JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brentford win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Brentford at the GTech Community Stadium before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hours on Saturday, 2nd March 2024 (Local UK time/date)

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

Got to say i’m dreading this. They’re a poor side, but always seem to have our number. Not really sure what we’ll have left in the tank for this one.

It's got so that I dread every match,,,,to repeat yet again..it's the hope that kills you...and I am feeling less and less of that as the end of season begins to appear on the horizon.

24 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Nah, Brentford  only ever beat us at the Bridge.  We are unbeaten in all our games at their place, so we have a chance, hopefully Toney doesn't turn up again like against West Ham.

What's the betting he does?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

4 points off 7th place (likely Europa League) with a game in hand

Wow

I did not expect to anyone something like this written about the club. How time and expectations have changed. 

Todd & Eggy just keep giving. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am in the very fortunate position of not just being unable to watch this match, but also unable to even check the score, at least not until well into the second half.

I’ve got a feeling we’ll lose this one and it will be one of those really awful displays where we never look like scoring  even though we’re dominating possession and then gift them stupid goals with stupid mistakes.

The joys of being a Chelsea fan this season.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I am in the very fortunate position of not just being unable to watch this match, but also unable to even check the score, at least not until well into the second half.

I’ve got a feeling we’ll lose this one and it will be one of those really awful displays where we never look like scoring  even though we’re dominating possession and then gift them stupid goals with stupid mistakes.

The joys of being a Chelsea fan this season.

Hate to overdo the OG thing but part of the cycle for some of us slightly older chaps!🚴‍♂️🚵‍♂️🏆😵😞🍾🥂⛈️🌞

Their coach saying they’ve got all their first choice defenders out injured, will probably mean that they will play two lines of at least 4 in each line, possibly a 5 and play on the break and for set-pieces. 

Wonder if our bloke is smart enough not to fall for the set-up. Attacking width and someone in the inner areas who has the vision and ability to pick out the wide man runs inside. Not a game for Madueke, I would give Mudrych a go and get to alternate between wide and a 10. He had a better game against Leeds and got himself a goal. Give him some continuity and 🤞some confidence.

4-2-3-1 sort of shape when attacking and 4-5-1 when defending.

54 minutes ago, chara said:

Hate to overdo the OG thing but part of the cycle for some of us slightly older chaps!🚴‍♂️🚵‍♂️🏆😵😞🍾🥂⛈️🌞

I'm loving your new emoji obsession @chara Just don't turn into @Chelsea_Matt

• Haha 1

We will win this, because:

A) it's a very short trip, almost like being home but not as fierceful as Arse/Sp**s derbies away

B) they are rubbish, cool maybe, but rubbish- it's a MUST win

C) both Silva and Cucurella could be back for this, and that will strengthen our defence

D) Palmer will shine again and score twice

E) Jackson has finally found his way into the net

F) Enzo shooting will be excellent

G) Sanchez has practiced and is clever with his goal kicks

😁😁😁

Ps: no, I'm not drunk or on any "exciting" tobacco or other stuff. All above is just a dream, isn't it......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

I'm loving your new emoji obsession @chara Just don't turn into @Chelsea_Matt

41 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

👀🤪🤣

Ah Jane..I can but dream of emulating The Master..... just an acolyte sitting at his feet.🙇

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

G) Sanchez has practiced and is clever with his goal kicks

😁😁😁

Ps: no, I'm not drunk or on any "exciting" tobacco or other stuff. All above is just a dream, isn't it......

Sanchez + kicking/ball at feet = nightmare

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, east lower said:

Their coach saying they’ve got all their first choice defenders out injured, will probably mean that they will play two lines of at least 4 in each line, possibly a 5 and play on the break and for set-pieces. 

Wonder if our bloke is smart enough not to fall for the set-up. Attacking width and someone in the inner areas who has the vision and ability to pick out the wide man runs inside. Not a game for Madueke, I would give Mudrych a go and get to alternate between wide and a 10. He had a better game against Leeds and got himself a goal. Give him some continuity and 🤞some confidence.

4-2-3-1 sort of shape when attacking and 4-5-1 when defending.

Not sure about Mudryk.  Brentford is a small pitch, they’re physical,  won’t create any space and will have 2 lines of 4 like you say.   I’d actually be tempted to play Madueke for that very reason as I think he can beat people in tight spaces and open the game up. 

Something like this for me…

Petrovic 

Gusto   Disasi   Colwill  Chilwell 

Caicedo  Gallagher

Madueke.      Palmer       Sterling 

Jackson 

Enzo to start on the bench as he’s in danger of burn out, plus Gallagher is a bigger goal threat currently. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Not sure about Mudryk.  Brentford is a small pitch, they’re physical,  won’t create any space and will have 2 lines of 4 like you say.   I’d actually be tempted to play Madueke for that very reason as I think he can beat people in tight spaces and open the game up. 

Something like this for me…

Petrovic 

Gusto   Disasi   Colwill  Chilwell 

Caicedo  Gallagher

Madueke.      Palmer       Sterling 

Jackson 

Enzo to start on the bench as he’s in danger of burn out, plus Gallagher is a bigger goal threat currently. 

Yep, I like this.