Chelsea 1 Newcastle United 1 (Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties)

JaneB

43 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Just prolongs the agony of losing in the final due to a disputed 99th minute winner with no var.

Think there is VAR in the final, so if we get there we can slightly alter what you’ve said to - losing the final to a hotly disputed VAR decision to the heroic reds

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Screenshot_20231220_230227_X.jpg

Well.......

One of my most embarrassing moment being a  Chelsea fan came from a 7-2 defeat at Ayresome Park 45 years ago . It still hurts though the FA Cup final with the stunning diMatteo early goal really helped ❤️😁

Edited by asvaberg

1 minute ago, asvaberg said:

Well.......

O of my most embarrassing moment being a  Chelsea fan came from a 7-2 defeat at Ayresome Park 45 years ago . It still hurts though the FA Cup final with the stunning diMatteo early goal really helped ❤️😁

Something about playing teams from that neck of the woods over the decades, performances have been either outstanding or toilet without any real middle ground

When they come down souf its completely different 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Just prolongs the agony of losing in the final due to a disputed 99th minute winner with no var.

Be more interesting if it went to penalties, to see which keeper would refused to come off 😀

Edited by ROTG

15 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I reckon they will go for Liverpool vs Boro and us vs Everton. That way, they will assume a win for the "world's greatest team"™ and a high-profile game for the final, irrespective of who wins the match. I am, of course, assuming the draw is a fiddle. 

The words "Epic Fail" come to mind - on my part.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

Took me a minute to get that 😂

I am struggling to get past this mental image of a middle aged man wearing a Chelsea shirt watching the league cup draw with two of his four testicle resting on the radiator. 

A low budget remake to the Christmas song, Chesnuts roasting on an open fire..... 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I am struggling to get past this mental image of a middle aged man wearing a Chelsea shirt watching the league cup draw with two of his four testicle resting on the radiator. 

A low budget remake to the Christmas song, Chesnuts roasting on an open fire..... 

Takes me back to “Viz” again….

A4304D93-0A54-4371-AB0A-68B902D7CCAD.jpeg.eeb00077422762c28e412bab3073477e.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Thanks paulw66!...used to love the smell of the chestnuts roasting on the street vendors fires....now I am getting a totally different offertory aura!

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Thanks, chaps

You've reminded me to get in a barrel of my favourite Christmas tipple from my local brewery.

Perfect for manspreading in front of a roaring log fire...

image.png.2c2cb70a224eafbf5b21af2d6b09caf8.png

This doesn"t count as an alcoholfree alternative, right? 😁😁😁

Screenshot_20231221-194856.png