Chelsea 1 Newcastle United 1 (Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties)

JaneB

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Really? One mistake aside we've been much the better team. 

Don't let the truth staring you in the face get in the way of a good moan-fest.  

This place boils my piss.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Really? One mistake aside we've been much the better team. 

I don't care about playing well, honestly it means nothing at all in the grand scheme of things. Being efficient, ruthless, effective, and winning, those are the things that matter, we can dress it up all we want but managers play a huge part in mentality and Poch is just far too Spursy; and it has rubbed off on the players, and the fans are also buying it that keeping the ball just so you don't have to run and tracks players is somehow great football. Winning is what matters, winning ugly is great, winning pretty is a bonus.

Edited by Gurj SS

1 hour ago, chara said:

Sort of watching the ESPN (stream)build up here...listing of the Newcastle crippling injury list but unless I missed it no Chelsea list,,,sound off,,,guess who the commentators are? (Not sure what coverage there is in UK and elsewhere)

I am looking forward with interest to see how our keeper plays under pressure from a half decent side.

Aside...now Cooper is gone...who is the less than handsome winner in the good looks table?

What is it with you and Steve Cooper Chara?

Personally I find Daniel Farke quite attractive.  It’s all subjective 😉

3 minutes ago, Gurj SS said:

I don't care about playing well, honestly it means nothing at all in the grand scheme of things. Being efficient, ruthless, effective, and winning, those are the things that matter, we can dress if up all we want but managers play a huge part in mentality and Poch is just far too Spursy; and it has rubbed off on the players, and the fans are also buying it that keeping the ball just so you don't have to run and tracks players is somehow great football. Winning is what matters, winning ugly is great, winning pretty is a bonus.

Yeah that was all on Poch 👏👏👏

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Yeah that was all on Poch 👏👏👏

You can't replace 20 players, so replace the 1 manager and bring in someone who knows how to make the team get results; then take it from there. If we can't grind out wins then the team won't progress, and if they don't progress then it isn't like 10-15 years ago, there are more than just 2-3 competitiors in the transfer market and players will pick better placed teams.

Do we look a bad team or a bad set of players. YES.

Anyone thinking otherwise has been at Todd, his zoolander side kick, Whinstanely and Laurence's billion pound, sickly kool aid.

Club and squad (apart from a handful...and a few of them will get sold to balance the hedge fund books) are an embarrassment on so many levels.

Bring on the points deduction and relegation, wash this abscene mistake of a club era away.