Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brentford win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

17 minutes ago, chara said:

There are better coaches at the Victoria bus station!

There are better players on Hackney Marshes. 

blaming the coach is the easy option. 

Just now, JaneB said:

F***i g Liverpool.  How did they manage that? 😡

Well, a coach with standards who plays to the strength of his side with everyone knowing their job and what standards are expected I expect. 

North to our South in terms of leadership. 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Coach has to take the majority of the blame. Why is it we always look sh1te after the half time break?

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's literally because they're not being coached 

They're being sent out in a different formation with different personnel every week and told to go out and play. 

No coaching whatsoever. 

I touched on this in the transfer thread 

Even with Poch, put a fit James, Rudi, Silva and Azpi of a couple of years ago, Christensen, Alonso and an up to speed Chilly in this squad and we'd be in fourth place now. 

For all their faults, it's now the midfield and attackers  which are winning and saving games for us while the defence is losing us shit loads of points and has become by far our biggest weakness. It remains to be seen if any of them will be good enough going forward.

Just now, ROTG said:

Because it is the buck stops here job.... not because it's an "easy" option.

My Victoria bus comment was ,of course. just a jibe....There are NOT better players on Hackney Marshes..that's why they are playing there.

Not in the mood for contentious nit picking..sorry.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

Coach has to take the majority of the blame. Why is it we always look sh1te after the half time break?

This has been a problem for 12 months at least. I was posting about this last season. We have been struggling either side of half time for quite a while now. Check goals conceded last season. Different players and different coach, so I’m at a loss to explain it. 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Who cares

the team is light years away from that level. 

Yep ok, I’m just in a foul mood, especially when I saw they’d scored in the 9th minute of injury time.

Says something when I’m more worked up about them than my own team.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Poch is clearly not a top level coach but he's clearly not a duffer either! Nobody can get to coach the clubs he's coached by being a clown.

He has significantly improved  the creative and goal scoring problems we suffered from for years.  Sorting the defence out obviously needs a lot more work. 

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

This has been a problem for 12 months at least. I was posting about this last season. We have been struggling either side of half time for quite a while now. Check goals conceded last season. Different players and different coach, so I’m at a loss to explain it. 

Have you heard his press conferences? 

Imagine that cobblers at half time 

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

Not at all,  there is a lot in giving very average players a pension at 22. 

WTF do I know, the argument about coaching is being said with coach No 3. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

For the record, with the players available today, if Chilwell is playing left wing, it's a shocker. 

He was awful today. So negative in possession. Might as well have gone with Mudryk from the start.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, chara said:

Because it is the buck stops here job.... not because it's an "easy" option.

My Victoria bus comment was ,of course. just a jibe....There are NOT better players on Hackney Marshes..that's why they are playing there.

Not in the mood for contentious nit picking..sorry.

You being an OG should remember many decent players started their careers on Hackney Marshes. 

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Poch is clearly not a top level coach but he's clearly not a duffer either! Nobody can get to coach the clubs he's coached by being a clown.

He has significantly improved  the creative and goal scoring problems we suffered from for years.  Sorting the defence out obviously needs a lot more work. 

My feeling is that the players have improved creativity and goal scoring, in spite of him. 

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Watching the Chelsea defence putting the Chelsea defence under the cosh and teeing up a bunch of basically EPL cloggers is something I have never witnessed before..bad defences..bad mistakes I have seen forever but looked as if the Brentford instructions..dare I say coaching ...was something like .....just wait and let Chelsea set you up.

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's literally because they're not being coached 

They're being sent out in a different formation with different personnel every week and told to go out and play. 

No coaching whatsoever. 

I remember the instant transformation under TT from the shambles we were under Lamps. Players - especially young players - need guidance, proper coaching, clear instructions/ roles and regular touchline prompting, but Lamps seemed to think you just sent eleven players out with a vague game plan.  Just because he had an instinctive understanding of how to play the game doesn't mean all players do. His passivity during games is what we get now from Poch, with players seemingly left to just get on with it. 

• Agree 2

Thing is, as soon as he made the subs, we took control of the game. Shame he waited until they had turned the game around. 

If those subs are made 15/20 minutes earlier I really think we'd have won 

Edited by paulw66