Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brentford win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Starting line up Average age of 24 not sure anyone can hide behind the young players excuse. 

It's not so much the age of the players, it's the lack of experience in them of playing at this level in the Premiership. This season should do them the world of good!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Done well to draw then!

Draw a fair result imo.

Btw. Once again,  I didn't see anything in Toney which makes him worth remotely close to the kind of prices we see being quoted for him. Looked bang average and not a player we should be thinking about signing, regardless of the price.

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ham said:

If there is a single crumb of positivity to take from that game, and generally lately, it's that we no longer completely crumble when we go behind in games.

That's an improvement on last season. 

Add to that Ham...rough calculation by me looks as if of the bottom three one needs to win 5 games and last two 7 games and Chelsea to lose every game until the end of the season for relegation to claim us ..this season,,without taking into account the 13th down group...small mercies!..or am I being too optimistic?

I can't imagine that next season could be as flakey.... or can I?

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

If there is a single crumb of positivity to take from that game, and generally lately, it's that we no longer completely crumble when we go behind in games.

Yep! 

Last season we lose this 3 or 4 -1

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It doesn't matter how many times you say this, that is not how football works these days. 

One or two big name coaches get to say who they'd like and their owners try to satisfy them. 

Even Klopp at Liverpool presumably wanted Caicedo and ended up with Endo. 

Pep has an entire nation behind him and an entire corporation working behind the scenes to do what he asks. 

Lower down thr the ladder like us and like Poch you get what you're given and if you're lucky you get an input to what kind of player you want eg a tall left back rather than a left back. 

Sorry disagree 

every coach has a say into who come and goes in a club

as for Caicedo. Latvia, Cucurella, Jackson, Mudryk. All the club who pulled out of the bidding process had plan B’s and look how badly missing out on those players who TBSD payed inflated prices has effected there performance. 

it’s a funny old game. 

Edited by ROTG

From the Guardian:

Brentford’s state of flux is far more understandable; Thomas Frank’s squad has a chronic casualty list,

So that's two weekends in a row our injury-free squad has failed to beat a side wracked with injuries.

• Like 2

Just now, Holymoly said:

How low we've sunk that people find positives from this performance. The light at the end of the tunnel is barely a pinprick.

Somewhere in your post there is a clue to what is happening!

38 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Why should he. It’s not his team.

Might be better to look at the department that hired him and gave him the squad to coach. 

Respectfully I disagree. You always come back to this, mate. Sure the players and owners are culpable, but Poch has been the biggest disappointment at Chelsea for many years imo.

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not really. 
The squads current performance is almost  mirrored to the nobody coach. 

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

Respectfully I disagree. You always come back to this, mate. Sure the players and owners are culpable, but Poch has been the biggest disappointment at Chelsea for many years imo.

Will refer to facts. If poch goes, that is 3 coaches a majority of this squad have gone through since last January,

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Will refer to facts. If poch goes, that is 3 coaches a majority of this squad have gone through since last January,

Potter was dreadful and never should have been hired. And we all know Frank is a terrible manager, though he was an interim. 

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

So we stick with a total dud "because". 

When the travelling support are singing 

F off Mauricio and Boehly Boehly you're a c**t  a change is sure to comw. 

Mind you I think @thevelourfog was behind the Boehly one. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mind you I think @thevelourfog was behind the Boehly one. 

Didn't watch a second of it and went as far as to delete The 5th Stand just so I could have some peace, only just now watching a few highlights. Mate there told me it was the most they've heard chants against the owners catch on, mind.

• Like 1

So we went three at the back to counter their height from crosses and fell apart the moment a cross went into our box .  Really poor stuff.

And what on earth does the manager say at half time? Why do we always seem so unprepared for teams who just step up and press a bit? What is the point of a manager whose basic game plan and in-game tactics are such a failure?

Edited by Original 21

25 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Didn't watch a second of it and went as far as to delete The 5th Stand just so I could have some peace, only just now watching a few highlights. Mate there told me it was the most they've heard chants against the owners catch on, mind.

The Roman chant was first, then coach out, then Bohely and a Jose Mourinho in there somewhere too.

That’s the first I’ve heard of a chant for the coach to go, won’t be long now - thankfully.

They scored their goals from our free-kicks, if that makes sense. 

We had a smidgen of control of the game in the first half and yet gain as soon as the coach gets in front of them at a break we came out looking a very much worse side. 

And the referee was s**t, gave us nothing.

And Brentford are one very poor side, reflecting very badly on where we currently are.

• Agree 2

Of everyone who’s being touted I would give a two year deal to Antonio. Not just for the coaching but the energy, passion and above all physical and mental discipline. IMO he’s a coach…and did pretty well last time. 🩶💜

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Of everyone who’s being touted I would give a two year deal to Antonio. Not just for the coaching but the energy, passion and above all physical and mental discipline. IMO he’s a coach…and did pretty well last time. 🩶💜

ABP Club for me, but he’s a live contender.

Just now, Chelsea_Matt said:

When I say literally anyone would be better I'm not joking, the Athletic printed an article about how Pochettino doesn't coach set pieces, doesn't go into tactics and relys on his players being physically fit and man management. 

That was his philosophy and why seasoned pros at PSG didn't respect him. 

We need a coach, as in someone who coaches the side, one who improves the player one who can organise them  Pochettino by his own admission does none of these things. 

Horrifyingly I also read the club are actively seeking a set piece coach which points towards Pochettino staying. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Jose, Antonio, Tommy Tee. Just get someone in who’ll discipline, organise and COACH THE PLAYERS!!!

So our best options are managers we have already fired 4 times between the three of them. The other name who crops sits in 9th place and had another woeful performance today being beaten 3-0 by the mighty Fulham. 😭😭😭

If we're going to change then at least try someone who is fresh and might bring something different, not tired managers on the down slope or over hyped ones who've done nothing in the league. Amorin might be the one.

Edited by boratsbrother