FA Cup 2023/24

JaneB

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we reckon Sterling or Mudrych gets the penalty that the very over-rated A. Taylor has just awarded Bruno Fernandez?

And that is why players go down when getting the slightest of touches.  A disease caused by modern refereeing and coaches.

Edited by east lower

11 minutes ago, east lower said:

Do we reckon Sterling or Mudrych gets the penalty that the very over-rated A. Taylor has just awarded Bruno Fernandez?

And that is why players go down when getting the slightest of touches.  A disease caused by modern refereeing and coaches.

Is that the same ref who seems to have forgotten his cards today...might have missed something as I tended to drift away watching this game!

Another game that reinforces my lack of enthusiasm for non Chelsea games....I/m no analyst and admittedly easier watching from the couch not on the field but it felt like every situation I knew where the ball was going!

Watching a "bad" Chelsea game at least has the joy if a win but elsewhere most games seem to me to be  as bland as a non sauce enhanced pasta dish on a cold plate!

Edited by chara

20 minutes ago, chara said:

Is that the same ref who seems to have forgotten his cards today...might have missed something as I tended to drift away watching this game!

Another game that reinforces my lack of enthusiasm for non Chelsea games....I/m no analyst and admittedly easier watching from the couch not on the field but it felt like every situation I knew where the ball was going!

Watching a "bad" Chelsea game at least has the joy if a win but elsewhere most games seem to me to be  as bland as a non sauce enhanced pasta dish on a cold plate!

‘Twas a poor game, flicked between it and a cop show about Notts police, the latter being only slightly more interesting but with a common theme, namely the wrong-uns get off without a booking! That’s the modern day UK for you. 

Mr Taylor would have booked ours readily for some of the stuff that happened in the game.

Felt some sympathy for Wigan yesterday Utd fouled them on two turnover breaks before the penalty and just a free-kick given.

To be fair Wigan fouled one of Utds players and could have been a yellow.

Utds striker Hojlund looks like a prospect for how Torres and Morata were for us..........

18 hours ago, east lower said:

Not a chance.

Even smaller if he was the ref.

Compare that penalty with the one that wasn't awarded in real time for the foul on Madueke

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Bristol City vs Wet Spam has proved worth watching. BC up in the 3rd minute, and Benrahma sent of at 51m for kicking Williams in the Crown Jewels. Hope it stays 1:0 , but don’t want to hex it

3 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Bristol City vs Wet Spam has proved worth watching. BC up in the 3rd minute, and Benrahma sent of at 51m for kicking Williams in the Crown Jewels. Hope it stays 1:0 , but don’t want to hex it

Wham!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

No footie on the box tonight, except Bournemouth v  Swansea (Abertawe to those of you from over the Severn). Not understanding the commentary is a distinct relief. Perhaps Sky might try this for the PL?

34 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

PS it was 5:0 at halftime, and stayed the same

Always liked the look of David Brooks, looked good again tonight. Injury prone and was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma, which he thankfully beat and recovered from. 

Can’t seem to get a regular start for Bournemouth though, before his diagnosis he destroyed us in a 4-0 defeat. Mid-week game that was an absolute nightmare to get to, accidents and roadworks - an hour and 30minute journey took over 3 hours and we walked in just as the game kicked-off - Should have turned around.

Rumours going around that he’s looking for a move.

23 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That’s a very winnable 5th round match to get to the 1/4 finals, so makes the replay even more important.

I think we have enough in the squad to beat Villa too, just hope it comes together. 

• 2 weeks later...