proportionate action. That's assuming she actually said what is reported as being said.

Heck, I see worse behaviour towards the Police on Police Interceptors/Traffic Cops on every episode.

Edited by east lower

The context here will be interesting.

My understanding was she was in a taxi, it could be she thinks the police were racially stereotyping the car it would certainly not be the first time.

This could get messy.

• Agree 1

Nobody should be talking politics on here, because we know how divisive it can be and this is a place for light-hearted banter and the occasional lukewarm exchange of differing views related to the beautiful (or in Chelsea's case, not so beautiful) game.

Let's not make this place harder for Jane and all of us Mods to keep it running smoothly, please.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, jasonb said:

The context here will be interesting.

My understanding was she was in a taxi, it could be she thinks the police were racially stereotyping the car it would certainly not be the first time.

This could get messy.

Well depends who was in the car with her because , I doubt very through a car window, at night she could instantly be racially profiled. I couldn’t even tell what ethnicity she was on a football field with a million watts of floodlights. 

5 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Congratulations, women. Job well done and the silverware is yours for the taking😁

Absolutely although Arsenal women (like the men) seem to have something over us at the moment. 

Not super confident about the final. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

I've said it before but Lauren James has the ability to be the best player in the world. 

Chelsea 2 nil up inside 20 minutes. 

Now 3-0 on 30 minutes 💙

• Haha 1

Real Madrid away aside, that's the best concerted Chelsea performance I can recall for years. 

Absolutely brilliant. 

When Arsenal swatted us away earlier in the season I thought the power was shifting.  I needn't have worried.

Even with Kerr, Bright and Mayra injured, they battered Arsenal.  Should have been 6-1 but their keeper had a worldie of a performance. 

💙💙💙

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 2

Great performance. Lauren James is already world class. She has so much time, skill and strength.

Rytting-Kaneryd was excellent too. Tactically they snuffed out Arsenal. A great start to the weekend.