Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brentford win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

Just now, Backbiter said:

Liverpool are two points better than us as a first half team, but FORTY points better as a second half team.

Astonishing. I'd say that is related to the respective managers' in-game management: how they react to the opposition, how they adapt their formations and make tactical substitutions. It is also reflective of the teams' differing mentality/ will to win.

💯💯💯👀

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, east lower said:

One other thing, Enzo Fernandez was a 2 out of 10 today. He was that bad.

I just got back. Enzo is ducked, looked in a worse state than me on my Wednesday 5 aside. The anger is real , not just the play but, the shit that surrounds these American clowns who want to replicate the super bowl - they don't get it

Everything about us is embarrassing at the moment! It hurts the ways club is being run! I fell victim of the f off chant -something I never do but was so angry.  Literally have no voice after 3 games in a week, I've put in more of a shift than the lot of hem! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ROTG said:

Starting line up Average age of 24 not sure anyone can hide behind the young players excuse. 

Be honest with yourself, do you think we would be in this state with this team if we had Klopp, or Guardiola as coach? My view is that we would be top 4 despite the stupidity of the recruitment process.

• Agree 2

I think fans are going a bit OTT with their criticisms today.

Yes, it was a pretty poor performance overall, especially the defence, but this has been their third game in a week, two of which were draining, both physically and mentally.   Even  Gallagher looked tired, so I can imagine how knackered the rest of them were feeling. They are humans not robots!

2 hours ago, east lower said:

No, last season we drew this 0-0, and against a better Brentford .

I think the point was that we wouldn't have come back had they gone ahead. 

2 hours ago, east lower said:

I knew 😉

Have a look at out record as regards comebacks this season - It’s disappointing to say the least. 1-0 up today and Brentford could barely lay a glove on us. We go in for half-time and come out way second best again - and it keeps happening. One person to blame.

I’m waiting for anyone to tell me what is this coach’s playing style? He changed things again today, no wonder the players look lost. Trying to be a clever coach, when he’s far, far less than a competent one.

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think the point was that we wouldn't have come back had they gone ahead. 

Yep - see above.  👆 👍

This bloke is so poor, I am leaning towards Potter being superior to him and I thought he was poor. 

The last time I remember such a serious disconnect between manager and fans was obviously the FSW but you know what, at least he won us a trophy and at the time we thought 3rd position was a travesty.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.899c76c44f4ebeb501cc236bd9f668eb.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Holymoly said:

The last time I remember such a serious disconnect between manager and fans was obviously the FSW but you know what, at least he won us a trophy and at the time we thought 3rd position was a travesty.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.899c76c44f4ebeb501cc236bd9f668eb.jpg

Well that's the thing. CL qualification used to be a given and not winning the title was a travesty. That shows how far we have fallen. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Been out all day with the family, so didn’t bother to keep an eye on the score as I knew exactly what would happen. Our results and performances are so predictable.

Poch needs to go, it’s very clear. He won’t until the summer, which means we’re suffering through this until the end of the season.

I’m so over it now, I just hate it all so much. Our club has been utterly torn apart and has yet to be put back together.

Same here. Been out, just checked the score.

I have watched every single game since the start of the season, but I just could not generate any interest after the loss in Wembley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, east lower said:

Yep - see above.  👆 👍

This bloke is so poor, I am leaning towards Potter being superior to him and I thought he was poor. 

I was bemused by the spell leading up to the two goals..miskicks. missed/lost tackles bouncing ball all around the goal mouth....like watching a headless bunch of  chickens...panic spreading everywhere and no calming influence anywhere least of all from the side line ...50/50 challenges turning into 70/30 forget about winning any 60/40 confrontations.

WTF indeed.

Some criticism of Palmer drifting around....a young player in his first full season playing regularly with expectations assigned to at least 4/5 season maturing players.,,, and he still looks more of a player than most.

Brentford are a crap side playing crap football but with only survival ambitions and a wish to keep dining at the top table albeit at the lower end.

Chelsea as a Club ?...I no longer have any idea what the motive  is for playing... 

We as followers may be far too unsophisticated to see long term business plans and of course watch on a match to match basis rather than with an eye on five or more years down the road but Football Is The Game first and foremost with financial viability and profit as part of the big picture..not the other way around...imho.

(Of course if the Game goes belly up in ten years time or turns into a media broadcast event rather than live attendance THEY will be in a great financial position ..either with huge real estate assets to flog or the ability to down size and just provide a good pitch for the screen after selling off assets )

🗡️👷‍♂️🤹‍♂️🪂🔕 (How am I doing Matt?)

11 minutes ago, chara said:

I was bemused by the spell leading up to the two goals..miskicks. missed/lost tackles bouncing ball all around the goal mouth....like watching a headless bunch of  chickens...panic spreading everywhere and no calming influence anywhere least of all from the side line ...50/50 challenges turning into 70/30 forget about winning any 60/40 confrontations.

WTF indeed.

Some criticism of Palmer drifting around....a young player in his first full season playing regularly with expectations assigned to at least 4/5 season maturing players.,,, and he still looks more of a player than most.

Brentford are a crap side playing crap football but with only survival ambitions and a wish to keep dining at the top table albeit at the lower end.

Chelsea as a Club ?...I no longer have any idea what the motive  is for playing... 

Take a look at where their two goals begin, they’re both started from our free-kicks. We fanny about sideways and then lose possession. Brentford’s only forward threat was to literally put in the mixer with as much quality that they could muster and then pick up the bits. They were as bad as any PL team I’ve watched live this season, other than us.

