JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The good news is the ref is Michael Oliver who is the least cretinous / cheaty of the bunch, the bad news is VAR is Stewart Atwell who's appalling. 

It won't make a difference. My prediction is a 3-0 defeat for our boys tomorrow.

I don't think I can bring myself to watch it this time either, not just because the results haven't been great, it's not even the performances or lack of them or the lack of fight and desire, but it is because I am struggling to feel any connection to this current team and club as a whole and I'm struggling to find enjoyment when watching this club at the moment and surely that is the point of watching football?

It isn't helped by the constant overuse of VAR and still having ridiculous decisions seemingly come up every week (not just in our matches) or the extreme use of injury time, which for me is also making it less enjoyable. Maybe I'm just getting old, but this current version of the sport I love is hard to love at the moment.

edit - The Ayew sending off sums up why football isn’t as fun to watch as it used to be. No way he should be sent off for two yellows.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Good news , Pochettino has said that Enzo and Caicedo need to improve .

If only there was a way he could help them .

Maybe the club can employ someone to work with them inbetween games?

I touched on this the other day.

How can any coach fix the fundamental and huge faults in their game?

It is literally impossible for a coach to turn a desperately slow player into one that is quick enough for the fastest league in the world. The only way Enzo can compensate for the huge problems his extreme llack of pace is   causing, will be for him to start spraying the ball around left, right and centre with defence splitting passes and chip in with some goals and that isn't going to happen. With Caisedo we have nothing more than an athletic spoiler with the footballing ability of a division one player. Again, no coach is going to be able to fix that 

They are two signings on the Lukaku level of disastrous and the sooner the owners are told by the manager that they need to be moved on the better it will be for the progress of the team. 

41 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I touched on this the other day.

How can any coach fix the fundamental and huge faults in their game?

It is literally impossible for a coach to turn a desperately slow player into one that is quick enough for the fastest league in the world. The only way Enzo can compensate for the huge problems his extreme llack of pace is   causing, will be for him to start spraying the ball around left, right and centre with defence splitting passes and chip in with some goals and that isn't going to happen. With Caisedo we have nothing more than an athletic spoiler with the footballing ability of a division one player. Again, no coach is going to be able to fix that 

They are two signings on the Lukaku level of disastrous and the sooner the owners are told by the manager that they need to be moved on the better it will be for the progress of the team. 

I completely disagree on Caicedo; we saw how brilliant he was at Brighton last season. I have to think there is a proper player in Enzo as well, but we paid over the odds for both of them. Any player we buy will rot because the entire club is dysfunctional and there is too much pressure on these youngsters - the same will invariably happen with Nkunku.

Until we get some experienced characters we are repeating this failed experiment, the very definition of insanity. I was behind Poch until the United game because he has been dealt a losing hand, but is plainly obvious to me that he cannot get a tune out of these players any more.

Edited by Max Fowler

23 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I completely disagree on Caicedo; we saw how brilliant he was at Brighton last season. I have to think there is a proper player in Enzo as well, but we paid over the odds for both of them. Any player we buy will rot because the entire club is dysfunctional and there is too much pressure on these youngsters - the same will invariably happen with Nkunku.

Until we get some experienced characters we are repeating this failed experiment, the very definition of insanity. I was behind Poch until the United game because he has been dealt a losing hand, but is plainly obvious to me that he cannot get a tune out of these players any more.

True, I agree about United. He really did look crestfallen. Is there ANYONE who could get them playing? I don’t think we’ve signed totally shit players - some are, mind, but definitely not all. 

2 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Not completely relevant but...

Sounds like another Chelsea Football Twitterite saying a lot of words without saying much at all.  

Loves the sound of his whiney voice.  

12 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

True, I agree about United. He really did look crestfallen. Is there ANYONE who could get them playing? I don’t think we’ve signed totally shit players - some are, mind, but definitely not all. 

We could get a new manager bounce, pick up a few wins and improve our fortunes short-term.

I have to think we should be doing better than 10th/11th with these players. Medium-term there are issues with the current squad that will hamper us from achieving more than some kind of European football.

We may have failed to win too many times with Poch that the players have lost confidence with him. Not all his fault - you can blame luck, injuries, a poor hand. Once belief in a manager is gone, it's nigh on impossible to get that back.

To quote Tuchel again:

"You can overcome one loss, a short period… but it cannot be too long otherwise nobody trusts the process no more."

Edited by Max Fowler

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Good news , Pochettino has said that Enzo and Caicedo need to improve .

If only there was a way he could help them .

Maybe the club can employ someone to work with them inbetween games?

You mean someone like a highly paid Head Coach?.....bit revolutionary there Mark!

I really don’t think the problem is with Caicedo or Enzo. You can stick Makalele and Essien in their prime in this team but you’d still have Mudryk, Sterling and Jackson playing upfront. 

Just get a set of proven forwards/wingers and I bet Enzo and Caicedo will suddenly look great. That’s really where we need to fix things. 

• Like 1

Just now, Original 21 said:

I really don’t think the problem is with Caicedo or Enzo. You can stick Makalele and Essien in their prime in this team but you’d still have Mudryk, Sterling and Jackson playing upfront. 

Just get a set of proven forwards/wingers and I bet Enzo and Caicedo will suddenly look great. That’s really where we need to fix things. 

DD and Diego (as easy examples)made things happen just by being on the pitch...able to play their role and in the old way.."keep a defence honest"..plus taking no s**t and frightening many a tough defender.

A "long" ball was a real threat when there were players there to fight for it and with it...now?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, chara said:

DD and Diego (as easy examples)made things happen just by being on the pitch...able to play their role and in the old way.."keep a defence honest"..plus taking no s**t and frightening many a tough defender.

A "long" ball was a real threat when there were players there to fight for it and with it...now?

I 💯💯💯 agree. But who’s available? Snoop Drogg was so exceptional. So exceptional. Diego too, to a lesser extent. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I 💯💯💯 agree. But who’s available? Snoop Drogg was so exceptional. So exceptional. Diego too, to a lesser extent. 

Who indeed.....Diego,,,to a lesser extent..agree..but if only we had that sort of "lesser" option now,

Not living in the past but the contrast is so painful,

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

We could get a new manager bounce

We better hire Zebedee if the team needs a bounce. 

I’ll get my coat. 

Edited by ROTG
Classic Del Boy: he’s got more bounce than Zebedee 😀

32 minutes ago, Leo said:

It honestly would not surprise me if we won tomorrow so is the yo-yo of this team. 

The just-below-elite Chelsea of the last 5 or 6 years of Abramovich's time here would routinely crumble against a cornered Everton. 

I don't think we have a single hope in hell tomorrow.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Players should be held responsible for their own individual performances. Quality players will still be able to do their jobs well even if  those around them are not.

Kane always looked world class even in a team that was nowhere world class. Enzo has been branded as "elite" by some on here yet looks nothing more than a bang average £25 million journey man level player piddling about making a 101 meaningless passes in the middle of the pitch.