Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Newcastle win

14 hours ago, kev61 said:

Nkunku should be the rope that hangs him.A top class player that is benched when he is fully fit.Honestly the guy makes it up as he goes along.

Thats pretty ridiculous. He’s been out 7 months and clearly needs easing in.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, chara said:

Perspective....less biggest mistakes than too soon and wrong place wrong time ..imho..neither Salah or KDB were the players they are and have been when they were at Chelsea....not that in anyway invalidates your comment....

I will forever be thankful and mindful of Salah's hard working effort on Denba Ba day!

We saw the Chelsea Salah today against City. Very poor.

• Like 1

Too bad Villa failed today. I was hoping for a total season collapse for our humble, cockerel-neighbours in North (East) London 😁

Even in theory the 5th place is more or less unreachable for us now. But we still badly need a win tomorrow. For the fans, the club and the media 😁😁😁

Come on CHELSEA 💙💙💙

• Like 2

10 hours ago, east lower said:

Or he's running the legs off them in training, as is his way. There's a recent video going about of Kyle Walker commenting, fairly negatively about it. And if he starts playing Cucurella in the same way he's treated Chilwell, there's a high likelihood that he'll end up back injured.

He's doing exactly what Liverpool did to Torres and that effectively cut short an elite performers career at the very top level of personal performance. 

I don't subscribe to the idea that our players are being overworked in training, not when our injury issues begun well before Poch's arrival. It's also a greater league wide problem with many players spending weeks or months out, returning briefly, then breaking down again. For me it's more the demand of Premier League football and having to step back into that while not at peak fitness which makes one more susceptible to re-injury. 

11 hours ago, east lower said:

Diarra had played almost 30 senior games before coming to Chelsea, a reasonable level of experience and he also played at right-back on occasions for the national team. Gilchrist is a complete first team novice. Far from nurturing young talent,  he's potentially destroying/harming it.

There's not one tangible area that the coach has improved.

RLC has never had a standout position, CHO only ever played in a wide position and if we  believe that is reported about Hall, wing-back/wide midfield is where he prefers to play.

The coach, the owner's and both of their sets of cronies - a marriage made in hell for Chelsea fans and manna from heaven for the haters.

The point is that young players, whether they're stepping into senior football for the first time or have a small amount of prior experience, are still often getting their break in positions outside of their conventional norm. It's not THAT outlandish in the grand scheme of things and been a common feature in football for decades, rightly or wrongly. 

Sadly I have reached the point where apart from the "title race" points status I really only take notice of the team results below Chelsea,,,relegation is unlikely but until it is a mathematical impossibility I still give importance to the lower than us team results.

Old scars may fade but not disappear!

Season is shot and as soon as it is finished the better...and pre season was so promising, Sigh

13 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

Jeez some posts on here at times !

You need to wind your neck in fella.I would have explained myself better had you not made that comment.I know full well about easing a player back after injury -  from experience!

7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

Thats pretty ridiculous. He’s been out 7 months and clearly needs easing in.

I get what you're saying but a player needs to go through a stringent physical before they are deemed fit enough to play.

Match fitness is a different matter.

Edited by kev61

7 hours ago, chara said:

pre season was so promising, Sigh

Got wrexham and another bloody american two bob team for the squad to deceive the fan base. It's almost like the club hire David Nixon (RIP) to send out an illusion of how good the team is during pre season. 

7 hours ago, xceleryx said:

I don't subscribe to the idea that our players are being overworked in training, not when our injury issues begun well before Poch's arrival. It's also a greater league wide problem with many players spending weeks or months out, returning briefly, then breaking down again. For me it's more the demand of Premier League football and having to step back into that while not at peak fitness which makes one more susceptible to re-injury. 

The point is that young players, whether they're stepping into senior football for the first time or have a small amount of prior experience, are still often getting their break in positions outside of their conventional norm. It's not THAT outlandish in the grand scheme of things and been a common feature in football for decades, rightly or wrongly. 

Walker basically says that his training is you run, run some more and to paraphrase is repetition. What leans me to thinking there is a problem with his methods and perhaps the medical staff is that once they get fit enough to play, and do so they quickly break down again. That is testament to their being issues with methodologies.

Second point I don’t really see many other coaches using novices in positions away from their known or usual ones. Bradley, Rico Lewis, Ferguson, Miles. We didn’t play John Terry in midfield or at full-back. My view is that doing what he’s doing is not serving that young man’s needs well. The saving grace may be that the players’ attitude looks good and it might not set him too far backwards.

8 hours ago, chara said:

Sadly I have reached the point where apart from the "title race" points status I really only take notice of the team results below Chelsea,,,relegation is unlikely but until it is a mathematical impossibility I still give importance to the lower than us team results.

