Chelsea 1 Newcastle United 1 (Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties)

JaneB

18 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Ah ok, never heard of a league position clause before, seems they dodged that question.

I think it is so they can guarantee making the payment without breaching FFP.

Let's assume they finished 12th, and weren't in Europe, they wouldn't want to be saddled with a 30m commitment in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Did that in a Tottenham Court Road pub, turned out to be a Georgie pub. Disgraced myself when the first goal went in, and thought it best to leave.

You can always hope that they'll turn out to be closet Black Cats, Smoggies or Monkeyhangers.

A pub of diaspora Geordies, must have been interesting!

Oh gosh the monkeyhangers haha. Sadly I can assure you many will be Geordies and not Smoggies and definitely not mackems. To be fair, they're all good banter really.

I find Smoggies to be the most fun of them all, but I don't think I'll be seeing many tonight.

Hopefully we'll be better since it's at home as others have pointed out...

Edited by Proud-Blue

19 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

A pub of diaspora Geordies, must have been interesting!

Oh gosh the monkeyhangers haha. Sadly I can assure you many will be Geordies and not Smoggies and definitely not mackems. To be fair, they're all good banter really.

I find Smoggies to be the most fun of them all, but I don't think I'll be seeing many tonight.

Hopefully we'll be better since it's at home as others have pointed out...

Howay the lads - spent a reet few days in the Toon in ma youth.

Enjoy a few broons the neet, but stay awa fra the hinnies doon the Bigg Market, they're geet lush but stank o tabs!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Enjoy a few broons the neet, but stay awa fra the hinnies doon the Bigg Market, they're geet lush but stank o tabs!

Reminds me of “Viz” with Sid the sexist, Biffa Bacon, the fat sl*gs etc. 

Very funny “comic” back in the day.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Divn't gan on man. 

34 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Brilliant 🤣

The Bigg Market is still terrible, and must admit I'm not the biggest fan of Newcastle Brown either. Some people in that particular area do indeed smell of tabs, regardless of their attractiveness. 

Also a lot of people are very orange and they don't seem to wear many layers even in arctic conditions.

Seriously though I do love it here otherwise. It's quite a special city.

I'll never get the accent though...

19 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

Brilliant 🤣

The Bigg Market is still terrible, and must admit I'm not the biggest fan of Newcastle Brown either. Some people in that particular area do indeed smell of tabs, regardless of their attractiveness. 

Also a lot of people are very orange and they don't seem to wear many layers even in arctic conditions.

Definitely one of the nicest cities in the UK.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Ah I love a Bi-Lingual  respected member!,,,what a depth of talent we have gathered here🤣

• Haha 1

Newcastle XI: Dubravka, Krafth, Lascelles, Botman, Livramento, Guimaraes, Longstaff, Miley, Almiron, Gordon, Wilson.

Subs: Karius, Gillespie, Trippier, Dummett, Burn, Murphy, Ritchie, Hall.

Edited by Sciatika

1 hour ago, Proud-Blue said:

Brilliant 🤣

It’s a great city - I ruined my health there in the early 70s, and one of my old muckers still lives there.
Warm memories of staying opposite the station and being awakened at 01:00 by a couple of hinnies in an open top white Beamer driving round in circles with their T-shirts off - in mid-winter- calling out “anyone fer a shag, lads”.  What a city!

What people forget is that pubs used to sell Scotch or Exhibition. If you asked for a bottle of Scotch in an Ex pub the bill was unexpectedly high.

Stayed in the Malmaison last visit a few years ago, and visited the night club in the top floor - only to see Ruud being thrown out for not being a resident. He was not beloved.

But I do love the place ….

Just now, Blue Moon said:

Ps why am I feeling so appallingly optimistic?

Me too! I don’t understand what’s happened.

Im putting it down to Christmas, or we’ve been so poor for long enough that our expectations have dropped sufficiently that nothing can hurt us anymore and so it’s just about watching a match of football.

It could just be the wine.