Play a bit part for Pep or a lot larger part for the fraud, those were Palmer’s choices (granted, he didn’t know just how bad the latter was) . He wanted to play, brave choice. However, given a competent coach we would probably be seeing more from him. He’s played well generally in a poor side and was acceptable today, stole the ball from Mudrych to then cross it for Disasi to equalise.

1 hour ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

I am Jane. ACCA funny enough!

although I am posh now so FCCA.

No!!!!! Really?? OMG, respect to you 👏🏻

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Liverpool are two points better than us as a first half team, but FORTY points better as a second half team.

Astonishing. I'd say that is related to the respective managers' in-game management: how they react to the opposition, how they adapt their formations and make tactical substitutions. It is also reflective of the teams' differing mentality/ will to win.

It is a quite staggering statistic to the point of being freakish.  I'd like to know if anyothee team in the history of the Premiership has a stat like that?

However, I'm trying to see a positive in this and look at the first halves of games and see no reason why this incredible problem cannot be sorted out over time. It has got to be a mentality and tactical problem. I'd be much more worried if it was down to lack of ability. If players can do consistently well in one half they are capable of playing well in the other. I really do think it's just a matter of time before the players start playing for 90 mins, not 45.

3 hours ago, east lower said:

One other thing, Enzo Fernandez was a 2 out of 10 today. He was that bad.

I thought he played well first half making some positive passes a few of which nearly created good chances. However, he looked absolutely spent in the second half so naturally looked very poor.

6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

So we went three at the back to counter their height from crosses and fell apart the moment a cross went into our box .  Really poor stuff.

Mentioned this in another thread a day or two ago, but we're the second shortest team in the league with an average height of 178cm's. 

Going to a back three was obviously to try and get a bit more height into the side. Unfortunately, some of those who are taller are also cactus when it comes to their aerial ability. 

In years gone by we've been fortunate to have a tall or imposing fullback (Ivanovic or Alonso) that could chip in, plus a CF that would also win their share of defensive headers (Drogba, Costa and Giroud). We've completely lost these elements, coupled with having CB's that aren't close to being as strong as the likes of Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, etc generally. 

No great surprise we're look at sixes and sevens trying to defend anything that's put into the box. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

So we stick with a total dud "because". 

When the travelling support are singing 

F off Mauricio and Boehly Boehly you're a c**t  a change is sure to comw. 

Mind you I think @thevelourfog was behind the Boehly one. 

Unfortunately the company man is here to stay. Last summer should have been and indication of the appeal of the club and it's new set up, when the likes of Enrique and Naglesmann said no thanks

People keep mentioning Jose, unfortunately he would come in and demand 2-3 players which obviously is not part of the TBSD outlook on player recruitment, therefore he's a non starter.

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I think fans are going a bit OTT with their criticisms today.

Yes, it was a pretty poor performance overall, especially the defence, but this has been their third game in a week, two of which were draining, both physically and mentally.   Even  Gallagher looked tired, so I can imagine how knackered the rest of them were feeling. They are humans not robots!

Wow robots in a 45 game season. 

Good job we won be getting into Europe in the near future, one would dread to think how those little darling would react. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Mentioned this in another thread a day or two ago, but we're the second shortest team in the league with an average height of 178cm's. 

Going to a back three was obviously to try and get a bit more height into the side. Unfortunately, some of those who are taller are also cactus when it comes to their aerial ability. 

In years gone by we've been fortunate to have a tall or imposing fullback (Ivanovic or Alonso) that could chip in, plus a CF that would also win their share of defensive headers (Drogba, Costa and Giroud). We've completely lost these elements, coupled with having CB's that aren't close to being as strong as the likes of Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger, etc generally. 

No great surprise we're look at sixes and sevens trying to defend anything that's put into the box. 

Intelligent recruitment then?

Edited by ROTG

Clownsea FC strikes again. Don't recognise this club anymore. Destitute celebrations when scoring from players who have no respect for the shirt. Sack them all apart from the homegrown and play the U18s

A couple of points for thought. The owners bring in Brighton players  & Brighton staff presumably because they liked a model that they saw as successful , although for Brighton supporters a successful season was reaching European football for the first time.  No suprise then that we have turned into what Brighton were , a mid table side. That’s not the model that Chelsea were or should be. Add to the mix that despite spending an age deciding who will best get Chelsea back to the top table, they choose a manager who has no winning mentality. This second point can be clearly seen in our game against city. We posed a serious counter attacking threat against them but with twenty minutes to go, the manager decides to remove the threat & bring on multiple defenders. I was totally downbeat after that game, thinking that a manager with a winner’s mentality would have gone for it rather than see a point as a good result. I felt then that I knew what would happen to us at Wembley, get near to the end of normal time & start thinking of penalties, & that’s exactly what he did. I didn’t expect us to be serial winners ( although I’d like us to be), after such an upheaval at our club but I do want us to have our own identity , close to what we had . I’m old & I grew up standing on the shed, we weren’t always successful like in Roman’s times but we had our own identity. These owners talk of “ the project” but don’t explain exactly what it is or put some kind of timeline to it so we can judge how they’re doing in the project. I was a site manager in my day , worked to programmes, had meetings during the project & had to be accountable for the project being on time & on budget to achieve a successful outcome for both the client & my company (I use this analogy as a kind of metaphor for what’s happening at our club). What I see is a project that’s costing a fortune, is over budget & still remains way behind schedule. 
Forgive the rantings of an old boy butI’m kind of fed up having my weekends having a downer put on them.

• Love 1