Chelsea 2 Nottingham Forest 2

JaneB

6 hours ago, jasonb said:

Think this will be a draw.

Could you not be more optimistic - or pessimistic ?🙂

At this stage of the season and in our predicament  I would rather we win or lose.A draw will just get no reaction here.

We need something to smile about or cry about - a draw has no use until next season!.

I hope we play Mudryk and Noni wide.Feed them and let them take on defenders one on one.

Playing through the middle will never work.Wide players (or wingers)will always be the hardest to defend against.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I’m going to be incredibly frustrated if we’ve stopped Lewis Hall going to the u20 WC only to start Azpi at left-back 🥴

Wouldn't be that surprising given Hall isn't a natural left-back either, while Azpilicueta is club captain and likely playing his final few games for the club. 

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

I’m going to be incredibly frustrated if we’ve stopped Lewis Hall going to the u20 WC only to start Azpi at left-back 🥴

Yeah, it would seem pretty unfair to prevent him going to just be back up left back to Azpi for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Wouldn't be that surprising given Hall isn't a natural left-back either, while Azpilicueta is club captain and likely playing his final few games for the club. 

He isn’t a LB, but can and has played there for us a good few times and always done a decent job. Azpi makes more sense at RB for his final games, purely because clearly his legs have gone and the rest of his body isn’t far behind, so having him on his natural side would make more sense.

49 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, it would seem pretty unfair to prevent him going to just be back up left back to Azpi for the remainder of the season.

From next Sunday we have 3 games in eight days; even if Azpi starts today - and maybe even next Sunday's too - it's unlikely he's going to start all those games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kev61 said:

Could you not be more optimistic - or pessimistic ?🙂

At this stage of the season and in our predicament  I would rather we win or lose.A draw will just get no reaction here.

We need something to smile about or cry about - a draw has no use until next season!.

Forest have won 2 of the last three matches and Chelsea have lost the last two home matches.

Forest can potentially go down and we are safe.

Would expect us to go a goal ahead and then take our foot off the gas and pay the price.

Hopefully I am wrong and we take all 3 points...............

31 players used this season. Most clubs don't even have that many players in their squad. 

Mudryk should have started over T-rex.

Good to see Wes on the bench. 

As I've said before, 2-0 Chelsea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

The smoking jacket has been altered and a new cigar is ready.

I’m that confident of a win this afternoon.

Brought Drogba and Ricky Carvalho to mind as they celebrated 3-0 against United in 2006

• Like 1

Not the team I'd have fielded, let's put it that way. 

If Forrest are smart they'll note Mendy being in goal and a young midfielder playing fullback and press us high with intent. Can see us struggling to play out from the back, so I hope Lampard has instructed a more direct approach to be had.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Kante injured?

Heard whispers of a groin injury picked up yesterday, no idea on timeframe out or severity. Not 100% confirmed however.

Edit: Lampard confirmed groin injury, set to miss two weeks.

Edited by xceleryx
  • Thanks 1