1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brentford win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

33 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

@Thiago97 Here goes (tables from Soccer stats):

image.png.718371ecd391319d041f3c621499d7fe.png

The pattern is quite different.

Thanks. Its quite different both ways if we are being fair.

Clearly, things are not as good in the second half this season( inexperience and naive players clearly contribute on this too)

Whilst we are seeing improvement in the first half.

The overriding point remains though. We can’t just blame Poch for the current 2nd half table, yet gloss over the first half improvement . He is either a factor in both or none.

Poch clearly has some input in both areas here. I have talked about lack of leadership and lack of game management for months now. It’s blindingly difficult obvious that both players and manager need to improve this.

Anyone who thinks this issue , in the majority, is down to our manager is completely deluded imo. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

That would be me then. Guilty as charged

Well you only have to look at the evidence in front of you here Mark.

Experience is crucial when it comes to closing games out. These players have proved on numerous occasions they struggle to cope with set backs, and they struggle to withstand pressure from the opposition.

You could ask any manager you want to pick 6 players (midfield/defence)to close a game out, to secure a win or a draw in the 2nd half of football - Vast majority of managers are picking option A over option B

A - Azpilicueta, Koulibaly, Silva, Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount

B - Silva , Disasi , Colwill, Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher

So I am not surprised we are seeing such a drop off - Option A without Silva are getting on close to 2000 top level games between them - Option B without Silva have about  less than half that amount of top level games and experience between them. 

40 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Anyone who thinks this issue , in the majority, is down to our manager is completely deluded imo. 

You can also add me to the "list of deluded" if it helps, thank you 😁

3 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Well you only have to look at the evidence in front of you here Mark.

Experience is crucial when it comes to closing games out. These players have proved on numerous occasions they struggle to cope with set backs, and they struggle to withstand pressure from the opposition.

You could ask any manager you want to pick 6 players (midfield/defence)to close a game out, to secure a win or a draw in the 2nd half of football - Vast majority of managers are picking option A over option B

A - Azpilicueta, Koulibaly, Silva, Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount

B - Silva , Disasi , Colwill, Enzo, Caicedo, Gallagher

So I am not surprised we are seeing such a drop off - Option A without Silva are getting on close to 2000 top level games between them - Option B without Silva have about  less than half that amount of top level games and experience between them. 

I can of course see where you are coming from but looking at the big picture I don't think Pochettino is doing anything like enough work tactically or positionally with the players , having seen his laughably bad press conferences where he speaks absolute nonsense I don't think the players know what to do.

When you have a young side I would imagine unless they're all super gifted ( which ours definitely aren't) you should instill some structure , some ground rules , some expectation .

I'm seeing none of it . 

It's precisely because we are so flaky that we need the coaches help and he doesn't appear to be giving it.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So you dont think a draw was fair?

No. This was a must win game against a side who lost 11 of their last 14 league games heading into the match.

Rubbish like Chilwell pretending it was a good and fair result is very much part of the reason why we are where we are. Standards are at an all time low. 

2 hours ago, Bison said:

No. This was a must win game against a side who lost 11 of their last 14 league games heading into the match.

Rubbish like Chilwell pretending it was a good and fair result is very much part of the reason why we are where we are. Standards are at an all time low. 

you are arguing different points.

there is a difference between what is a good result, and what is a fair result. 

• Agree 1

On 05/03/2024 at 07:33, asvaberg said:

You can also add me to the "list of deluded" if it helps, thank you 😁

Me too...it's come to a "I'm Spartacus" moment.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2024 at 20:29, Bison said:

Wonder who that point was against! 

This was a good result according to our vice captain. 

He said it was a fair result, not a good result.

but you know that.