Everton 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Everton at Goodison Park before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 14:00 hours on Sunday, 10th December 2023 (UK time/date)

I reckon nobody cares.I think most folk will wait until our current manager is replaced to get excited again.

How can anyone give any sort of contribution to the next game when there is little to glean from the last - except we are shite.

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

This one is easy .

Home win. 

I think you are probably right, because whilst they don’t have our talent, they are everything we are not. 
The only chance I give us, is if we get ahead within first 25 mins of the game. The longer this stays level within the first half, the more likely Everton are to win the game imo . 

Everton at Goodison is always a battle. I kind of like the club, always having to fight with the co-city club in red. They really have my sympathy, actually.

And I don't like them moving away from Goodison. I like original/genuine football stadiums.

Of course, a win here is great (always a pleasuere to win in that city). But this season a win would be massive, a draw acceptable.

1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Everton at Goodison is always a battle. I kind of like the club, always having to fight with the co-city club in red. They really have my sympathy, actually.

And I don't like them moving away from Goodison. I like original/genuine football stadiums.

Of course, a win here is great (always a pleasuere to win in that city). But this season a win would be massive, a draw acceptable.

You can change the club's owners, manager, coaches, players, sponsors, kit suppliers, but you can't change certain things. Even if we were coming off a 4-0 win at OT I'd still be expecting a bad day up there.

• Like 1

Seriously the next 6 are far far more important than the Man U game where losing by the odd goal at OT is no disaster in our aim to reach 10 more points than last year.
These are all game we have good chances to win.
Everton, Sheff U, Wolves, Palace then followed by Luton and Fulham for the 2nd time.

Target?  You tell me, but 10 to 12 points I  reckon (16 if we were chasing a CL place).
Everton are one of the harder teams, with 17 points actually achieved, just 2 less than us.

image.thumb.png.acf578e2b5a9d1653cf2a40fe5a8844b.png

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Jordan Pickford with an assist. 

That's my prediction. 

For them or us?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

Yes true however that’s what high energy pressing does. I can already see us getting frustrated with Sanchez passing them the ball several times due to it. 

I’m with you, just their energy will probably be too much for our delicate youth to deal with or our coach to find a way to beat.

Mind you Trippier’s air-shot was quite amusing 😂

1 hour ago, east lower said:

I’m with you, just their energy will probably be too much for our delicate youth to deal with or our coach to find a way to beat.

It’s not the coaches fault the team are sub standard.  That’s down to Winstanley & Co giving poch the worst Chelsea team for two and a half decades 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

It’s not the coaches fault the team are sub standard.  That’s down to Winstanley & Co giving poch the worst Chelsea team for two and a half decades 

But it is his fault, that he’s not improved any of them. It could be realistically argued that a good number have regressed.

Wasn’t it muted that improving younger players was one of his strengths? He sure as heck isn’t showing that or doing simple things like Moyes did tonight - they couldn’t beat Spuds press, so he got his team to stop playing out from the back and went a bit longer, supporting Bowen with Kudus. Simple really, but even that seems beyond our fella.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

Really do some research 

SFL scored a couple of the best goals ever seen in a game. 

I was at the game you are referring to (the one with the long distance Drogba winner?). 2006-2007 season. Only time I have been there. 

But it was similar to St James Park for us from my memory. Had a quick look at the history now and it confirms it wasn't a happy hunting ground for us over the whole Roman era. We never consistently won at Goodison Park. 7 PL wins there during his tenure. 8 PL losses. 

Although what constitutes the"good old days" is down to interpretation. We lost 3 times in a row at the end, by which time the "good old days" were definitely over (despite the Cup wins). 

_20231208_031630.thumb.JPG.97ed646206c14b7db30561aa390a606b.JPG

• Like 2

We will lose this. Everton have far too much fight in the team and are way too organised for us to get anything. We definitely won’t score against them as we won’t be able to break them down and we’ve seems they’re very capable of scoring themselves.

I predict a crushing defeat and then the pressure will turn up on Poch and I do think the board may actually pull the trigger soon. We’re crap and no signs of improvement at all.