Old scars may fade but not disappear!

Season is shot and as soon as it is finished the better...and pre season was so promising, Sigh

A sad indictment of where we are, I also have very little interest in the PL table aside from the top three. 

Unless there’s some sort of pre and post-Easter rising of the dead, we’re not qualifying for Europe from our league position and unlikely to from the FA Cup with the teams that are still in it.

i might go down the way and go and watch some Conference games, there’s a tasty relegation battle going on at a local club and they’re putting in a fight to stay in that league.

Wouldn’t have thought of doing that before these muppets took ahold of the club:

IMG_1088.webp

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

You need to wind your neck in fella.I would have explained myself better had you not made that comment.I know full well about easing a player back after injury -  from experience!

I didn't realise you had the monopoly on being curt on here. I don't require any explanation. Your original post said all there was to say on the matter.

25 minutes ago, east lower said:

...... and unlikely to from the FA Cup with the teams that are still in it.

Hi, and thanks.

But please explain the above?

Edited by asvaberg

Hoping for an ultra toxic atmosphere tonight. F*ck Poch, F*ck Clearlake and so on and it should commence from kick-off.  Always KTBFFH but our dear club needs a deep cleanse at this point and unless us supporters actually stand up en masse there's not a chance in hell it happens. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/03/fan-protests-did-help-remove-gillett-and-hicks-the-inside-story-of-liverpools-2010-takeover/

This kind of story needs to repeat itself.

Edited by MickyDroy

10 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Hi, and thanks.

But please explain the above?

Unlikely to win it with the likes of Man City and Liverpool still in the competition. We might have to beat both to win it, and sadly we haven’t beaten either for two seasons.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MickyDroy said:

Hoping for an ultra toxic atmosphere tonight. F*ck Poch, F*ck Clearlake and so on and it should commence from kick-off.  Always KTBFFH but our dear club needs a deep cleanse at this point and unless us supporters actually stand up en masse there's not a chance in hell it happens. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/03/fan-protests-did-help-remove-gillett-and-hicks-the-inside-story-of-liverpools-2010-takeover/

Probably won’t take too much for it to happen. Go a goal down and I think that the momentum in those area’s that began at Brentford will surface.

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Got wrexham and another bloody american two bob team for the squad to deceive the fan base. It's almost like the club hire David Nixon (RIP) to send out an illusion of how good the team is during pre season. 

We played three premier league teams in pre-season and looked very good against each of them. 

27 minutes ago, MickyDroy said:

I could understand if the owners had been refusing to put their hands in their pockets but they've spent heavily.

Ok they've made mistakes but they're at least trying 

I don't get the toxic hatred and I don't see how a toxic atmosphere is going to help the players on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I could understand if the owners had been refusing to put their hands in their pockets but they've spent heavily.

You should look into how they've financed that mate. Keyword being heavy debt. Since the purchase they haven't spent a cent of their own money. Not a cent.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

Wrexham and a Mexican team. So many of the internationals will still be on holiday after the Euro and Copa America that we'll see basically reserve teams in these matches.

Im not dreading tonight and I’m not excited about tonight, I actually wouldn’t even be surprised if I forget to watch and that’s just where I am at the moment with the club. The owners have sucked the life out of our club, to the point where if I watch old clips and highlights, it feels like a completely different club to the one we have now. I wouldn’t be shocked if they changed our name at some point… ‘The American Airlines Blues’.

I’ve lost any faith I had in the manager and just cannot back him, even ignoring the results, performances and in game decisions, his personality is so uninspiring.

As for the players, I half feel sorry for them at this point, although at least they’re getting paid a handsome amount to suffer through this, we have to pay to do that!

If we win, faint hopes of the lower tier European competitions remain, if we lose, they’re gone and so will any fight from ours players be for the rest of the season.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Ok they've made mistakes but they're at least trying 

I don't get the toxic hatred and I don't see how a toxic atmosphere is going to help the players on the pitch. 

Problem lies in them, basically destroyed the heart and soul of a football club, in two years, by experimenting with unproven philosophies and trying to do cleaver accounting.

It is going to be interesting how far down the ladder ManUre will fall, with INEOS taking over the running of the club, the squad is not dissimilar to the one Clearlake took over, and with the vibes coming out about wages etc FFP etc.

So observing which route INEOS take on how they restructure the playing and coaching staff and the football management  set up e.g. DoF etc and how this impact the performance levels next season on the field could be an interesting comparison. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chiswickblue said:

Wrexham and a Mexican team. So many of the internationals will still be on holiday after the Euro and Copa America that we'll see basically reserve teams in these matches.

Then the questions what's the point, apart for it being a quick buck for the creamcakes.