Chelsea 1 Newcastle United 1 (Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties)

JaneB

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

As has been said numerous times, most of them were not signed to be good enough to make us a good side this season. They were bought to develop us into a good side over the next few years.

So far they're yet to look like they will do that over the next few years, and we've got to keep in mind the teams above us will recruit.

1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

I would take out Caicedo, and put Nkuku on

I honestly don’t know what I’d do, nothing is actually going to make us better as too many of them out there aren’t playing to maximum capacity.

Gallagher the only one that can yet again, walk off that pitch with his held high and probably the only one who has worked up a sweat.

Thought it was a really good performance from us.  Seem ‘at it’ and as Paul says, one mistake aside we’ve dominated them.

Need to remember we’ve got two CB’s playing at full back against one of the most compact teams in the league. 

Gallagher and Caicedo superb again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I honestly don’t know what I’d do, nothing is actually going to make us better as too many of them out there aren’t playing to maximum capacity.

Gallagher the only one that can yet again, walk off that pitch with his held high and probably the only one who has worked up a sweat.

Not Caicedo...seems to be on the same wavelength as Conor,,,,,I agree with Sam I really don't know what can be done for the best,,,maybe get Raheem to run himself out rather than pace himself then bring on Nkuku..again..I don't know ,,,sigh.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Thought it was a really good performance from us.  Seem ‘at it’ and as Paul says, one mistake aside we’ve dominated them.

Need to remember we’ve got two CB’s playing at full back against one of the most compact teams in the league. 

Gallagher and Caicedo superb again. 

I think playing them as a 2 in a 4231 is the way to go. Enzo some time on the bench

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sorry, trying is the wrong word, what I mean is they aren’t coming out and at us too much, they’re very content to absorb our attempts at attacks.

They're not having to attack, granted because we gave them a goal. 

• Agree 1

Do we look a bad team or a bad set of players?  No.
Do we look capable of accumulating anything like 2 points a game for a season?  No.

52 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Great, Caicedo. Totally unnecessary yellow

and could have been a red - I'd have beenscreaming for a Red if it were on us.
Likewise both Longstaff and Colwill got lucky for that incident.

18 minutes ago, Bigpokey24 said:

He has been at the club for almost 1 year, tell me what he has done. How many games can we point out of Enzo dominating play ?  I do not understand or see anything he brings to improve this squad

The first 20 games Fernandez was brilliant.  Stood out a mile in Blue.  Some memories are short, some even shorter.

7 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Gusto warning up

and Colwill limping off.  Who gets to play LB?  Certainly we need a more fluent FB

Just now, paulw66 said:

They're not having to attack, granted because we gave them a goal. 

Yes - strange that they sat back to defend so immediately.