25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brentford win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

13 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

People want JM. WTF is he gonna do this lot

That would be a slow motion car crash.

Mou has clearly said in the past, multiple times that he works best with the older breed of player who respond to tough love, a la Zanetti, JT, Motta, Carvalho etc.

He can't coach the younger multi million divas who are overpaid and overrated because they don't understand each other. Which is why his star is waning, not just his tactics are stale but the type of player he needs to win are retiring.

So, no we do not need or want Mou.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bertles86 said:

Mou has clearly said in the past, multiple times that he works best with the older breed of player who respond to tough love, a la Zanetti, JT, Motta, Carvalho etc.

He can't coach the younger multi million divas who are overpaid and overrated because they don't understand each other. Which is why his star is waning, not just his tactics are stale but the type of player he needs to win are retiring.

The 2005 title winning team was the youngest in PL history 

JT was made captain, aged 24

Joe Cole, Robben, Duff were all u25

Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho all 25/26

1 hour ago, bertles86 said:

I can see him making the defence more organised but that will be at great expense to the progress being made in our creativity and goals being scored. It's taken us years to start fixing the lack of creativity and goals, so what would be the point in dealing with one issuel and bringing back two old ones?  We'll go back to being in trouble in every game in which the opposition score a single goal.

Once the initial joy at seeing an old fav return passes  the grim reality will set in. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ROTG said:

Wow robots in a 45 game season. 

Good job we won be getting into Europe in the near future, one would dread to think how those little darling would react. 

And with their bodies not use to playing 3 games + extra time in 6 days is  probably why they are knackered.. It doesn't matter if they were all paid a million quid a week, the body and mind can only take on so much in a period of time.

48 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

JT was made captain, aged 24

Joe Cole, Robben, Duff were all u25

Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho all 25/26

But this was 20 years ago.

Society and the new generation are different.  Softer, entitled.  I just don’t think you can get away with rollicking them in training sessions like managers used to (ie JT’s story when him and Cahill gave the ball away in training and Mourinho told them he was going to sign two new CB’s if they didn’t sort their shit out 😂)  Or when he would make a sub in the first half if he didn’t like what he saw.  Nowadays players would be on the phone to their agents, who’d want a meeting with the Sporting Directors etc.

Love Mourinho, he’s my favourite ever Chelsea manager but I just don’t see any scenario where he comes back and it’s productive.  He either quickly alienates the players or hierarchy or both. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I didn't mention age.

Mou works best with the players of a certain mentality prevalent 20 years ago.

We’re at a point for me where it’s:

Anyone But Pochettino (hereby referred to as ABP). 

Alternatively an All Points Bulletin - “Can anyone find the club formally known as Chelsea FC, they’re lost and need rescuing “

Any competent coach improves us, 

• Agree 3

If you remove the young ones who rarely played in 2005, the average age was a little over 25. Currently, ours, including Silva (39) and Bettinelli (31) is 23.5. The average age of the top clubs is Man City (26.2), Liverpool (25.6), Arsenal (24.9), Villa (26.3). On that basis, we should be ready to start competing in two years. 

25 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

If you remove the young ones who rarely played in 2005, the average age was a little over 25. Currently, ours, including Silva (39) and Bettinelli (31) is 23.5. The average age of the top clubs is Man City (26.2), Liverpool (25.6), Arsenal (24.9), Villa (26.3). On that basis, we should be ready to start competing in two years. 

We might get away with such a plan if the younger players were learning from playing alongside more experienced ones in the team.  But this strategy of bringing in youngsters with “potential”, on low wages, in the hope they’d magically “grow” together, while losing matches, losing self-belief, and losing the faith of the fans, strikes me as a gamble that’s not paying off right now. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, johnnybozo said:

Clownsea FC strikes again. Don't recognise this club anymore. Destitute celebrations when scoring from players who have no respect for the shirt. Sack them all apart from the homegrown and play the U18s

Yes that's a very sensible solution. 

I can't see any issues with that

🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

We might get away with such a plan if the younger players were learning from playing alongside more experienced ones in the team.  But this strategy of bringing in youngsters with “potential”, on low wages, in the hope they’d magically “grow” together, while losing matches, losing self-belief, and losing the faith of the fans, strikes me as a gamble that’s not paying off right now. 

It's not meant to pay off right now. It's meant to pay off when Liverpool and Man City start to decline after the departure of Salah, VvD and KdB, and we are left with a team of world class players, signed by a visionary recruitment team, who have grown up together through challenging times, playing in a new billion-pound stadium. We just need to be patient and trust the process. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

It's not meant to pay off right now. It's meant to pay off when Liverpool and Man City start to decline after the departure of Salah, VvD and KdB, and we are left with a team of world class players, signed by a visionary recruitment team, who have grown up together through challenging times, playing in a new billion-pound stadium. We just need to be patient and trust the process. 

So around 2035 then?

14 hours ago, RDCW said:

Be honest with yourself, do you think we would be in this state with this team if we had Klopp, or Guardiola as coach? My view is that we would be top 4 despite the stupidity of the recruitment process.

As proven last summer with enrique and Naglesmann, decided to steer clear of the squad. 

Both klopp and Guardiola select there playing staff and would struggle if the were given the Chelsea packet of dolly mixtures with a sell date of 8 years.

Would loved to be proven wrong and eat humble pie, however it would seem the only pie will be eating  in the near future is the ones that go with mash, liquor and eels 😀

42 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Word of advise. 

Time for you to stop eating marshmallow pies with rocking horse people. 

57 minutes ago, ROTG said:

As proven last summer with enrique and Naglesmann, decided to steer clear of the squad. 

Both klopp and Guardiola select there playing staff and would struggle if the were given the Chelsea packet of dolly mixtures with a sell date of 8 years.

Would loved to be proven wrong and eat humble pie, however it would seem the only pie will be eating  in the near future is the ones that go with mash, liquor and eels 😀

They wouldn't come for the reasons you state but if they did we'd be immediately better. 

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I’ll have whatever it is you’re having bro 💭 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Word of advise. 

Time for you to stop eating marshmallow pies with rocking horse people. 

Maybe you think you're being funny but can we stop all the personal insults?

How many more times?

And it's advice...

24 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Maybe you think you're being funny but can we stop all the personal insults?

How many more times?

And it's advice...

He must know my post was tongue in cheek. And his reply  must have been posted in the same spirit of irony.

Or have we both misinterpreted it?

4 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

He must know my post was tongue in cheek. And his reply  must have been posted in the same spirit of irony.

Probably not.  I might have done though, so apologies to you both if so.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Probably not.  I might have done though, so apologies to you both if so.

Your point is valid Jane regardless of the rights and wrongs of the posts referred to,,,,,

I saw them as harmless TIC but it is a reminder that things can be misinterpreted and away from open wound post match pain we should all maybe think things through before hitting the reply button?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

Your point is valid Jane regardless of the rights and wrongs of the posts referred to,,,,,

I saw them as harmless TIC but it is a reminder that things can be misinterpreted and away from open wound post match pain we should all maybe think things through before hitting the reply button?

Thanks Chara and you're absolutely right.

However, on this occasion I probably overreacted instead of looking at the context of the posts 😞

Still in a bad mood from yesterday, or from the whole season!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I got that your post had to have been tongue in cheek but I'm not sure Rob did.  

5 hours ago, ROTG said:

So the short answer is yes you do. Well suffice to say we differ on that. These resources are nowhere near as bad as Pochettino is making them look.

• Agree 1